Hardest/Easiest Gym Leader so far?

Xiri

Have you ever tried to beat her without weather? It was literally a massacre for me, even my DD Gyarados didn't stood a chance

i found sara quite easy back in e10 wihtout weather as for hardest shade since i had no way to deal with his chandalure (no water type in team nad vibrava wasnt much use)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Shade and Serra (pre-singles) actually stopped 2 of my runs. Pre-doubles Radomus was also quite fun, same for Corey.

I refuse to alter my team for a specific fight whatsoever, so I never had any sun for Serra, no rain for Charlotte. Probably why Charlotte was my toughest fight so far on my main save (still went 3-0 though). The easiest gym leader for me was Florinia by far, followed by Noel. Yes, Noel. He got reKt by my main team.

Coincidentally, Noel was the toughest on my Poison almost-Mono, I only beat him when I had to change my team to include level 40 Arbok, the only user of Sludge Wave on a Poison almost-Mono. Again, Flobot was the easiest (Minimize Grimer trivialized that fight), followed by Radomus. Drapion killed at least 4 of his team members iirc. I lost the file, but imagine Charlotte would've been tough on that one too.

Samson was by far the easiest. I hope it was simply because I've been EV training my Pokemon since the end of Ep. 11, but dude was light work.

My hardest were Shade and Luna. I had to abuse the 10.5 Sucker Punch glitch just to beat Shade, and I had to use my Gallade as a crutch when I fought Luna (her Umbreon still ended up giving me issues).

E: OK, gotta be honest: Florinia, KiKi and Radomus (post-nerf) all took me one try. Krickitune single handedly shits on Rini's whole team, Granbull w/ Intimidate + Charm laughs at most of KiKi's team (except for the Lucario that happens to be Special), and Radomus got neutered pretty significantly compared to where he was when I watched Shofu's playthrough (that said, it was the only time Gyarados wasn't useful).

Edited by mashonem

Hardest: Luna, Samson and Charlotte. They weren't HARD as such, it just took one good strategy made from analyzing their teams to beat them, otherwise I was dead (I almost rage-quit when I battled Charlotte though...)

Easiest: All the other Gym Leaders (I seriously had no problem with them).

Edited by Carzone11

Serra pre-nerf only took me two tries with sunny day magmar and that fire anteater one with flame burst.

C'mon, MAN!

It's Heatmor. You can remember him by this. The Sinnoh legend ran away, while the anteater wanted mor ants.

Hardest:-Ep.12 Shade. Geez, such power in one battle.(Most)

-Aya. My experience was before she got a field, but she still stole souls until I grinded.(Mid)

-Noel. Toxic Spikes/Corrosive Field + Smack Down, but RNG Kings Rock hax(3rd)

Easiest:-Ep.12 Serra. I did go in with Smack Down on Greninja, Hariyama and Growlithe, so...

-Sampson:Just as Ciel does, I swept with flying types, Hawlucha and Noivern exactly. I also added Toxic Spikes for MY hax.(Easiest-for me)

Have you ever tried to beat her without weather? It was literally a massacre for me, even my DD Gyarados didn't stood a chance

I used a Drought Ninetails against her, so for me she ranks as one of the easiest gym leaders along with Julia. Though personally I also found Radomus and Luna easy and the hardest ones were probably Charlotte and Noel.

For me it went like:

-Hardest: Luna, Serra, Corey (on 2nd playthrough with poison field)

-Easiest: Florinia (1st playthrough), Samson.

The rest (Noel, Aya, Shade, Radomus, Shelly, Kiki, Cal, etc.) weren't all that hard for what I remember, but also not necesarily weak either. While Luna and Serra took me like 25-30 tries (and I'm serious about this, specially with Luna) and Florinia and Samson just one, the rest were about 4-6 tries before killing them. And Charlotte would have been in Luna's league if it wasnt because of these two words: Tyr Antrum.

i found sara quite easy back in e10 wihtout weather as for hardest shade since i had no way to deal with his chandalure (no water type in team nad vibrava wasnt much use)

Exactly (also it's Serra not Sara), e10 is post nerf you should have tried her in ep8, that was literally the most difficult fight in all of Reborn(for me).

Hardest for me was definitely Shade. I think it took me six attempts to beat him. His Rotom, Gengar, and Chandelure were complete pills for my team.

Easiest for me was Luna. 3-0 victory, but it wasn't really that close. I sacrificed my Ludicolo to set up rain against Carpenter, then brought in my Ninetales for drought, getting rid of her darkness field and inserting rainbow. Ninetales falles to her T-tar, but then my speed boost Scolipede sweeps everything down to her Sableye with steamroller. Sableye wins that matchup, and Empoleon finishes the job. I'm about to face off with Samson after a bit of grinding, so we'll see how that goes.

Radomos also went surprisingly well since he neglected to ever put up trick room. I honestly didn't expect my team to beat him first attempt.

My easiest were Luna, Kiki and samson, calm mind gardevoir op

Hardest were Aya, Charlotte, Noel. Had to catch and train up a walrein for charlotte to disable that OP field, and for noel had to get excadrill. Aya and charlotte both required me to set up calm mind with gardevoir 2-3 times before sweeping

Actually for me the Poison duo was piece of cake because i love Psychics. Actually before i play the real match against the Gym leaders I test their pokemons. I defeated them (Poison Duo) in my trial battle. Same goes for Kiki and Sampson. Hardest for me was obviously Luna but not so hard though and Charlotte due to the field effects

In my first playthrough the hardest was Corey, the easiest was Julia (I hadn't gotten that far in the game then)

Now...my hardest gym leader to defeat were Noel, Aya and Charlotte (thank god for her I had teached my espeon rain dance) and the easiest were Serra, Luna and Samson (I don't remember losing to them once).

THE HARDEST WAS CHARLOTTE... Ok, heated field + field on fire effect + eruption = 1 hit k.o on all my pokemon. I'm not gonna lie, i restarted my game like 15 times to beat her.... I AM Never DOING THAT AGAIN! :angry::angry: :angry: :angry::angry:

Easiest is

kiki and samson and flobot... but i went back a few episodes and got golbat and got crobat. KIKI just easy and samson got owned by my alakazam and gengar.. #pigswag :#fish:

Edited by Mr.Shadow

The difficulty of all the gym leaders is real. I would have to say that Samson was the easiest for me. Every playthrough I've done has swept his team with no problem. The hardest was defintely Serra pre patch, but now I would have to go with Julia or Corey. Try not using a Pokemon with Lightningrod or Volt absorb as an ability against Julia. Also, the corrosion in Corey's gym is just hell. Pure hell

I haven't seen the newer, rebuilt teams of some of the leaders, but going off of experience:

Hardest: I have to give it to Florinia more on this one. Old Serra is annoying, but weather is weather. Flornia in the early versions of the game really makes you put your thinking cap on.

Easiest: This has to go to Samson hands down. Sometimes using the field against its leader is a stronger tactic than just pitting super-effective Pokemon out there. Luna was fairly easy considering most of the team I had at the time was heavily resistant to the Dark-type.

Most favorite: Old Radomus; Despite being different than it is now, I liked the design behind this team and the AI could support it well.

Least favorite: Old Serra; Hail is all that will need to be said here.

The hardest for me was Aya because her team spamming sludge wave just did not work out well for me. The easiest one for me was Charlotte, but I have to admit that I went a little overboard there. I basically had out my Flygon and a flying type and proceeded to spam Earthquake to absolutely wreck her team.