Mamoswine OP?

Azeria

So we're trying to make a corrosive field that basically buffs the hell out of poison types. Why don't we just double poison type's defense while we're at it?

Yes. Perfect, and then, when the battle is over, Aya kicks you in the chest and her muk smothers you in its toxic gelatinous rolls and then you die and got to hell and never win a battle ever again.

Yes. Perfect, and then, when the battle is over, Aya kicks you in the chest and her muk smothers you in its toxic gelatinous rolls and then you die and got to hell and never win a battle ever again.

Isn't that a little extreme?

How about, not to op but not weak. Poison Swamp field, Poison gets dual type with Dark as to hit Phychics well, swampy ness being what lowers Earthquake's "brokenness", make water moves boost and gain poison typing. This field idea makes even Koga applaud in his inferiority.

Why is everyone whining, (sigh)

isn't this what reborn is a bit about, a insane harder pokemon game.

I would like to see what is about to happen and lose my sanity...again

And remember guys/gals, Every power has a weakness.

Not when you take away every single weakness with a field effect.

Now I'm not really sure how difficult reborn is suppose to be but as long as we have the tools to fight back, I'm ok with fighting a somewhat tougher opponent. Besides the electric terrain, there's usually a way for us to use the field to our advantage if we choose to do so. So I don't mind earthquake being nerfed in particular. I just hope there's some advantage in it for us with Aya's new field and it doesn't necessarily have to just give poison types support. Especially, since a lot of people are running towards pokemon with earthquake including myself.

She's very difficult as is and Mamoswine is just one of many options. Not to mention Mamoswine really isn't the best option considering the fact that Tentacruel will most likely outspeed you unless you ev trained it. Then there's the case that most of her pokemon have and can pull of giga drain against you. Camerupt helps until dragalge or drapion enter the fray. Psychic types? Well speedy Gengar is totally prepared. I think the worst part is dealing with a Muk with minimize.

Luck was on my side every time I beat Aya and I was using a Gothitelle who happened to have Competitive as its ability. I was lucky enough to ko 5 pokemon from her whole team with psychic moves but its accuracy and defense was down and I only had one hyper potion to use for keeping it in a little longer before it fell to muk. Mamoswine is just handy at that point in the game against shade and aya. Other than that it falls as well.

I don't care. Mamoswine is awesome anyway. You people should stop worrying so much. It's bad for your health.

OK, more seriously. Aya is prepared for ground and psychic attacks. What kind of poison gym leader would she be if she wasn't? A bad one. We have a greater advantage if you think about it. We're humans. We have human intelligence. I know the Al in this game is good but... We know her whole team beforehand, even the moves. (Well... that depends, but I think most of us do by now.) And we don't have to bring only ground and psychic types. We can bring an electric type for the Tentacruel, a dark type for the Gengar etc etc. We can basically design our team on purpose to hard-counter her, and play it better than her. And about the field, there are ways to terminate fields. What I'm trying to say is that as I see it, we have a huge advantage against the gym leaders, even without access to the best TMs, certain rare Pokemon and so on.

I think it comes down to what Saber said: we should have the tools to fight back. I'm alright with buffing her under that condition.

Edited by Amber132

I don't care. Mamoswine is awesome anyway. You people should stop worrying so much. It's bad for your health.

OK, more seriously. Aya is prepared for ground and psychic attacks. What kind of poison gym leader would she be if she wasn't? A bad one. We have a greater advantage if you think about it. We're humans. We have human intelligence. I know the Al in this game is good but... We know her whole team beforehand, even the moves. (Well... that depends, but I think most of us do by now.) And we don't have to bring only ground and psychic types. We can bring an electric type for the Tentacruel, a dark type for the Gengar etc etc. We can basically design our team on purpose to hard-counter her, and play it better than her. And about the field, there are ways to terminate fields. What I'm trying to say is that as I see it, we have a huge advantage against the gym leaders, even without access to the best TMs, certain rare Pokemon and so on.

I think it comes down to what Saber said: we should have the tools to fight back. I'm alright with buffing her under that condition.

*Throws a whole package of Cookies*