Espeon or Gardevoir?

Gashimon

I'm not sure if this was done before, but which do you guys think is best for Reborn? Since Gardevoir gets dual typing now; Psychic and Fairy, that raises some of it's immunities, but it also gets some more weaknesses. Espeon is pure Psychic, but defense is still around the same as Gardevoir, but it's speed is higher. I'm stuck between which of these to choose. Ideas?

Without using TMs such as Reflect and Light Screen, and lack of most hazard users on opponent's teams, Espeon looses most of it's niche's. Also, just because they're Psychic types, doesn't mean they're 'equals.' That's like comparing Hariyama and Hitmonlee.

Well right now, you kinda have to walk all the way from Opal back to Calcenon, even if you paid for the bridge and had the lil shortcut in route 2, if you went challenging trainers in the Center there lol.

And I mean, yeah I guess there are others who can use teleport but, I like to have my current travelling team as offensive Pokemon, you know? Like, in case I ever run into a situation where say... all 5 of my lvl 60s got wiped out, but I stored my last other lvl 60 so I could bring a lvl 15 abra for teleport, then I get wiped out from it. Point is, I put it on Gardevoir cause she's always in my party and I haven't once stored her for any reason, so I wanted to know if getting rid of teleport at this point wold be worth it

The marginal benefit of having a 6th viable Pokemon on your team is so little that you might as well buy the Abra from 7th street as a Teleport slave.

As for the question in the title itself, Pokemon that naturally learn set-up moves in Reborn are few and far between, so the available Pokemon that learn set-up moves naturally are generally superior to those who don't learn them naturally.

As a guy who uses Espeon I would say go with Gardevoir, Gardevoir has a better typing, it also has a better movepool getting access to calm mind and moon blast give it good coverage and sweeping potential, ability wise Espeon would normally win since magic bounce is incredibly powerful but in reborn very few trainers actually use status moves I've carried around my Espeon for a long time and I've only seen magic bounce proc around 10 times while trace though kind of random is a very good ability, stat wise I think Espeon has a little more sp atk and is a bit faster while Gardevoir has more sp def. Overall I would go with Gardevoir, its a bit more flexible than Espeon being able to sweep with calm mid, has better coverage, and its abilitly is a little better, theres a reason why she go moved so far back in the game.

As a guy who uses Espeon I would say go with Gardevoir, Gardevoir has a better typing, it also has a better movepool getting access to calm mind and moon blast give it good coverage and sweeping potential, ability wise Espeon would normally win since magic bounce is incredibly powerful but in reborn very few trainers actually use status moves I've carried around my Espeon for a long time and I've only seen magic bounce proc around 10 times while trace though kind of random is a very good ability,

I think what you mean is a very "fun" ability. I've never had that much utility with it in battles, but gosh if it's not the funnest thing ever to suddenly and inexplicably both know and have your opponent's signature traits. *Opponent sends out Furfrou* Me: HUEHUEHUEHUE

Edited by Eagleby18

My Gardevoir currently has Psychic, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind and Teleport. The teleport is there for if I wanna get back to a pokemon center quickly. Do you guys think I need it? Or should I try to give it moonblast?

off topic but did you breed for psycic or is the tm in the game?

i feel that guardevior is better suited altho since it became a fairy i found that its hard to get to the llast stage since all the meteor grunts use poison and steel pokemon which are both strong against fairy

I think what you mean is a very "fun" ability. I've never had that much utility with it in battles, but gosh if it's not the funnest thing ever to suddenly and inexplicably both know and have your opponent's signature traits. *Opponent sends out Furfrou* Me: HUEHUEHUEHUE

that's true though when I used trace Gardevoir it usually got me some pretty awesome abilities. Does anyone remember in Shofus playthrough when his Gardevir traced Noel's Clefables Unaware and then both of them proceed to have a boosting contest XD

off topic but did you breed for psycic or is the tm in the game?

i feel that guardevior is better suited altho since it became a fairy i found that its hard to get to the llast stage since all the meteor grunts use poison and steel pokemon which are both strong against fairy

Gardevoir gets Psychic at level 40 and usually, my gardevoir either outspeeds their poison types, or I send in my Diggersby for them

Trainers in Reborn not using status moves? I don't know what Reborn you're playing...

While Espeon has the superior ability, more power (only slightly, though) and more speed, Gardevoir has better typing and coverage overall, as well as better bulk. Adding Calm Mind from level-up to that list, well, there's really no contest- the answer is Gardevoir. Magic Bounce is still fun to mess around with, yes, but Trace has its uses in messing with the opponent as well.

Although it's not really a fair fight, as most Pokemon with buffing moves will do really well in Reborn.

Ralts and Kirlia are even worse now in the beginning, but in the end Gardevoir would be the best choice. I've used both and even tho I'm a bigger fan of Espeon, Gardevoir has a much better move pool. I have that Calm Mind TM from old Radomus tho.

Gardevoir gets Psychic at level 40 and usually, my gardevoir either outspeeds their poison types, or I send in my Diggersby for them

strange mine didn't get the prompt to learn it and i dont have a heart scale at the momemt but i'd still recomend guardevoir and make an umberon out of your eevee and is for the part about the poison types im refering to raising it up into a guardevoir

Edited by sandy