Pre-game team

Trilodon9

Okay, I'm the type of trainer that likes planning my team before i actually play the game. But before i start i wanna know what you guys think of my team.

charizard

1. flamethrower

2. air slash

3. dragon pulse

4.?

flygon

1. earth power/EQ

2. dragon claw

3. rock slide

4. crunch

chesnuaght

1. hammer arm

2. spiky shield

3. woodhammer

4.?

empoleon

1. scald/surf

2. ice beam

3. drillpeck/metal claw

4. agility

sylveon

1. moonblast

2. calm mind

3. shadow ball

4.?

gigalith

1. stonedge

2. curse

3. heavy slam

4. bull doze/EQ

any advice is allowed and appreciated

i think everything is avalible but you have to start with charizard that is the only one you cant get through wild or event

chesnaught empoleon and sylveon are late mid-game

gigalith pre-evo can be found in various caves and early game

flygon is alot of nolife work so only get him if you really want to

but dont think about your team yet bcuz this isnt a normal pokemon game this is 4x harder

you need to balance your team more you can only do that when you're playing and exploring

so enjoy playing

Edited by nevs

^ What they said. It's actually very hard to run through Reborn with just 6 pokémon ready for battle, so be ready to train something else.

Also, Roost for Charizard's 4th move, Bulk-Up or Leech Seed for Chestnaught, Flash Cannon in the 3rd slot for Empoleon and Wish for Sylveon. Ah, also I'd use Hyper Voice instead of Moonblast on it cuz Pixilate.

I'd recommend you either go for a physical Charizard (Dragon Dance (Altaria/Horsea family), Flare Blitz, Dragon Claw or Outrage(Druddigon), Shadow Claw. You can get both DDance and Outrage by breeding Druddigon>Horsea>Charizard) or go for a different starter because Charizard really only has two good Special Moves without TMs(Delphox is pretty sweet imo).

Keep in mind that you can use a Heart Scale for the Move Relearner to give Trapinch Superpower.

Chesnaught can pull of a pretty good physical stalling set with Spiky Shield, Leech Seed, Synthesis and an attacking move. Or you could run an offensive set and add Bulldoze really early via Diglett and support your team with the Speed drop/debuff.

I'd say Scald is better than Surf because of the Burn chance, and Drill Peck is not only stronger than Metal Claw (even with STAB), it also gives you much better type coverage.

Get Trump Card for Sylveon. With Pixilate, it can have up to 390 Base Power. Also, no idea how you plan on getting Calm Mind onto it. Radomus hands out the Trick Room TM iirc(which could actually benefit your team). Wish is a good move for it.

Gigalith really can't take too many special attacks. It's weaknesses are also incredibly common, so I'd recommend switching it with something else.

To cover some types you don't have, I'd recommend you go with something like:

Durant with Hustle (Rock Slide via Crustle or Hone Claws from Drapion), Crustle (Earhtquake via Geodude), Drapion (Swords Dance via Ninjask), Galvantula (Energy Ball via Petilil>Paras>Joltik), Gengar (Sludge Bomb and Thunderbolt via Muk>Stunfisk>Gastly), Nidoking (Ice Beam and Thunderbolt via Smeargle), Bronzong with Trick Room (TR would really help your team), Scrafty (Elemental Punches are available via Hitmonchan or Dragon Dance via Altaria), Heracross (Earthquake and Rock Slide via Geodude>Crustle>Heracross), Yanmega (Psychic via Venomoth), Reuniclus with Trick Room (Calm Mind via Ralts), Escavalier (Knock Off via Drapion), Bouffalant (Reckless STAB Head Charge is freaking ridiculous)(Wild Charge, Poison Jab, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Stone Edge via Smeargle), Helioptile (Surf, *some Electric move*, Dark Pulse and Grass Knot(Pansage>Scraggy>Helioptile) is a great set). Just keep in mind, to breed any TMs, you'll have to go back to E12.

I also agree on getting temporary team members until you get your team where you want it to. Most gyms can be trivialized with some of the stuff available which you would otherwise never consider using,

(Also Notus, Hyper Voice is a tutor move for Sylveon and Flash Cannon cannot be bred onto Empoleon).

Edited by Etesian