Volcarona

Amethyst

• Administrators
To submit a set for this Pokémon, please Copy and Paste the following code into a new reply and fill it out accordingly. Please post only set per reply.
[quote][Set Name]
[Species Name] (M/F) @ [Hold Item]
Trait: [Ability]
EVs: [EVs]
[Nature] Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

[Description of Set][/quote]
Please note that the format for the set's details matches that produced by Pokemon Online's Export Button, so feel free to copy/paste sets directly from your teams, with your own description provided.

• 3 months later...
Quivering Behemoth
Volcarona @ Leftovers/Life Orb/Lum Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
Timid/Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance/Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Probably the best special sweeper in the game, bar Ubers of course. This thing is an absolute beast, and it should be treated as such. Quiver Dance is even more broken than Dragon Dance, as it gives Volcarona some extra Special bulk while it gets a special version of Dragon Dance. The choice between Fiery Dance and Fire Blast comes down to a potential SpAtk boost vs. POWERRRR. Bug Buzz is a reliable, base 90 power STAB move. Hidden Power Rock hits Dragons and Heatran (to some extent), the two best candidates for walling this set. Volcarona [i]needs[/i] support in Rapid Spinning; it takes 50% health from Stealth Rock and it isn't even immune to Spikes. Starmie, Donphan, Foretress, Claydol, etc. They all work, just make sure Rocks aren't on the field when Volcarona comes in. Other than that, Volcarona is a tough Pokémon to beat, especially if you get some hax and Flame Body activates on a physical counter. The choice between Leftovers, Life Orb, or Lum Berry is longevity, power, or a better chance to set up. Take your pick.

---

You know what's funny? I didn't even realize "Behemoth" was a pun until [i]after[/i] I posted this. I'm so [s]not[/s] clever...

• 1 month later...
Guest Mafia
Sleepy Butterfly
Volcarona (F) @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SAtk / 96 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rest
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Bug Buzz

Switch in on a Will-O-Wisp or Threat-less Pokemon and quiver dance until you can either start killing or are threatened.

Use rest to gain back Hp if walls want to stay in and try and chip your hp away with posion or parahax.

Firaga
Timid/Modest Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hurricane
------------------------------------------
I'd pick heat wave over Fire Dance. Quiver Dance should give you all the boosts you need. If you have a good Hidden Power type, I might pick that over Hurricane, but otherwise, this moveset is pretty solid knowing that there are water types that will try to defeat Volcarona, so I chose Hidden Power [Grass], if it's scarfed, it can sweep Water Types..

• 2 weeks later...
Sun bathing Volcarona

Timid
252 speed, 152 sp. Attack 154 HP
@Leftovers
Flame body

Quiver Dance
Hurricane
Morning Sun
Fiery Dance

With this set, you'll want to come in on a special attacker, but make sure you're not switching in on an attack that would do too much damage. Volcarona is frail, but a huge threat in the metagame. After one quiver dance, you should be able to outspeed most opponents and take multiple special hits. If needed, you can use Morning Sun (heals 2/3 of health in the sunshine) to gain back HP and cause ragequits. Hurricane's accuracy is greatly boosted in weather, so sun comes in handy once again. Fiery dance is STAB, powerful, and has a chance of boosting special attack.

Quiver Dance for sustainability and power
Hurricane for 120 power and possible confusion
Morning Sun for frustrating healing power
Fiery Dance for sweeping goodness

[quote name='DrMudkip' timestamp='1307334424' post='15363']
Firaga
Timid/Modest Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hurricane
------------------------------------------
I'd pick heat wave over Fire Dance. Quiver Dance should give you all the boosts you need. If you have a good Hidden Power type, I might pick that over Hurricane, but otherwise, this moveset is pretty solid knowing that there are water types that will try to defeat Volcarona, so I chose Hidden Power [Grass], if it's scarfed, it can sweep Water Types..
[/quote]

How does Quiver Dance give you boosts if you don't have the move...?

I lol'd.

Anyway.

Volcarona @ Choice Specs

EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Overheat
- Bug Buzz
- Hurricane
- Psychic

This set is pretty straightforward, if I say so myself. With Specs, STAB and Overheat's Base Power, it gets more than a Specstran's Overheat, which is 604 max. So all you water Pokemon out there, look out @.@

[quote]Also Hurricane works better in Rain, so unless you have something in mind, you'll be expecting quite alot of misses.[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"]Winter Why you ninja me all the time, but yeah winter is right. Especially since Volcarna is best used in the sun. Hurricane can't miss in rain, but has 50% accuracy in the sun.[/color]

• 6 months later...
Volcarona (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Morning Sun
- Fiery Dance

So let me preface this by saying that unless you have a rapid spinner you should not use Volcarona.

I use this set on my sun team, and the extra power behind Fiery Dance and the extra uberl33t heals behind Morning Sun really pay off. Bug Buzz is another stab, abnd if you don't try to get up some Quiver dancin' you should uninstall.

I like to use yawn on the enemies' special attacker, either forcing a switch or putting them to sleep. After the initial yawn, I switch Volcarona, and if they switch, no damage is taken. If they don't switch, Volca takes a hit, but is free to Quiver Dance.

The End.

• 6 months later...
Get a Mothful of this!

Volcarona (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sunny Day
- Heat Wave

This set provides strategy flexibility. [b]Sunny Day[/b] brings your team's Fire-type moves to scary power levels, reduces damage from Water-type moves and brings Hurricane's power down. [b]Quiver Dance[/b] is an early-game move to bolster Volcarona and maybe prepare to sweep through a team. Although [b]Heat Wave[/b] is a little less accurate than Fiery Dance, it is more powerful and hits multiple targets in Doubles and Triples. Finally, [b]Bug Buzz[/b] is your more reliable STAB move that takes care of Grasses, Psychics, and Darks (for when you absolutely MUST wipe out that Contrary Serperior).

• 2 years later...

Volcarona (F) @ Lum Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Quiver Dance

- Bug Buzz

- Fiery Dance

- Roost

"Winter your set is awful kys"

"no, let me explain"

Yes, let me explain! This was made some time ago on a bulky offensive team. It's simple, the defensive and HP investments allow for a nice cushion against any physical attacks that aren't Rock types. The rest is plain simple, all you have to do is Quiver Dance once, maybe twice, and you've got a nice, speedy, yet stocky monster on your hands. This bugs a lot of people. Fiery Dance ALSO has the chance of increasing your Special Attack, as well as STAB along with Bug Buzz. Leftovers and Roost for the annoying, yet life saving heals for days, just be careful that you're not up against a Heatran or something.

**ah yes a powerful correction, there is a Lum Berry, no Leftovers**