How good is Pokemon Zeta/Omicron?

Omega_Ra1der

There are a ton of extra Mega Evolutions, the level cap is 120, two non catch able Legndaries, and one Pokemon that everyone wants, which is also non catch able.

EDIT: There are also two story lines. Not going to spoil anything more.

Edited by Upbeatshadowchain

Well....I've been playing it and it's has a lot of great features, but the weak/typical story line, the recycled sprites/weak graphics, the many typos and bugs, etc. is just ruining the whole thing for itself. Reborn is so much better in so many ways.

Pokemon Zeta/Omicron was pretty good. True the story may not be as in depth or hardcore as Reborn but it was a really fun game. True it was my very first pokemon game so I may be a bit biased. It isn't put your balls through a meat grinder hard like Reborn is but it is a good deal harder than the main lines. They have HM items to replace cut/strength/etc so no need for wasted party slots. They have some pretty good bonuses. It has a few battles that are Reborn level difficulty but generally as long as you mind your types and have a balanced team you're good.

One neat thing is that they have various challenge modes like randomized, nuzlocke, solo run, trainers don't give money, pokecenters don't restore PP, all pokemon you haven't caught have their stats/sprites hidden, can't use TMs, and can't flee from battles. I did hear the guy who made it is thinking of making a sequel to it that has Reborn level difficulty, edginess, and story.

Well....I've been playing it and it's has a lot of great features, but the weak/typical story line, the recycled sprites/weak graphics, the many typos and bugs, etc. is just ruining the whole thing for itself. Reborn is so much better in so many ways.

If you have a problem with the default sprites they have various sprite overhaul/GUI packs you can download in the main download page at its subreddit and replace the default ones with. As for typos and bugs you can always point them out on the subreddit so they can fix it in the next patch, if you want to put in that much effort. They recently released version/patch 1.4.10.

I played Zeta. It's fun, easy, long and lasting. I am not sure about the pack extensions but the things that were lacking was that they could improve the backgrounds (tired of seeing the same "green" backgrounds), continue to add more transitions when entering different locations, and add the legendary music (not wild battle) on legendary pokemon.

I'm still playing through Zeta, and I do like it. I tend to use it as a 'If I don't stop playing Reborn I might cry' stress relief thing. Design-wise I think it leaves a little to be desired, but some of the mechanics are very useful! I think you might be able to do multiplayer stuff on it? But I could be wrong...

I very much liked the game, it's like your average Rom hack, but better and with many neat mechanics/things to do. Except one of those neat mechanics only accessible once you've beaten the game was a real let-down for me (it doesn't affect the rest of the game)

Once you've beaten the game one of the bonus things you can do is run your own gym, but you have to use your own Pokemon, you can't just build a team. There's next to no point to that feature if you're not catching everything you find and training it to some extent.

I liked the game pretty much, buuut, i thought, that some of ne "New" Megas are just Op as f...
Mega-Reuniclus comes in, sets up a Trick-Room with its ability Speed Swap, and then that overwhelming 10 base Speed and 175 Base Sp-Attack, it wrecks Teams. The ideas are nice, but still, some are just OP :P

I very much liked the game, it's like your average Rom hack, but better and with many neat mechanics/things to do. Except one of those neat mechanics only accessible once you've beaten the game was a real let-down for me (it doesn't affect the rest of the game)

Once you've beaten the game one of the bonus things you can do is run your own gym, but you have to use your own Pokemon, you can't just build a team. There's next to no point to that feature if you're not catching everything you find and training it to some extent.

I like the idea but grinding is really existent. That level jump.

• Support Squad

The story is ass, but it stays true to the main points of the main games, so meh. Good extra features and it's lengthy as fuck which is a plus in my book. I play it as a timewaster when watching a livestream as well.

I played Zeta before discovering Reborn.

Zeta is really, REALLY lengthy. Post-E4 also involves a lot of grinding, but I figure if you've been through Reborn, you should be at a level where grinding in Zeta is unnecessary (I beat the final boss of Zeta with a level 90-95 team, although I had no idea there was an obscure optional dungeon that you could really level up and prepare in beforehand). The game hands you a lot of stuff on a platter compared to Reborn though. Earthquake could be potentially obtained before the 3rd gym, for one. Gible can be found at a very low rate before the 2nd gym. You can use IV stones to reset a crap IV to max (this is something I'd like to see implemented in Reborn at some point, but obviously at a far greater cost).

One of the most annoying things IMO is the creator's insistence on keeping everything within Gen 5 mechanics, even though many Gen 6 mechanics were introduced later. Steel still resists Ghost and Dark. Fairy types do exist, but it doesn't apply to those that were retyped Fairy in Gen 6.

Keep expectations in check. Zeta is decent, but nowhere near Reborn level.

Edited by Alilatias

I played Zeta (and Omicron) before discovering Reborn.²

I can say it's a good experience and post game content is pretty good, (Phoenix Iota, Gold Cuff Society and stuff). It's not as memorable as Reborn, but better than most fanmade games I played tbh.

Edited by Firebane

I played Zeta before discovering Reborn.

Zeta is really, REALLY lengthy. Post-E4 also involves a lot of grinding, but I figure if you've been through Reborn, you should be at a level where grinding in Zeta is unnecessary (I beat the final boss of Zeta with a level 90-95 team, although I had no idea there was an obscure optional dungeon that you could really level up and prepare in beforehand). The game hands you a lot of stuff on a platter compared to Reborn though. Earthquake could be potentially obtained before the 3rd gym, for one. Gible can be found at a very low rate before the 2nd gym. You can use IV stones to reset a crap IV to max (this is something I'd like to see implemented in Reborn at some point, but obviously at a far greater cost).

One of the most annoying things IMO is the creator's insistence on keeping everything within Gen 5 mechanics, even though many Gen 6 mechanics were introduced later. Steel still resists Ghost and Dark. Fairy types do exist, but it doesn't apply to those that were retyped Fairy in Gen 6.

Keep expectations in check. Zeta is decent, but nowhere near Reborn level.

Windows user here, but I going guess glibe is in the midnight cave because I spotted an axew but then again omicron. EDIT: having micro glitches where you battle trainer you get a vs. banner but for some reason, the sprites is complety wrong. (imagine sirus is a fisherman)

Edited by OmegaRa1der

Windows user here, but I going guess glibe is in the midnight cave because I spotted an axew but then again omicron. EDIT: having micro glitches where you battle trainer you get a vs. banner but for some reason, the sprites is complety wrong. (imagine sirus is a fisherman)

Yeah, there's version exclusives, like Gible and Axew. They even have this, which is really neat (too bad it doesn't list trades, but there are next to none, compared to Reborn).