Persona 5 Official Thread

Godot

• Support Squad

Vigilante my butt. They're criminals. Cat burglars, if you will.

That blue-print map in their bar hideout makes it look like they're plotting a heist. Plus that short scene where the mc is behind bars (probably a nightmare or midnight channel type scene).

I honestly really don't like the direction they're going with this. The crazy ass acrobatics, the overly-care free give no fucks attitude that seems to pervade...

Well, let's consider what the idea of the Game is. Like how P3 was about facing and overcoming obstacles and finding the strength to go on and P4 was about finding the strength to get to the truth, this game was said to be about being freed from the shackles of society for those bored with it. I think the Vigilante/criminal shtick goes hand in hand with that theme quite well, it's exciting, new, rebellious. And you know that that selfish attitude won't continue throughout the entirety of the game, they'll likely find a purpose after experiencing their new-found freedom and grow up. plus we've seen a total of like 3 actual characters (I won't count the cat) so they probably won't all be like that.

Also, I agree with this guy on most of his points:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main protagonist is also known as the Phantom. He uses Knives and Handguns. He pulls off heists while wearing a mascerade ball mask.
The other guy's name is Ryuji, he wears a skull mask and uses Bludgens and Shotguns.
The girl's name is Anne. She is theorized to be a foreign exchange student. She fights using whips and sub machine guns. She also wears a cat mask.
Lastly is the cat, Morgana. Who is inspired by the 7 deadly sins. She fights using swords and slingshots.

Edit:

Who is this character?

8nS8qQh.png

Looks like a Kurubi.

also, There is a theory that all of the allies are based off of the 7 Deadly Sins. Who do you think is what sin?

also, look where the MC is imprisoned in the jailroom scene

MJVWAWu.png

Yup, it's the Velvet room :)

• Support Squad

The main protagonist is also known as the Phantom. He uses Knives and Handguns. He pulls off heists while wearing a mascerade ball mask.

The other guy's name is Ryuji, he wears a skull mask and uses Bludgens and Shotguns.

The girl's name is Anne. She is theorized to be a foreign exchange student. She fights using whips and sub machine guns. She also wears a cat mask.

Lastly is the cat, Morgana. Who is inspired by the 7 deadly sins. She fights using swords and slingshots.

Edit:

Who is this character?

8nS8qQh.png

Looks like a Kurubi.

also, There is a theory that all of the allies are based off of the 7 Deadly Sins. Who do you think is what sin?

also, look where the MC is imprisoned in the jailroom scene

MJVWAWu.png

Yup, it's the Velvet room :)

New info, noice.

So, with the seven sins, have they moved away from Arcana or no? Also, Ryuji is Wrath I bet and Anne is probs lust cuz WHY CAN'T A GUY BE AN EMBODIMENT OF LUST FOR ONCE? Unoriginality makes me sad. I guess the people unlock their personas when they overcome their sinful nature? I like, going back closer to the SMT parent style.

For Anne, their was a four-leaf clover on her hoodie iirc, mebbe Irish? That would be baller.

EDIT: as for the jail, somebody broke their cooooooontraaaaaaaaact~ somebody pissed off Iiiiiigooooooor

The trailer with English translations:

What is interesting is that the MC is labeled as a "Joker" Arcana. Is that same as Fool? Or is he Jester like Adachi?

Adachi was Jester?? What? I didn't that far into p4g when my vita got busted

But looking at Adachi's persona, yeah... Jester/Fool/Joker- they are synonyms. Adachi was given the power Yu was, but he chose to it differently and made no real links to other people (except for perhaps narukami, at the end).

Well, whilst it isn't really related to Arcana, in card games, as y'all probably know, Jokers often take the role of Wild cards so it would fit into the gameplay too

suddenly the connection between arcana cards and standard playing cards make even more sense.

The point I was trying to make is that in P4 Fool was Yu's Arcana and Jester was Adachi's arcana. Adachi had the jester arcana over the fool because he had fallen stray from good.

I never really looked at the trailer in depth until now but I must say what we see of the main party so far looks really well designed and cool. The setting being at least partly in shibuya also brings back some great memories of the world ends with you. As for not being the fool as long as the name of the arcana is similar to the joker/wildcard name I think it's synanimous. This game looks great and makes me happy I bought a ps4.

• 2 weeks later...

What I am looking more forward to than anything is how this party will interact with the previous ones. SEES and Investigation Team work pretty well together, but if these guys are thieves/vigilantes how could they react to a government organization like the Shadow Operatives? They might refuse to help them out and the fact that this party have persona powers and are probably using them questionably might force the operatives to intervene.

Also in this game you seem to be able to fight demons since the party faces Pyro Jack and Sandmen. I'm looking forward to that :D

Also, the game will feature "Acid Jazz"

I looked up the genre since I wasn't entirely familiar with the term, and was like OOOOOOOOOH I KNOW WHAT THAT IS! It is essentially Modernized Jazz with elements of Hip Hop and "Soul" music.

Here are a few songs I like that fit the genre...

• Support Squad

@Pyon, I personally don't want to see the old groups. They have their games, they had their stories, time for the new guys to shine. Admittedly I, like most others, want some resolution with the P3 protagonist, but I want just more new characters rather than the old.

@New info

The protagonists new Persona looks bos as fuck and I ove the link to the thief Lupin because it makes me think there could be more modern enemies now rather than the common atlus enemies that have featured time and again. I don't dislike them but, it's the same as with my point to Pyon, I want more new, not just a new story, new everything.

As for the guns, I feel like they'll be similar to evokers now, the same technology that was used to interact with the persons persona in P3. It would also explain why it is useful against the "Persona" demons

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some interesting details were released about the game. For starters, the characters use a Phone App to enter the other world. They are also on a mission to "Purge people's hearts that of which is tainted." Aka make big business people who are douchebags less douchey.

There is also some info regarding the new characters and personas. They all have theme revolving around thieves who steal from the rich and give to the poor.

Jnj5xmR.png

This is Arsene, whom is based on Lupin Arsene. Who is based on a character from a classic piece of French Literature. There is an anime based on the character as well as a NPC from Assassin's Creed 2. This Persona is obviously of the Fool's Arcana

1HOwMFR.jpg

This Persona is Captain Kidd. He is based off (obviously) a famous Pirate. You may have seen his/her face in tons of media, with the most recent one being Assassin's Creed 4. This Persona is obviously of the Magician's Arcana.

aVGZ6mu.jpg

This one was obvious (looks at the Z on the belt and how the creature sketched a Z with his sword in the trailer.) This is Zorro, a story of a legendary spaniard who would carve Z's as his calling card. It is also strange that they gave a this female character a Male persona. Then again... there was Naoto. I am predicting that this Persona's Arcana is Justice.

4tyBJnl.jpg

This persona is based on the Bizet Opera, Carmen. You may have heard this song once before...

Predicting that this Persona's Arcana is Lovers.

Mael made fun of me for knowing what the Carmen Opera was

dD4b3uL.jpg

This is the fifth protagonist's Persona, Goemon. You may have again heard of this character who in anime and video games. He is a Japanese thief who is often shown having over exaggeratingly bad ninja skills.

You may also remember this character.

f5zLV6o.jpg

If I had to guess what Arcana this is I would put money on Hierophant.

• 2 weeks later...

Did I call the thief thing or what?

Pulling the old Robin Hood routine to boot. Hmm *wonders when catwoman is gonna show up too*

Iirc, Zoro stole from the corrupt Spanish governors who exploited the natives and did his best to subvert their rule in Mexico before Mexico became independent.

I was gonna say that Goemon is the only one without a mask but it looks like he does have one and it's as white as the rest of his face. Also, Carmen's mask is a panther.

Goemon's outfit reminds me of Gilgamesh from the FF games.

• 7 months later...

Something tells me that his persona is Robin Hood. Everyone's persona is "not robin hood but kinda sorta is" so I get the feeling that his actually will be.