VGC 2014 Pachi Reference, Easter Egg or event?

Qaaz

Out of any pokemon competitive that they could have used in Pokemon. Any skill base of any kind they could muster. A fucking Pachirisu won VGC.

Whoever was facing him should be thankful he was graced by the power of Squirrel Jesus.

Just gonna post a calc here because it's pretty clear what went down:

[252 SpA Life Orb Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Pachirisu: 195-230 (60.1 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery]

A max HP/SpD Pachirisu can live special hits off of 60/70/90 base stats, its not super surprising.

Just gonna post a calc here because it's pretty clear what went down:

[252 SpA Life Orb Salamence Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 224+ SpD Pachirisu: 195-230 (60.1 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery]

A max HP/SpD Pachirisu can live special hits off of 60/70/90 base stats, its not super surprising.

in fact it can most likely live two draco meteors given the sharp drop in SpA.

I don't play VGC or doubles but given the reactions I assume that even in that metagame, Pachirisu is less than common.

facing a trainer with a chomp and a pachirisu in-game in reborn would be a nice easter egg... even better with a pachirisu and a gyarados in fact, better matchup.

Edited by crashteamalphing

in fact it can most likely live two draco meteors given the sharp drop in SpA.

I don't play VGC or doubles but given the reactions I assume that even in that metagame, Pachirisu is less than common.

facing a trainer with a chomp and a pachirisu in-game in reborn would be a nice easter egg... even better with a pachirisu and a gyarados in fact, better matchup.

Solaris Pachirisu confirmed :P Edited by Qaaz

I actually didn't bother checking the finals this year because the entire year was just boring, there was no diversity at all. Most of the players either relied on a Mega Kangaskhan or had at least three of Garchomp/Rotom-W/Gardevoir/Charizard-Y/Tyranitar/Aegislash in their team. These were literally everywhere, and there were very few people who actually made teams with some originality. Seeing this made me so happy just now, because not only did he use a mon as weak as pachirisu in terms of base stats, but he also used it correctly and went 2-0 on his opponent.

Hoping that VGC'15 has a lot more diversity than this year had (ban mega-kanga plz).

people used the metagame hm

i mean, hey, i don't particularly like it, but if something works, people are going to use it.

would we like to point out all of the weather teams in B/W and B/W2?

Sorry, but you just can't compare weather teams to broken stuff like mega-kanga :v, most weather teams had a relatively high amount of mons that could counter them, on the other hand, there were very few mons that could beat and/or take hits from mega-kanga, you'd have to either focus on it by double targeting, rely on sitrus/intimidating/burning to take hits or rely on cheap strategies that require predicting such as switching out a mon into something with rocky helmet (garchomp, ferrothorn and amonguss were the most popular ones) and taking a fake out from it, making kanga lose half of its hp right away.

Also, in VGC'12 and '13 (years in which politoed and ninetales got their weather abilities) weather teams did get pretty popular at one point, however, people slowly stopped using them and started using 'mons like scrafty, landorus-t, liepard and breloom (i.e. in '13, since most of these weren't allowed/didn't have dw abilities back in '12).

TL;DR:

Previous years aside from gen 4 are nothing compared to this year in terms of diversity, especially in 2013, which was the most diverse year of all of them imo. VGC'14 was just extremely disappointing to me, but as I said, I have great hopes for ORAS and VGC'15 (:

Just watch this

Gosh what is with Jodey and that american outfit?

And I agree with MMM, it's better to have diversity than to just cookie-cut the same mons over and over.

On a sidenote, gosh, wouldn't even want to compete even if I was the best trainer in the world, do not want that dumb Pigaychu trophy.

Inb4 they give that kid a special champion cosplaying pikachu for OR/AS