Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Shiny Gastly

Palpatine

Question

I saw the sprite for shiny gastly and gengar and was really amazed but since there's only 1 chance to find the gastly i already used it and now i don't have a shiny gengar. However i was wondering what do you guys think how would my chances be if i was to breed my gengar and wait for a shiny ? Would it still be as 'easy' as finding shinies in the wild ? Oh and also what pokemon would you suggest to breed with my male gengar
Thanks

8 answers to this question

The rate should be the same. And you need to breed it with a Ditto til you get a female Gastly. Then, you can just breed it with any male pokemon in its egg group (Amorphous I believe).

EDIT: If you want the a good Sludge Bomb and Thunderbolt for Gengar, which requires breeding, look at the spoiler.

Male Muk/Grimer with Sludge Bomb+ Female Stunfisk----> MaleStunfisk, level up 45 to get both Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb, + Female Gengar/ Gastly---> Result.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

I'm pretty sure the egg rate is the same as the wild rate, I've breed tons of archen and corsola and I've got the shiny for both after 30 something though I think I had some luck there. As for what to breed it with I think you need a female gastly first so breed it with ditto to get that. After that try weezing you can get sludge bomb as a tm pass on which helps gengar's 2nd STAB.

Question. I do this when getting a good nature/ivs with my starter. If you do a save before hatching and reset post hatching wouldn't that reset what you get? Or do the number gods decide when the egg is laid?

Question. I do this when getting a good nature/ivs with my starter. If you do a save before hatching and reset post hatching wouldn't that reset what you get? Or do the number gods decide when the egg is laid?

I believe the ivs and nature are determined as soon the egg is laid.