Reborn: Hard Mode

Ultra

Chomper was pretty easy once I knew he was coming. Intimidate spam makes that battle way easier than it should be. I got destroyed my first playthrough but after preparing for it it was disappointingly easy (it was obviously difficult the first time when I didn't know it was coming :\)

Haven't tried Arceus a 2nd time though, that one is probably gonna be tougher. I think I'll have to blow a max revive or two on geodudes to get enough sturdy bulldozes off, but after that it should just be a matter of paralyzing and then pressing flash and leech seed.

As far as making the game harder, forcing "set" to be on during gym battles is probably a good start. Giving players a free switch every kill is soooooooo strong. Or allow the leaders to switch every time they get a KO. It's a massive advantage that the player has over the AI.

Edited by Nails

Chomper was pretty easy once I knew he was coming. Intimidate spam makes that battle way easier than it should be. I got destroyed my first playthrough but after preparing for it it was disappointingly easy (it was obviously difficult the first time when I didn't know it was coming :\)

Haven't tried Arceus a 2nd time though, that one is probably gonna be tougher. I think I'll have to blow a max revive or two on geodudes to get enough sturdy bulldozes off, but after that it should just be a matter of paralyzing and then pressing flash and leech seed.

As far as making the game harder, forcing "set" to be on during gym battles is probably a good start. Giving players a free switch every kill is soooooooo strong. Or allow the leaders to switch every time they get a KO. It's a massive advantage that the player has over the AI.

I would like to see the furious reactions from people who can't handle a battle without "muh free switches".

Doesn'tKnowHowtoPlay's FireRed hack disables the "shift" battle style.

my thought on making the game semi difficult later in the game would be the poison lake. I say allow you to surf on it but immediately poison all pokemon on your team, I would also have the battle stage hurt all non poison pokemon, maybe make poison immune to both.

Maybe for a side quest for a (awesome pokemon name) you will have to take a new trainer to certain places around reborn. during the end having said player give up their dreams and will give you the only pokemon on their team the (same awesome pokemon), It will force a team battle with a extremely weak teammate you will you will have to take care of instead the other way around

Edited by derekwst3