[Suggestion] No or optimized Quick Save

Halife

I know the title sounds strange. Why would anybody be against the quick save ?

Here is the reason. Even though the quick save is really convinient it can break the game. Being able to save on places where you are not supposed to is dangerous.

Many people are saving in cutscenes or in autoscripts. It is possible to restore save files that are stuck. But it is not possible to restore save files that are caught in an script which has a never ending loop. For example the last preview scene for episode 13.

Even if I edit the script and edit the map of 'Delete Later' it is not possible to stop the script.

@>Play BGM:'Reborn Theme' 100,100
@>Text:....
@>Fade Out BGM: 4sec.
@>Show Animation:[EV003],[shade2]
@>Wait:110 frame(s)
@>Text: ...
@>Loop
@>Wait:999 frames(s)
@>
: Repeat Above
@>

Even if you add a new event to this map with a teleport... the script has to stop first. But it won't.

Which means that the save file is most likely gone...

I tried to edit raw save files with a hex editor... but this procedure is just to time consuming.

So the quick save command should not be executeable while other events are running. Since i didn't watched to much in to the code i don't know if this is an option but if it is it would be great to implement this.

Edited by Halife

You seee, I really tried to break the game in places using quick save, but I never found a problem with it. I can see why you would want to have it off in cut-scenes, and I agree with you there.

Edited by Magus

• Support Squad

You sell, I really tried to break the game in places using quick save, but I never found a problem with it. I can see why you would want to have it off in cut-scenes, and I agree with you there.

B-But how would i raise my Noibat without spamming the double battle in lauras house?

Ses doe, i have tried breaking the game with Q save and as far as i can tell it's caused by saving in the dumbest spots tbh.

• Administrators

I know the title sounds strange. Why would anybody be against the quick save ?

Here is the reason. Even though the quick save is really convinient it can break the game. Being able to save on places where you are not supposed to is dangerous.

Many people are saving in cutscenes or in autoscripts. It is possible to restore save files that are stuck. But it is not possible to restore save files that are caught in an script which has a never ending loop. For example the last preview scene for episode 13.

Even if I edit the script and edit the map of 'Delete Later' it is not possible to stop the script.

@>Play BGM:'Reborn Theme' 100,100

@>Text:....

@>Fade Out BGM: 4sec.

@>Show Animation:[EV003],[shade2]

@>Wait:110 frame(s)

@>Text: ...

@>Loop

@>Wait:999 frames(s)

@>

: Repeat Above

@>

Even if you add a new event to this map with a teleport... the script has to stop first. But it won't.

Which means that the save file is most likely gone...

I tried to edit raw save files with a hex editor... but this procedure is just to time consuming.

So the quick save command should not be executeable while other events are running. Since i didn't watched to much in to the code i don't know if this is an option but if it is it would be great to implement this.

In reference to the end-of-teaser thing as I mentioned in a different topic now I should have it set for E13 that having saved there will not be a problem on load

I know people have problems with quick save but I'm almost certain Ame has mentioned that she might possibly be adding a quick yes or no option for the quicksave button.

Correct

In reference to the end-of-teaser thing as I mentioned in a different topic now I should have it set for E13 that having saved there will not be a problem on load

Correct

Oh, that sounds great :) Sry even tho i searched in different topics i didn't see that :(

• Administrators

Oh that wasn't your fault, when I said "mentioned in a different topic now" I literally meant I mentioned it in that different topic like right at the same time I posted here, so no worries.