Some feedback Post Noel- Pre Van Halen Castle.

Scenekidlove

Hello everyone!

I'd like some feedback for the next part after Noel.

Natures/IV's/EV Training and all that is allright.
My doubts for the next gym are adding Mamoswine OR Krookodile.

My current team is as followed.

Infernape @ Expert Belt / Itemless/ FlamePlate

-Flareblitz

-Closecombat

-Mach Punch

-Acrobatics

Azumarill @ Mystic Water

-Aqua Tail

-Play Rough

-Strength

-SuperPower

Ghourgheist @ Rose Insence

-Seed Bomb

-ShadowBall

-ShadowSneak

-Painsplit

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge

-Sludgewave

-Suckerpunch

-Nasty Plot

-Mud Bomb

Gothitelle @ Mindplate

-Chargebeam

-ShadowBall

-Psychic

-PsychoShock

Magneton @ WideLens

(Hate that I can't evolve him yet..)

-Discharge

-Flash Cannon

-Metal Sound

-Mirror Shot.

I Know that I cannot take Toxicroak with me to the next Gym.

He would Hamper me too much.
I shall train him on the Tauroses, though that's for another time.

I'm currently deciding on the following

Mamoswine @ Ice/Ground Plate.

-Ice Shard

-Earthquake

-Ice Fang/ Icicle Crash (If I can breed it properly)

-Filler/ Trash

OR

Krookodile @ GroundPlate

-Earthquake

-Crunch

-Firefang/Thunderfang

-Filler / Outrage

I'm thinking that I can take most of the Psychic attacks with Magneton/ Gothitelle while also hurting the Psychic Gymleader with Ghourgheist.

The problem is that Toxicroak is at a glaring disadvantage at this gym so I'd like him replaced.

I figure Escavalier might work though I'm not sure how to evolve him.

If you have other suggestions about the team as a whole or a (temporary) replacement for Toxicroak.

Let me know.

FYI, I have still yet to beat Noel though I can clear him with my current team granted that his Clefable and Staraptor will die peacefully.

-Thanks in Advance

SKL

Edited by Scenekidlove

You can evolve Magneton after beating Fern on route 1 and doing the Yureyu Key puzzle. Between Momoswine and Krookodile I would definitely choose Krookodile. Both are weak to Focus Blast but atleast Krookodile is immune to Psychic and gets stab on Crunch. Also to get Escavalier you have to trade a Shelmet with someone in Spinel Town or you use a Link stone on Karrablast.

Remember the field effect in the gym gives psychic rock type damage.

This I did not know.

It wasn't like that in Episode 10.

So...Krookorodile is my best bet?

-With what moveset?

Just did some digging for DarkTypes in Reborn.

Saw that Malamar was also a possibility.

Would a Contrary Malamar be suited?

Edited by Scenekidlove

This I did not know.

It wasn't like that in Episode 10.

So...Krookorodile is my best bet?

-With what moveset?

Just did some digging for DarkTypes in Reborn.

Saw that Malamar was also a possibility.

Would a Contrary Malamar be suited?

Malamar isn't that great. Don't think TOO short term, while having an ace for a gym leader is nice, you want something that'll be useful in the long run, too.

I would pick Krookodile because Dark/Ground synchronizes nicely with the rest of your team (Takes care of your big ghost/psychic weaknesses, ground coverage is nice).

Mamoswine is alright but don't think you can breed icicle crash on to him yet.

Just to add a couple things:

Infernape is fast enough, so Mach Punch isn't necessary. Instead, give it Punishment. A move with 60 base power which gains another 20 for each of the foes buffs, capping at 200.

Metagross has 135 base attack, more than Krookodile, so Foul Play would be a great move for it, at least to one-hit-kill Metagross.

Drapion is also a great option. It only has one weakness as opposed to Mamoswine's 5 and Krookodile's 6. It can be bred for Swords Dance with Ninjask. Cross Poison would be great for Fairies, Crunch or Knock Off are great super effective STABs against Radomus, Toxic Spikes makes for great support and Bug Bite can hit at least half of both Radomus' and Luna's teams.

Just to add a couple things:

Infernape is fast enough, so Mach Punch isn't necessary. Instead, give it Punishment. A move with 60 base power which gains another 20 for each of the foes buffs, capping at 200.

Metagross has 135 base attack, more than Krookodile, so Foul Play would be a great move for it, at least to one-hit-kill Metagross.

Drapion is also a great option. It only has one weakness as opposed to Mamoswine's 5 and Krookodile's 6. It can be bred for Swords Dance with Ninjask. Cross Poison would be great for Fairies, Crunch or Knock Off are great super effective STABs against Radomus, Toxic Spikes makes for great support and Bug Bite can hit at least half of both Radomus' and Luna's teams.

MachPunch+ExpertBelt+ Iron Fist has its uses.

Punishment seems nice but there is hardly a time where my enemy has a chance to buff.

Drapion might be a nice fit now that I think of it.

I'd actually get that over Krookodile.

MachPunch+ExpertBelt+ Iron Fist has its uses.

Punishment seems nice but there is hardly a time where my enemy has a chance to buff.

Drapion might be a nice fit now that I think of it.

I'd actually get that over Krookodile.

Just saying, hardly anything non-legendary outspeeds Infernape AND gets one-shot by Mach Punch, so CC is good enough for fighting STAB. Also where did you find an Expert Belt in Reborn?

Even without buffs, Punishment has 60 base power. It's also a Dark attack, so at least using it against Radomus would help. Also, it might've just been luck, but when I fought Radomus, the AI didn't attack Drapion even once, maybe because of it's Dark typing, dunno. That might be an exploit you could use.

Just saying, hardly anything non-legendary outspeeds Infernape AND gets one-shot by Mach Punch, so CC is good enough for fighting STAB. Also where did you find an Expert Belt in Reborn?

Even without buffs, Punishment has 60 base power. It's also a Dark attack, so at least using it against Radomus would help. Also, it might've just been luck, but when I fought Radomus, the AI didn't attack Drapion even once, maybe because of it's Dark typing, dunno. That might be an exploit you could use.

I can't exactly say where I found it.

I know I had it before Serra because I equiped it to be durable instead of Flame Plate-Blitzing my Infernape to death.

Also used it for Noel. Those CC's really became trucks.

If I had to say it would be around Yureyu/Kiki.. I might even have had it @ Aya..now that I think about it.

I disagree that Mach Punch is useless. Priority moves are always useful, it's saved me quite a few times from getting set-up swept.

Punishment, on the other hand, won't even do more damage than Stab Flare Blitz in most circumstances, even if it's super effective the opponent needs at least 2 boosts for punishment to be the better alternative.

Also, there are very few Psychic and Ghost pokemon who have fire resist, you could count them on your fingers.

Edited by Ultra