[Resolved/Noted] Gen 6 Breeding Mechanics?

EverGreen

So earlier I was playing reborn and I decided an Azumarill with aqua jet and belly drum (both egg moves) would be perfect for my rain dance team. My plan was first to do

female marill + male golduck@aquajet = female marill@aquajet, then do

female marill@aquajet + male poliwag@bellydrum, which should've given me a marill with aquajet and bellydrum.

Instead, only the male poliwag was able to pass on the its egg move. After doing some googling on the rpg maker and pokemon essentials, I learned that pokemon essentials hasn't been updated for gen six (and ame+devs must have added all the new pokes and fairy types themselves. BTW, you guys totally rock for that! :) ). Buuuut, the old gen V breeding mechanics weren't updated along with it, which meant no super OP Azumarill breeding for me :(.

Luckily for me (and unluckily for the rest of the trainers in my reborn save) I downloaded Gemini and fiddled around with it until I found the scrips.rxdata and the pokemonDayCare scripts within that. To make female pokes able to pass on moves, you only have to add a few lines into it.

Specifically I added this

pbRgssOpen("Data/eggEmerald.dat","rb"){|f|
f.pos=(babyspecies-1)*8
offset=f.fgetdw
length=f.fgetdw
if length>0
f.pos=offset
i=0; loop do break unless i<length
atk=f.fgetw
moves.push(atk) if mother.knowsMove?(atk)
i+=1
end
end
right underneath where this is.

# Inheriting Egg Moves

f.pos=(babyspecies-1)*8
offset=f.fgetdw
length=f.fgetdw
if length>0
f.pos=offset
atk=f.fgetw
moves.push(atk) if father.knowsMove?(atk)
i+=1
end
end
Literally all I did was change "father.knowsMove?(atk)" to "mother.knowsMove?(atk)" and add it below the father.knowsMove part. Tested it, and it works with zero errors (the first couple of times I fiddled with it, it gave me a could not read script error on launch). Tested it, and the result is wonderfully op :D : post-49415-0-90028200-1406368115_thumb.png
Sorry about the long post just to say all that, but what I'm getting at, is if that part of the it was so simple, then fully updating the breeding mechanics to gen VI to match the rest of the game shouldn't be too hard ..... Right?
Edited by EverGreen

• Administrators

Blind told me this evening he's working on this for E13 so I'll make sure he sees this, which he probably will anyway

I also wager he'll sigh at the title thinking its another request for it rather than some help with it. Pleasant surprise, non?

What's is Gemini? Aside from my parrot's name

Cool, I was hoping it could be useful for reborn's developers :) . And from the place I downloaded it from:

Gemini, named after the Zodiac Twins (RMXP/RMVX), is a feature-rich script editor designed purposefully for the RPG Maker community. It can directly read and write archived Scripts.rxdata and Scripts.rvdata files, which allows you to use the power of an external IDE without the trouble of importing/exporting scripts to and from the built-in editor.

It's just a script editor for rpg maker. I'm actually kinda surprised you don't already use it yourself, I figured that's probably the program you used to do certain things in reborn (like the raised shiny chance and starting money amount).

Edited by EverGreen

• 2 weeks later...

So earlier I was playing reborn and I decided an Azumarill with aqua jet and belly drum (both egg moves) would be perfect for my rain dance team. My plan was first to do

female marill + male golduck@aquajet = female marill@aquajet, then do

female marill@aquajet + male poliwag@bellydrum, which should've given me a marill with aquajet and bellydrum.

Instead, only the male poliwag was able to pass on the its egg move. After doing some googling on the rpg maker and pokemon essentials, I learned that pokemon essentials hasn't been updated for gen six (and ame+devs must have added all the new pokes and fairy types themselves. BTW, you guys totally rock for that! :) ). Buuuut, the old gen V breeding mechanics weren't updated along with it, which meant no super OP Azumarill breeding for me :(.

Luckily for me (and unluckily for the rest of the trainers in my reborn save) I downloaded Gemini and fiddled around with it until I found the scrips.rxdata and the pokemonDayCare scripts within that. To make female pokes able to pass on moves, you only have to add a few lines into it.

Specifically I added this

f.pos=(babyspecies-1)*8
offset=f.fgetdw
length=f.fgetdw
if length>0
f.pos=offset
atk=f.fgetw
moves.push(atk) if mother.knowsMove?(atk)
i+=1
end
end
right underneath where this is.

# Inheriting Egg Moves

f.pos=(babyspecies-1)*8
offset=f.fgetdw
length=f.fgetdw
if length>0
f.pos=offset
atk=f.fgetw
moves.push(atk) if father.knowsMove?(atk)
i+=1
end
end
Literally all I did was change "father.knowsMove?(atk)" to "mother.knowsMove?(atk)" and add it below the father.knowsMove part. Tested it, and it works with zero errors (the first couple of times I fiddled with it, it gave me a could not read script error on launch). Tested it, and the result is wonderfully op :D : attachicon.gifCapture.PNG
Sorry about the long post just to say all that, but what I'm getting at, is if that part of the it was so simple, then fully updating the breeding mechanics to gen VI to match the rest of the game shouldn't be too hard ..... Right?

can you post your new day care script? i am getting a error everytime i try to open the game now.. i don't even have a back up