Preparing for the next episode

CaveofZubats

Need help on deciding on what to train or bring w/ me for ep 13 as i perfer to use a whole team without changing until beating the gym leader.

This is my team so far(moves are in the signature).

Serperior lvl 70

Contrary

Luxray lvl 67

Guts

Gardevoir lvl 66

Trace

Pyroar lvl 67

Rivalry

Scafty lvl 66

Moxie

Barbaracle lvl 65

Tough claws

Jynx lvl 62

Dry skin

Kilinkklang lvl 61

Clear body

Any sugggestions?

I'd drop the Pyroar. You need defense on your team, so I'd suggest Metagross, Escavalier, or Umbreon.

The first two are versatile and, with a Fairy leader inevitable, will help. Umbreon, on the other hand, with proper moves bred onto it and Foul Play, could be a long-standing member of your team.

If you want offense, you need it on the special side. In that case, Pyroar will remain as a great Special Attacking Fire-type, or you could run with Houndoom. And yes, Eevee is obtainable. Though, you'll have to head to Chrysolia Forest in search of the Rail Cave.

Edit: Yanmega is a great option for a special sweeper. I'd suggest that.

Scrap Pyroar. I have no idea how you've kept it alive so far, but there are far better fire types, like Arcanine with Flare Blitz/Flamethrower, Crunch/Thunder Fang, Outrage, Extreme Speed/Agility. There's also Houndoom with Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse and something, or a mixed set with Dark Pulse/Crunch, Flamethrower, Thunder Fang, whatever. The types Fire is super-effective against have plenty of weaknesses anyways, so I don't even have Fire types on my main file and I'm doing just fine. So anything can replace it, really.

Jynx can breed with Drowzee/Croagunk for Nasty Plot, and If you prefer accuracy over power, swap Blizzard for Frost Breath, just 20 less base damage for perfect accuracy.

Serperior could use Wring Out, especially after one or 2 buffs from Leaf Storm. Against a full-health target, it's got 120 base power. Good for anything that resists Grass attacks.

Scrafty can breed with Spoink, Tauros and quite a few others for Zen Headbutt, or with a buneary that bred with Hitmonchan for the 3 elemental punches.

After a Shell Smash, Barbaracle has great attack stats anyways, but it can't take a hit, so the accuracy of Rock Slide should be far more useful than the Power of Rock Slide. Also, with Brick Break instead of Night Slash, you get 5 more power, more SE coverage and all Pokemon take at least neutral damage.

Klinklang sucks.If you need Steel, get Metagross with Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbut and Agility/Bullet Punch. To catch it, bring Level balls and a Ghost type. Believe me, you'll need them.

I think that Ampharos>Luxray, especialy with Agility, which is almost a must. The other 3 moves are any choice from Power Gem, Discharge, Signal Beam, Cotton Guard, Signal Beam, Dragon Pulse.

Scrap Pyroar. I have no idea how you've kept it alive so far, but there are far better fire types, like Arcanine with Flare Blitz/Flamethrower, Crunch/Thunder Fang, Outrage, Extreme Speed/Agility. There's also Houndoom with Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse and something, or a mixed set with Dark Pulse/Crunch, Flamethrower, Thunder Fang, whatever. The types Fire is super-effective against have plenty of weaknesses anyways, so I don't even have Fire types on my main file and I'm doing just fine. So anything can replace it, really.

Jynx can breed with Drowzee/Croagunk for Nasty Plot, and If you prefer accuracy over power, swap Blizzard for Frost Breath, just 20 less base damage for perfect accuracy.

Serperior could use Wring Out, especially after one or 2 buffs from Leaf Storm. Against a full-health target, it's got 120 base power. Good for anything that resists Grass attacks.

Scrafty can breed with Spoink, Tauros and quite a few others for Zen Headbutt, or with a buneary that bred with Hitmonchan for the 3 elemental punches.

After a Shell Smash, Barbaracle has great attack stats anyways, but it can't take a hit, so the accuracy of Rock Slide should be far more useful than the Power of Rock Slide. Also, with Brick Break instead of Night Slash, you get 5 more power, more SE coverage and all Pokemon take at least neutral damage.

Klinklang sucks.If you need Steel, get Metagross with Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbut and Agility/Bullet Punch. To catch it, bring Level balls and a Ghost type. Believe me, you'll need them.

I think that Ampharos>Luxray, especialy with Agility, which is almost a must. The other 3 moves are any choice from Power Gem, Discharge, Signal Beam, Cotton Guard, Signal Beam, Dragon Pulse.

1. Even though in the beginning it help so much against the gym leaders, after corey its roles have lost some significance so i might consider the houndoom or arcanine.

2.Would breed for nasty plot but since its already a high level , ill just keep it like it is. The frost breath tip is good though(didnt know the power went to 60).

3. WRING OUT IS A SPECIAL MOVE? Didnt knew.

4.Same for 2.

5.Forgot i got brick break as tm so i might replace night slash.

6. Even though metagross is awesome(hype for that mega evolution) and klinkklag still hasnt got good moves to use yet, ill keep klinkklang for a little for challenge.

7. Ampharos is good, its just i use it too many times while playing past games.

so the accuracy of Rock Slide should be far more useful than the Power of Rock Slide.

Nailed it!

Anywho, the speed boost, attack boost, (both from Shell Smash) and 30% flinch chance is more viable than the 20% chance to miss from Stone Edge.

Ah, my bad, it learns it through breeding. I just finished Zeta, in which the TM was availible and I instantly taught it to my Binacle. Unless you want to get Archeops, level it to 51 and breed it with Binacle/Barbaracle, no Rock Slide. Again, sorry.

Edited by Etesian

• 4 weeks later...