Ruin Nation

Rooreeloo

Hey there, and welcome to the Ruin Nation!

The Ruin Nation is represented by Grass, Ghost, and Ground types. No other types may be represented in the Nation.

The leader of the Nation is Rosesong!

The list of Nation Members;

Fezzdog

Elmo12

2tousent

Abbey Street

Momo

EXLink32

Vertex74

Caesar Clown

Nagato

Nirvash

Epic C.

Rosesong

Huggy

Below is a history of the Ruin Nation's performances!

(3-7)

Week 1 - Loss vs Haven (2 - 3)

Week 2 - Win vs Volcanic (3 - 2)

Week 3 - Win vs Apophyll (4 - 1)

Week 4 - Loss vs Mythic (1 - 4)

Week 5 - Win vs Aurora (4 - 1)

Week 6 - Loss vs Mythic (1 - 3)

Week 7 - Loss vs Haven (2 - 3)

Week 8 - Loss vs Apophyll (1 - 2)

Week 9 - Loss vs Aurora (0 - 3)

Week 10 - Loss vs Volcanic (0 - 3)

Edited by Rooreeloo

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Ghost huh? I like it

EDIT:

1) don't know who to vote so you can add my vote to the majority

2) question: can we use Legendaries for our teams?

Edited by Gaunt

Greetings nation members! I can work with this typing.

And for all you people complaining about our typing....Learn to make due with what you get. There had to be at least one Nation that got the types that aren't the absolute best...We just happen to be that Nation. But, if we want to consider us true masters of battling, we must make due with what we have. There are several things we can pull off with the typings we have, we just have to find them and figure them out...Just like every other Nation will have to do to at least some extent.

Remember....Type disadvantage doesn't mean all THAT much, as any competitive battler should know....It's always possible to win even with a disadvantage.

Put it this way....We are like Nuzlockers that didn't get very good catches, leaving us with a disadvantage against a gym or some other important battle....That doesn't stop most Nuzlockers, does it? It sure doesn't stop me either way. And the thing is...we have less to lose compared to a Nuzlocker. The only thing we're truly fighting for is bragging rights, and possibly a prize of Reborn Ruppees(I don't really know...just assuming).

And also, if you people discourage yourselves now, and things don't change....How can you hope to win if you're already not confident you'll win? What's important is that we try our best. Ranting over.

I'm holding off from voting....For now at least

P.S. guys Fezz is most likely leaving, just so you guys voting for him know that. (I said most likely for a reason.

Also I decided to stop complaining already, I will fight by you guys with my Comrades, we are Forest, an indomitable spirit. Even if you end our bodies, they will return to the Earth and grow our Home. You cannot kill the Spirit of the Forest, because it itself is a living creature. Even if we are defeated, we will be back, because we strike even from the grave.

SO COME FOREST BROTHERS!!! TO VICTORY!!!!!! FOR GLORY!!!!!!!

Just popping in to say that the Forest Nation was actually where I would have preferred to end up. Sure, your types may not be the best, but they're where many of my favorites lie, and that matters more to me. You've got Nidoking, Muk, Gengar, and Nidoqueen. Poison's where it's at.

Space and Sky and Volcanic and (ice type)(Ancient) can kill us with ease.we have limited choices in pokemon species . Ofc , we could try to fight against these nations , but only worth mega is bannette and gengar thats all. and gourgesit maybe useful a bit.

Breloom can pretty much single handily defeat ancient at least in an OU match. (as most Ice and Rock types are pretty slow, there are some exceptions though obviously.). We also have access to the Nidos and while they may not be perfect they have the coverage we need. We aren't as barren of choice as some people think, they are many things we have the are just weird or just outclassed, but are still good.

Of course every nation has counters against the things we have....But you forget EVERY nation has those few nations that will give them the hardest time. And every type in general has SOME type of cover for their weaknesses, whether it be coverage, a Pokemon that is at least neutral to a weakness, or something else.

With good teambuilding, strategy, and possibly a little luck, we can cover any weakness our types have, and reign victorious over any of our opponents. Because remember...Types aren't everything on the field of battle, nor is the species of Pokemon you're using. What matters most is the skills and strategies of the players.

NOW, FOR THE GLORY OF THE FOREST NATION, WE MUST PLACE OUR FOES INTO THEIR FINAL RESTING PLACE WITHIN OUR TREES, AND THEN HAVE THEM BECOME GHOSTS TO SERVE OUR CAUSE! WE ARE THE GREAT WARRIORS OF THE FOREST! MAY OUR BATTLE CRY BE HEARD IN ALL OF THE SKY, GROUND, SEA, AND EVEN THE BORDERS OF SPACE ITSELF! LET THEM HEAR OUR CRY OF THE FOREST AND COWER IN FEAR!

Quick references for teambuilding that should be useful, for your teams. I listed pokemon that we have access to that get some useful moves and stats. I didn't list pre evolutions (which doesnt mean you shouldn't use them!)

Pokemon with rapid spin-Donphan, excadrill, sanslash, claydol

Pokemon with defog-, Drifblim, shiftry, tropius

Pokemon with aromatherapy/heal bell- Vileplum, Meganium, Parasect, Roserade, Sawsbuck, jumpluff, cherim lilligant, leavanny

Pokemon with baton pass-gliscor, leavany, Sawsbuck

Pokemon with Encore- quagsire, victreebell, jumpluff, sunflora, whimsicott

Pokemon with perish song-Gengar, misdreavus, marowak

Pokemon with Sticky web-Leavany,

Pokemon with tailwind- whimsicott, drifblim

Pokemon with Trick room- gengar, mismagus, dusknoir, bannette, whimsicott, cofagrigious, Chandalure, trevanent, gourgiest, claydol,

Pokemon with toxic spikes- nidoking/queen, roselia,

Pokemon with spikes-cacturne, roserade, frosslass maractus, ferrothorn, chesnaught. diggersby

Good dual screeners- Meganium. rotom grass, serperior, leavany, claydol

Our fastest pokemon- , Mega gengar(130), Dugtrio(121) Sceptile (120), Whimsicott(116) Serperior(113),

Edited by Elmo the Pokemaster

Phwoo, okay then first post \o/

Hi and nice working with you all. There's a Forest backchannel on the PO server if you want to join and have a chat.

So new typing will (likely) be Grass/Ghost/Ground. I don't know how everybody feels about that.

So what do we get now? We still have access to:

Grass:

Mono-types: Tangela, Tangrowth, Meganium, Sunflora, Sceptile (maybe Mega), Leafeon, Shaymin, Serperior, Simisage, Lilligant, Maractus & Gogoat

Dual-types: MegaVenusaur, Vileplume, Victreebel, Exeggutor, Breloom, Cacturne, Jumpluff, Shiftry, Roserade, Abomasnow, Whimsicott, Amoonguss, Ferrothorn, Virizion, Chesnaught, Celebi, Ludicolo, Cradily, Rotom-C, Leavanny, Wormadam & Sawsbuck

Exclusive access to: Torterra, Trevenant, Gourgeist

Ghost:

Mono-types: Misdreavus, MegaBanette, Dusclops, Mismagius, Dusknoir, Cofagrigus

Dual-types: Gengar, Drifblim, Spiritomb, Chandelure, Shedinja, Sableye (maybe Mega), Froslass, Rotom, Jellicent & Aegislash

Exclusive access to: Trevenant, Gourgeist, Golurk

And we gained...

Ground:

Mono-types: Sandslash, Dugtrio, Marowak, Donphan, Trapinch, Hippowdon

Dual-types: Rhydon, Gligar, Flygon, Claydol, Rhyperior, Gliscor, Excadrill, Krookodile, Stunfisk, Landorus, Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Golem, Onix, Quagsire, Steelix, Swampert (maybe Mega), Camerupt, Whiscash, Wormadam, Gastrodon, MegaGarchomp, Mamoswine, Seismitoad, Diggersby, Zygarde

Exclusive access to: Golurk, Torterra

Immediate strategies that jump out at me that we have exclusively are Trick Room Marowak, Cofagrigus (one of our member's favourites), Mismagius (that's probably just me though, love her), Dugtrio, Donphan and access to both of the big OU Sand Sweepers.

Also I'm voting for Equilim because he's active and passionate enough to lead us even when we had a sub-par typing compared to the others.