Preparing For Episode 13 (Need Opinions)

Proxity

I just beat the sh*t out of Samson and just finished episode 12, and now i'm preparing for episode 13. I want some opinions on my current team. Tell me what do I need to adjust my team or what pokemon should i replaced? Any help, hate, or opinions will be gladly appreciated! :)

Shinobi (Greninja) - Protean - Mild

Item: Mystic Water (if Expert Belt is in this game, PLZ tell me where it is)

Moves:

Extrasensory

Hydro Pump

Rock Smash

Dark Pulse

Sinister (Gothitelle) - Shadow Tag - Rash

Item: Quick Claw

Moves:

Psyshock

Psychic

Shadow Ball

Flatter

Scraft'em Up (Scrafty) - Moxie - Adamant

Item: Fist Plate

Moves:

Hi Jump Kick

Ice Punch

Crunch

Strength

Braveheart (Pyroar) - Moxie - Lax

Item: Charcoal

Moves:

Flamethrower

Endeavor

Dark Pulse

Hyper Voice

Shinigami (Drapion) - Sniper - Sassy

Item: Scope Lens

Moves:

Ice Fang

Knock Off

Poison Cross

Hone Claws

Heartfilia (Clefable) - Magic Guard - Calm

Item: Shell Bell

Moves:

Moonblast

Charge Beam

Cosmic Power

Stored Power

And again, any help, hate, or opinions will be gladly appreciated!

Edited by Proxity

Greninja

Replace Night Slash with Dark Pulse (I've never been into mixed attackers personally)

Also see if there's something you can replace Rock Smash with.

Clefable

Unfortunately you evolved it before giving it Moonlight, if you want I can change it for you if you'd prefer it over Charge Beam.

Yeah, i been thinking about replacing Night Slash with Dark Pluse, And if i can find leftovers for clefable then i'm okay without moonlight. Thanks though!

Edited by Proxity

Leftovers are only obtainable for the foreseeable future if you have a pokemon level 91-100 with the ability pickup. Pick up has a 10% chance to grab an item after each battle. 1% of that time, the item will be Leftovers. So 1 out of every 1000 battles with a pokemon with pickup at Lv 91+ you'll get them. More or less unobtainable at this point.

Your movesets are pretty solid, but you could hit up the guy on 7th street who can change natures. Scrafty, Greninja, pyroar, and Drapion could all use natures that match their attack type (ex adamant for Scrafty and Drapion, Modest for Greninja)

Your movesets are pretty solid, but you could hit up the guy on 7th street who can change natures. Scrafty, Greninja, pyroar, and Drapion could all use natures that match their attack type (ex adamant for Scrafty and Drapion, Modest for Greninja)

Thanks man! I forgot about the man from 7th street! Well, time to grind some heartscales!

Edited by Proxity

Scrafty can breed for Zen Headbutt with Spoink or for the 3 elemental Punches with a Buneary that bred with a Hitmonchan. HJK has solid accuracy, no need for Brick Break as well.

Drapion can breed with a Ninjask for Swords Dance. instead of a Fang, you should get/use Bug Bite.

I think Pyroar won't be of much use anymore, I've dropped mine after Shelly, because of it's paper-thin defenses.

Some attack types you're missing are Rock, Steel, Bug, Flying, Ground and Dragon. Archeops and Durant provide those types as well as amazing stats, so if you're looking for new team members, consider those two.

Drop everything, train a full team of Leavanny. ROFL at your opponents confusion and wear straightjacket.

Actually on topic though a leavanny is a solid choice for any team. Grass/Bug typing gives it some solid coverage and its got two very nice STABs in the form of X-Scissor and Leaf Blade. Heres what i would suggest for a setup.

leavanny.png

Leavanny

Overcoat Ability

Adamant Nature

- X-Scissor

- Leaf Blade

- Hone Claws (if the TM is in game) or Swords Dance

- Baton Pass

This set-up gives Leavanny excellent coverage and utility. Hone Claws gives a +1 to Attack and Accuracy, allowing it to boost through annoying double teams, sand attacks, or any accuarcy lowering/evasion raising move. Swords Dance allows it to get a solid +2 to Attack, making its two STABs to hit that much harder.

Leavanny about to faint? no worries, Baton Pass the boosts to another pokemon that can take advantage of them. Shes squishy though, Fire-type damage hits for a whopping 4x damage, same for Flying-type attacks. Her grass typing gives her a weakness to her secondary typing. Rock hits for 2x and so does poison.

HP 75

260/354

Attack 103

189/335

Defense 80

148/284

Sp. Atk 70

130/262

Sp. Def 80

148/284

Speed 92

170/311

Theres her total stat spread, with min/max for those interested. Shes got decent speed, allowing her to outpace some major threats to her, allowing for either a swords dance/baton pass combo or a couple of hits in. Shes got a lot of options available to her, with the one i listed being a really good one if she can sponge the hits to get a setup.

Edited by Ukyn1993

You have 3 Dark types (well 2 cuz Greninja is Protean) so maybe you can consider switching one of them for the magnificent Earthquake Flygon

Flygon would be pretty nice to have in my team, but getting him would be hard. IDK i may consider flygon on my team! Thanks though! :)

EDIT:

Scrafty can breed for Zen Headbutt with Spoink or for the 3 elemental Punches with a Buneary that bred with a Hitmonchan. HJK has solid accuracy, no need for Brick Break as well.

Drapion can breed with a Ninjask for Swords Dance. instead of a Fang, you should get/use Bug Bite.

I think Pyroar won't be of much use anymore, I've dropped mine after Shelly, because of it's paper-thin defenses.

Some attack types you're missing are Rock, Steel, Bug, Flying, Ground and Dragon. Archeops and Durant provide those types as well as amazing stats, so if you're looking for new team members, consider those two.

Ice punch would be pretty nice coverage for Scrafty. IDK about swords dance but i need to think about it. and Pyroar is kind useless in my team (Since its lvl 58). I may replace Pyroar with something. Durant is pretty nice and hard hitting but fire type will kill it easily, and Archeops has Defeatist. Durant is pretty good but i've used archeops before. But thanks!

Drop everything, train a full team of Leavanny. ROFL at your opponents confusion and wear straightjacket.

Actually on topic though a leavanny is a solid choice for any team. Grass/Bug typing gives it some solid coverage and its got two very nice STABs in the form of X-Scissor and Leaf Blade. Heres what i would suggest for a setup.

leavanny.png

Leavanny

Overcoat Ability

Adamant Nature

- X-Scissor

- Leaf Blade

- Hone Claws (if the TM is in game) or Swords Dance

- Baton Pass

This set-up gives Leavanny excellent coverage and utility. Hone Claws gives a +1 to Attack and Accuracy, allowing it to boost through annoying double teams, sand attacks, or any accuarcy lowering/evasion raising move. Swords Dance allows it to get a solid +2 to Attack, making its two STABs to hit that much harder.

Leavanny about to faint? no worries, Baton Pass the boosts to another pokemon that can take advantage of them. Shes squishy though, Fire-type damage hits for a whopping 4x damage, same for Flying-type attacks. Her grass typing gives her a weakness to her secondary typing. Rock hits for 2x and so does poison.

HP 75

260/354

Attack 103

189/335

Defense 80

148/284

Sp. Atk 70

130/262

Sp. Def 80

148/284

Speed 92

170/311

Theres her total stat spread, with min/max for those interested. Shes got decent speed, allowing her to outpace some major threats to her, allowing for either a swords dance/baton pass combo or a couple of hits in. Shes got a lot of options available to her, with the one i listed being a really good one if she can sponge the hits to get a setup.

Hmm, The way you put it makes leavanny a soild choice. but drapion is the same thing (except for the baton pass, which is pretty smart).But If I feel drapion is getting useless then i'll probably consider it. But thanks!

Sorry to be that guy, but, please try to refrain from posting 3 different times in that small time span where no one has posted after you. You could just edit your previous post with the new information.

As stated before, you have a ton of dark types. In the foreseeable future though, we are going to be fighting Adrienne. And Adrienne is the fairy gym leader. I wouldn't necessarily say completely ignore certain parts of the team, but definitely think about training up perhaps a Magnezone or maybe an Excadrill. Also, since we have a fight against Amaria most likely soon, try training up a dry skin Heliolisk. If Amaria abuses rain tactics, Heloilisk always has thunder at its disposal along with regaining HP from dry skin.

My bad, Im kinda new lol, but on to the topic, I guess Excadrill and Heliolisk looks promising, and since i got too many dark types, i might as well reserve Scrafty for now.