Ground Monotype

Yazmat

I was thinking on doing a Bug Monotype but then I realized no one did a Ground Monotype and here I am.

As there are only two starter Pokemon who evolve to a ground type and no other Pokemon before Julia I decided on Turtwig because I already choosed Mudkip on my main save. Had to use 2 Common Candies before Julia otherwise I would probably have lose the fight. After 2 Curses even her Emolga couldn´t really harm me. Still was pretty close and I even had to use a potion to not risk dying to Sonic Boom. If I would have bothered I could get a Burmy and let it evolve to Wormadam but oh well.

My Team:

grotle.gif

Karl-Heinz

Level 21

Shell Armor

Lax

Rose Incense

Bite

Curse

Razor Leaf

Absorb

Other options eventually.

Krookodile

Excadrill

Mamoswine

Gastrodon

Camerupt

Claydol

Whiscash

Flygon

Swampert

Donphan

Steelix

Quagsire

Rhydon

Golem

Nidoking

Nidoqueen

I'd probably go Flygon, Steelix, Gastrodon, Mamoswine, Krookodile

Camerupt is good early in the game though.

Other options eventually.

Krookodile

Excadrill

Mamoswine

Gastrodon

Camerupt

Claydol

Whiscash

Flygon

Swampert

Donphan

Steelix

Quagsire

Rhydon

Golem

Nidoking

Nidoqueen

I'd probably go Flygon, Steelix, Gastrodon, Mamoswine, Krookodile

Camerupt is good early in the game though.

I was thinking of something like that but Flygon kinda sucks so I will probably replace it and keep Torterra to compensate for my water weakness.

Edited by Yazmat

when I was going ground monotype I started the turtwig, found a numel in the rain, eventually ended up with seismitoad, flygon, mamoswine, I cant think what my sixth was but my only real problem was facing the ice gym, it took me a while to beat her...

ZEL´s Tangrowth is the devil because it 2hko´s my Grotle and Onix doesn´t do to much damage to it. Only beat it after 3 tries because he used Growth like 4 times after using Acid Spray and I got a few Flinch Hax with Bite. Glad Ame didn´t improve the A.I already as it would be pretty much impossible. Also the Field damage is ridiculous as it does twice as much damage as stealth rocks. My Onix also didn´t learn Gyro Ball at level 20 for some reason.

My Team:

grotle.gif

Karl-Heinz

Level 25

Shell Armor

Lax

Rose Incense

Bite

Curse

Razor Leaf

Absorb

onix.gif

Dieter

Level 23

Sturdy

Impish

Curse

Smack Down

Rock Tomb

Stealth Rocks

Edited by Yazmat

Burmy evolves into sandy cloak Wormadam when you battle on a cave, a beach or against pokemon in a honey tree. So, let's see.

- The only beach that you're going to find is after the stuff in Blacksteam factory... Yeah, no.

- We don't use honey to cacth pokemon, only to attract two specific pokemons right now. So, no.

- The first cave in the game is available when you enter Jasper. Which is after Florinia. So, no.

By the looks of it, you can't get a Sandy Cloak Wormadam. But iirc, the Underground Railnet is considered a cave in Reborn. So i suggest you try there. And save before you try, ofc ^_^

Burmy evolves into sandy cloak Wormadam when you battle on a cave, a beach or against pokemon in a honey tree. So, let's see.

- The only beach that you're going to find is after the stuff in Blacksteam factory... Yeah, no.

- We don't use honey to cacth pokemon, only to attract two specific pokemons right now. So, no.

- The first cave in the game is available when you enter Jasper. Which is after Florinia. So, no.

By the looks of it, you can't get a Sandy Cloak Wormadam. But iirc, the Underground Railnet is considered a cave in Reborn. So i suggest you try there. And save before you try, ofc ^_^

I tried it already but it still was Trash cloak so I have to find a way to beat her with this Team:

Grotle Onix Trappinch

Level 25 Level 25 Level 24

Shell Armor Sturdy Hyper Cutter

Rose Incense

Absorb Rock Tomb Sand Tomb

Curse Stealth Rocks Faint

Razor Leaf Smack Down Bulldoze

Bite Curse Bide

Edited by Yazmat

Yazmat get a Numel! Just go by the Station where you first started the game and when it rains you'll find a Numel.

I thought Ame fixed the event so it appears only after Florinia

Edit:

Just tested it. No Numel there :(. Gonna do a few tries otherwise I cancel this run.

Edit 2:

Oh well just beat her and it was actually not bad. If I would use my Super Potion I would have probably even do it in one try. After setting up 6 Curses I swept her Team. Got lucky Grotle disobeyed me only one time though. Also Shell Armor is awesome. Critical Pin missle would have probably killed Grotle. I also think Burmy should get Sand Cloak on the desert field.

My Team:

grotle.gif

Karl-Heinz

Level 27

Shell Armor

Lax

Rose Incense

Bite

Curse

Razor Leaf

Mega Drain

onix.gif

Dieter

Level 25

Sturdy

Impish

Curse

Smack Down

Rock Tomb

Stealth Rocks

trapinch.gif

Johannes

Level 24

Hyper Cutter

Docile

Feint Attack

Bulldoze

Sand Tomb

Bide

Edited by Yazmat

Remember one thing: you can breed Earthquake easily with a wild Geodude (acquired at lvl 39). Then you can pass to other egg groups via Pokemon such as Dwebble, that's how I got a Trapinch with EQ at lvl 1! Good luck for your challenge.

You could pick up a diggersby now if you want. A EV trained adamant diggersby with decent IVs can solo pretty much everything except for the garchomp, arceus, and gengars, leaving quite a bit of freedom for team member choices. Just one with random natures/IVs with no EV training can still easily take out multiple pokemon.

Well if I were you, I'd get Nidoking, simply because I love it. However, I can tell you from my experience with him that he's not outstanding in Reborn. Horn Drill may be worth thinking about, though.

Beat Taka who was really hard because Pulse Tangrowth pretty much kills every Ground Pokemon. Had to level Numel to 22 and let it learn Lavaplume so I would stand a chance. Started the fight with Onix to let it set up Stealth Rocks and beat his Lilieep and Tangrowth with Numel and Chatot with Onix. Got Lucky his Tangrowth got burned otherwise Vine Whip would have killed it in 2 hits. Next fight will be Taka and ZEL double battle. I´m scared.

My Team:

grotle.gif

Karl-Heinz

Level 27

Shell Armor

Lax

Rose Incense

Bite

Curse

Razor Leaf

Mega Drain

onix.gif

Dieter

Level 27

Sturdy

Impish

Curse

Smack Down

Rock Tomb

Stealth Rocks

trapinch.gif

Johannes

Level 24

Hyper Cutter

Docile

Feint Attack

Bulldoze

Sand Tomb

Rock Slide

numel.gif

Jürgen

Level 23

Own Tempo

Impish

Flame Burst

Amnesia

Lavaplume

Magnitude

Also I´m not gonna breed a Pokemon with one who is not Gound Type and I´m not gonna EV train them because I´m too lazy. Make maybe an exception with Ditto.

Tip for Taka&Zel: Send out Numel along with Onix and go all in on Glaceon. It must die in the first 2 turns, or it'll wreck your team...

Then, when you reach the Beryl Ward, get a Phanpy. Evolve it to Donphan and use the Move Relearner to teach it Magnitude.

Edited by Nova

Alright beat Taka and Zel as well as Corey, Mannaged to beat Taka and Zel first try but wa really close. Only Trapinch ( and my HM slave) survived with 6 HP at the end.

Corey was surprisingly difficult and had to fight him 3 times. Should have bought those Pecha berries and caught a Phanpy but oh well. Diggersby beat his Skrepl with take down but succumbed to poison. Trappinch took care of Croagunk and dies to Skuntank (Appearently if you kill yourself and send out a Pokemon you don´t get poisoned immediately). Used Flame Burst with Numel too beat Skuntank and taken care of the field. Thinking he would send out either Grimer or Nidorina I send out Grotle. He sends out Crobat and one Shotted Grotle which leaves me only with Onix and three of his Pokemon. He switched to his Grimer which luckily didn´t spam Mud Bomb. After this he sends out Nidorina who spamed most of the time Venom Drench for whatever reason and sometimes Double Kick. Set up Stealth Rocks and a few Curses and beat his Nidorina and Crobat with Onix.

For anyone wondering: I´m playing on Set Mode the whole time. so no switching out if I beat a Pokemon.

My Team:

grotle.gif

Karl-Heinz

Level 28

Shell Armor

Lax

Rose Incense

Bite

Curse

Razor Leaf

Mega Drain

onix.gif

Dieter

Level 29

Sturdy

Impish

Curse

Smack Down

Rock Tomb

Stealth Rocks

trapinch.gif

Johannes

Level 27

Hyper Cutter

Docile

Feint Attack

Bulldoze

Sand Tomb

Rock Slide

numel.gif

Jürgen

Level 26

Own Tempo

Impish

Flame Burst

Amnesia

Lavaplume

Earth Power

diggersby.gif

Franz

Level 27

Huge Power

Hardy

Take Down

Double Kick

Mud Slap

Mud Shot

Edit:

Also when is the earliest opportunity to ge Metal Coat. Probably Shades Gym right?

Edited by Yazmat

Shelly just got wrecked. Setting up Stealth Rocks with Onix and beating her Dwebble. Her Masqerain got beaten by Diggersby and the rest by Camerupt´s Lava Plume. Got kinda scared after Dwebble used Shell Smash but instead of attacking me it decided to use Stealth Rocks.

My Team:

trapinch.gif

Johannes

Level 29

Hyper Cutter

Docile

Scop Lens

Feint Attack

Bulldoze

Dig

Rock Slide

diggersby.gif