Advice on how to beat Episode 12 Aya (5 Gym Leader)

LoneJLT

I'm having difficulty finishing off her Dragalge at the end. It wrecks even my slaking in 2 hits! Any advice will do. Here is my team:

Arcainine (Portgas) LV 45:

Crunch

Flare Blitz

Outrage

Flamethrower

Manetric (Akamaru) LV 44:

Bite

Charge Beam

Thunder Fang

Thunder Wave

Skuntank (Poisons) LV 43:

Night Slash

Toxic

Flamethrower

Acid Spray

Greninja (Gamabunta) LV 45:

Strength

Substitute

Water Shuriken

Water Pulse

Noibat (Soundwave) LV 43:

Air Cutter

Roost

Super Fang

Taunt

Slaking (SolomnGrundy) LV 43:

Slash

Counter

Slack Off

Chip Away

P.s: There is no way Fern beat Aya with his team lol

Two mons you might need. Gothitelle/Flygon. Gothitelle has access to psyshock so physical damage is dealt to the opponent rather than special, so you can avoid that nasty special defense stat of Dragalge. Also, if you want to spend time getting that Trapinch from the Game Corner, it will be so damn useful to you. Access to Bulldoze and Dragon Tail at that point can really hurt Dragalge. Not to mention, if you really want to get work done, you can spend time getting earthquake on trapinch and evolve it afterwards for a real powerhouse. Also, since you are showing us your team for help against a gym leader, for future reference, topics like these go under Team Showcase.

My tactic in this fight is usually to start of the fight with something with leech seed and use it on her muk. After this I switch to Venomoth and use Quiver Dance 6 times. Then proceed to sweep her team and beat her muk at the end. Might take a long time because of Confuse ray and disable but after 2 Quiver Dance you are pretty much invincible against her first two pokemon thanks to leech seed (even more so with big root).

Also Fern has a Krokorock with Moxie and a Ferrothorn so its totally possible for him to beat her.

My team was pretty bad at that point (The only 3 Pokemon that would be on my final team were Typhlosion, Murkrow, and Shiftry), but I got pretty lucky with a Swift (Typhlosion) and then Assurance (Murkrow) combo that took out Aya's entire team.

My fair share of tips against Aya:

Go get the Gothita in the Peridot Ward and level it to 43-ish to be a powerful Gothitelle.

Maybe pick up a Bunnelby with Huge Power and evolve that into Diggersby and get that to 44 or so..

Your Arcanine will pack quite the punch against Dragalge and a bunch of other things on her team, Nidoqueen/Tentacruel are you main worries.

I have no idea why your Greninja has 2 physical moves, you'd be better off having Strength on Slaking because of STAB and ridiculously high Atk. If you want a physical move on Greninja, I'd delete Strength and relearn Night Slash onto it with a Heart Scale. Water Shuriken is kinda meh, I'd prefer Grass Knot over it (which is episode 11 only unfortunately).

Iunno what Skuntank would do against Aya, but if you need more power, Diggersby can replace Skuntank.

That's what I have in terms of tips for you.

Would ditch Noibat for this battle and replace it with Gothitelle. Seriously.

A tip i can give is to get a Ghost, level it up to 44 or 45, curse and burn one of the first fuckers (Either Muk or Cthulu and if you have a pokemon whit leech seed, curse, burn and seed the Muk) and focus on the rest. Gothitelle only fear are Drapion and Gengar and since Aya have around of 3 or 4 Hyper Potions, use those turns wasted in your favor.

And get at least a steel types for avoid the sludge wave spamming, and Gothitelle (I don´t know if Karrablast is available at that Gym, but if it does, buy link stone and enjoy)

please stop hating on flygon he is one of my best pokemon(even in doubles)

250px-714Noibat.png

trashcan.png

PS

And for the life of me I can't figure it out, but even when my game it has Earthquake, Flygon freaking sucks in this game for some reason.

oke why are you hating on flygon in reborn its awesome + it took 2 hours of my life to get trapinch

Because even with like 28 IV, 252 EV. and Adamant Nature, EQ and all of Flygon's attacks still do less damage then I expect every time I use it.

Flygon is my favorite pokemon man. It's upsetting for me too.

Because base 100 attack really isn't that high without items, especially with gym leaders typically having higher leveled pokemon. Failing to OHKO and getting OHKO'd in return by stray ice punches or HP ice makes flygon's life rather miserable.

If you don't want to catch and train a new pokemon, because that's quite frankly a pain in the ass, my suggestion would be to keep her Muk alive at all times and gangbang her other pokes with your 2. Muk might be a minor pain in the ass with disable, but he's the least threatening thing on her team overall because of its pitiful special attack. Once you get to Dragalge start hammering on it with Slaking and Skuntank.

Also, it might help to force her to expend some of her potions early on on her less threatening pokes, like Tentacreul or Muk. Just fall short of KOing them and she'll heal so that she doesn't use Hyper potion on Dragalge later on.

If you can spare the time to train a 'mon, Quagsire/Gastro are good choices and level up easily in the wastes. Quag gets Earthquake in the early 30's, too, which will be quite devastating.

I just beat her with a team worse than yours (In my arsenal are Emolga and Bibarel, for example) with no ground or psychic types. Good luck.

Edited by Ultra

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having difficulty finishing off her Dragalge at the end. It wrecks even my slaking in 2 hits! Any advice will do. Here is my team:

Arcainine (Portgas) LV 45:

Crunch

Flare Blitz

Outrage

Flamethrower

Manetric (Akamaru) LV 44:

Bite

Charge Beam

Thunder Fang

Thunder Wave

Skuntank (Poisons) LV 43:

Night Slash

Toxic

Flamethrower

Acid Spray

Greninja (Gamabunta) LV 45:

Strength

Substitute

Water Shuriken

Water Pulse

Noibat (Soundwave) LV 43:

Air Cutter

Roost

Super Fang

Taunt

Slaking (SolomnGrundy) LV 43:

Slash

Counter

Slack Off

Chip Away

P.s: There is no way Fern beat Aya with his team lol

Meowstic female

please stop hating on flygon he is one of my best pokemon(even in doubles)

oke why are you hating on flygon in reborn its awesome + it took 2 hours of my life to get trapinch

"please stop making logical statements because i'm taking them personally"

One way I did to make that fight way easier was to catch a water absorb Quaggy, you'll only need it up to about lvl 40, and it'll make the whole fight easier. with Yawn, you can make one of her pokes useless for a few turns, you also will be able to spam EQs, but then again, most of your team won't like that... (yeah, don't use noibat, this is the gym it'll be the least useful until the fairy one gets released)