gastly's usefullness?

Kingd353

i just went thourght the most annoying series of battles ever to findally get the final member to my reborn team gastly only to find out that my gastly apparently can't learn sludge wave... and now my head hurts.... guys... please for the love of all that is holy.... please tell me i didnt' waste all that time on a pokemon who's only special attacking move is gonna be shadow ball >.> does gengar have any real use in reborn other then being your residental shadowballer?

Gengar's got a ton of use, yo! He can still get Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Destiny Bond, and a ton of other usable moves. You've just gotta not be a lazy shit and breed them onto him.

Edited by Foamy

Iirc you can breed Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb onto it from some chain involving Stunfisk... uh, I guess Koffing/Grimer -> Stunfisk -> Gastly.

And Gengar is a boss anyway, I don't know what you're on about. Sludge Wave is stupidly distributed I hate that move

• Veterans

Iirc you can breed Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb onto it from some chain involving Stunfisk... uh, I guess Koffing/Grimer -> Stunfisk -> Gastly.

And Gengar is a boss anyway, I don't know what you're on about. Sludge Wave is stupidly distributed I hate that move

Ikr Like 80% of the pokemon who learn it arent even poison typed

Ikr Like 80% of the pokemon who learn it arent even poison typed

I think the best example of this I can offer is:

Before I revamped my in-game team, half of them were part Poison type. And yet, somehow, none of them (Gengar, Roserade and Skuntank) could learn Sludge Wave... but my Swampert could.

• Veterans

I think the best example of this I can offer is:

Before I revamped my in-game team, half of them were part Poison type. And yet, somehow, none of them (Gengar, Roserade and Skuntank) could learn Sludge Wave... but my Swampert could.

Ok Swampert Being Able to learn it i understand but seriously 3of your team 0_0

Ya its stupid for being distributed.. but nidoking learns it.. so its useful to have on him.. specially against noel!! and in a double battle with aggron... its da bomb!

It's a Gengar. It's a ghost with levitate and high speed and special attack. Does it even need more use or am I missing something here?

Eh, when I got to the point that I could get it, I already had a Gardevoir who does everything that Gengar can do without having to breed for moves or drop a Link Stone on it. I mean, Gengar's faster and hits a little harder, but Gardevoir's fast enough after being EV trained, and can actually take some special hits as well.

If you're willing to breed moves on it, Gengar can be more useful; but if you don't want to breed or use a Link Stone, just use Gardevoir

Eh, when I got to the point that I could get it, I already had a Gardevoir who does everything that Gengar can do without having to breed for moves or drop a Link Stone on it. I mean, Gengar's faster and hits a little harder, but Gardevoir's fast enough after being EV trained, and can actually take some special hits as well.

If you're willing to breed moves on it, Gengar can be more useful; but if you don't want to breed or use a Link Stone, just use Gardevoir

yeah, totally agree with this :v :v :v

i use Gengar with this moveset: Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball for STAB, Thunderbolt for coverage, and Destiny bond :v

after killing one or even 2 of gym leader's pokemons, he will drag another one with him to the grave with DB with ease (being too fast). That's how it role my mate :v. Without this moveset- stick with Gardevoir -_-

EDIT: and Azery.... i'm not quite sure about that nick name you give me, but....ok i accept it anyway :)))))))

EDIT 2: ok, when breeding my Gengar, i got 2 more Gastly with good IVs and Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb already, if you don't want to waste time to breed, just contact Dban1 and i can trade one of these 2 to your save file for free -_- (like i said, i got one already). And they got Modest nature, the only thing you need is a link stone -_-)

Edited by gutten_tag

yeah, totally agree with this :v :v :v

i use Gengar with this moveset: Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball for STAB, Thunderbolt for coverage, and Destiny bond :v

after killing one or even 2 of gym leader's pokemons, he will drag another one with him to the grave with DB with ease (being too fast). That's how it role my mate :v. Without this moveset- stick with Gardevoir -_-

EDIT: and Azery.... i'm not quite sure about that nick name you give me, but....ok i accept it anyway :)))))))

EDIT 2: ok, when breeding my Gengar, i got 2 more Gastly with good IVs and Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb already, if you don't want to waste time to breed, just contact Dban1 and i can trade one of these 2 to your save file for free -_- (like i said, i got one already). And they got Modest nature, the only thing you need is a link stone -_-)

um.... 2 questions 1. who's dban1? 2. how can i trade you? last i checked reborn doesn't have a save system...

I'm fairly sure that Gengar/Haunter learns Dark Pulse and Dream Eater upon levelling up?

dark pulse has the same type coverage as shadowball and hypnosis is wildly inaccurate so i don't want to rely on it to be able to use dream eater

i'm trying to use pokemon i havne't used to often and i use gardevoir ALOT!

It's a Gengar. It's a ghost with levitate and high speed and special attack. Does it even need more use or am I missing something here?

type coverage my friend....

Gengar's got a ton of use, yo! He can still get Thunderbolt, Sludge Bomb, Destiny Bond, and a ton of other usable moves. You've just gotta not be a lazy shit and breed them onto him.

did you really have to call me a lazy shit? was that really nessesary? >.>

Edited by Ikaru
You need to not post 5 times in a row and use multiquote or something

I'm fairly sure that Gengar/Haunter learns Dark Pulse and Dream Eater upon levelling up?

Dark pulse??? have you ever see a moveset with both Dark Pulse and shadow ball?? both can super eff against Ghost and Psychic. so awful.

um.... 2 questions 1. who's dban1? 2. how can i trade you? last i checked reborn doesn't have a save system...

Dban1 is the guy who can trade pokemons from one save file to another. You can read here. I can trade this Gastly for you through his process:

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8763

ok cool but he says in his explination that we need to decide on the trade before contacting him and there are 2 thigns we havne't decided yet 1. witch gastly will you give me? and yes it does matter because i name all of the pokemon i get so i'll need you to name the gastly you give me and 2. what do you want for it exactly?

Dark pulse??? have you ever see a moveset with both Dark Pulse and shadow ball?? both can super eff against Ghost and Psychic. so awful.

Dban1 is the guy who can trade pokemons from one save file to another. You can read here. I can trade this Gastly for you through his process:
http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8763

ok cool but he says in his explination that we need to decide on the trade before contacting him and there are 2 thigns we havne't decided yet 1. witch gastly will you give me? and yes it does matter because i name all of the pokemon i get so i'll need you to name the gastly you give me and 2. what do you want for it exactly?

1, whatever gastly you want (male or female) i can give it to you. Your choice.

2, it's free. I got almost 75 powerful-breeded-perfect moveset-almost perfect IVs-flawless EV train-pokemons on my save file. So whatever you can give me, i'll take it :v :v :v (please, do not Sunkern, and that's fine)

EDIT: oh yeah, my save file got almost 600 hours in-game, so....

Edited by gutten_tag

1, whatever gastly you want (male or female) i can give it to you. Your choice.

2, it's free. I got almost 75 powerful-breeded-perfect moveset-almost perfect IVs-flawless EV train-pokemons on my save file. So whatever you can give me, i'll take it :v :v :v (please, do not Sunkern, and that's fine)

EDIT: oh yeah, my save file got almost 600 hours in-game, so....

o.o damn...... remind me to bug you if i need more bred pokes lol anyway i'd like the female one name it kiki please (if you're wondering why it's because the gastly in game took the form of kiki so i think it's fitting

o.o damn...... remind me to bug you if i need more bred pokes lol anyway i'd like the female one name it kiki please (if you're wondering why it's because the gastly in game took the form of kiki so i think it's fitting

ok, i'll name it Kiki. contact DBan1 when you are ready, then he will PM me.

did you really have to call me a lazy shit? was that really nessesary? >.>

If you're gonna complain about Gastly's level-up moves and then just trade for a Gastly with the moves you want instead of doing the work yourself, then yes~! icon_awesomeface.gif