Description Cut-offs

Amethyst

Edit: It's be more work, but is anyone also shortening the moves to fit the lengths of Move Tutor descriptions? I'm not saying we have to, but if you are super eager to make this perfect, there's something to consider.

We'd only have to do the ones that are move tutor moves though right? That can't be much work, seeing as there's only like 16 of them at the moment.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. I think it's best if Taco's does my part. I for sure can't do it tomorrow, and my attentions has to be focused elsewhere tonight. Also I looked and didn't know how to fix it. Sorry guys.

Well, just did a quick run through of gen 4, and comparing the dex entries to ones already edited from other gens, none of them require shortening as there are edited ones that extend far long than those in gen 4.

Dem moves though. All right, i finished 456 to 608. Notes:

1 - Confide, Disarming Voice, Electrify, Fairy Lock, Geomancy and Ion Deluge. This moves i didn't change anything, since IG, they simple break on the middle of it. I don't know if they even need to be fixed exactly. Maybe they fit, but i don't know why they break.

2 - The move "Land's Wrath" is completely broken. No PP, no description and it's a normal move. So, i don't know about that.

3 - Is move 569 missing or this list is supposed to have 607 moves instead?

Anyway, here it is:

Honestly, I'm not bothering with Legendary moves srry ame. We won't realistically get our hands on a legendary Poke, so if no one sees it, is the problem still there? well yes, but Not really.

Dem moves though. All right, i finished 456 to 608. Notes:

1 - Confide, Disarming Voice, Electrify, Fairy Lock, Geomancy and Ion Deluge. This moves i didn't change anything, since IG, they simple break on the middle of it. I don't know if they even need to be fixed exactly. Maybe they fit, but i don't know why they break.

2 - The move "Land's Wrath" is completely broken. No PP, no description and it's a normal move. So, i don't know about that.

Land's Wrath is just a 90 BP EQ iirc.

The other 6 I'd have to look and see if they were implemented .. fairly certain at least Confide and Geomancy should be (though I recall a point in fixing it where it was a 1-turn move, whoops), at a glance and Disarming Voice and Fairly Lock are pretty straightforward.

Edit: As an aside, just because you won't get a Legendary that uses it's signature move doesn't mean your enemies (or allies, I guess) can't get access to one. You should still fix them accordingly.

Edited by Blind Guardian

Well, this is just tackling the description of those moves. Seeing as we don't own the Legendaries, there is no way to see the description of the move.

What about dittos? We need descriptions for the moves that we copy. Also let's not forget pokemon with mimic or Smeargle with sketch.

Erm, had to double post to revive this to check. Has everyone finished the necessary adjustments or have people completely forgotten about this. If necessary I can take over any abandoned jobs that there may be.

I've had chances to work on my moves, but have not. The pattern you guys mentioned was lost on me, so moves 245-367 are NOT completed. I hate to say so, but I cannot finish this in good time. I'm afraid I leave these moves in whoever will take and finish them. Again, I apologize for failing to finish the move list. What remains here is moves 298-367 to be finished.

If there's moves that still need to be completed, i can do that.

Tacps needs to report if he fixed the stuff, or if he didn't have time, or whatever...

I'm pretty sure the pokemons are finished (Cuz there was nothing to change on 4th gen iirc).

I just need to know if there are moves that still need to fixed.

And Ame has to upload the same docs for the abilities. Unless she already handled that or she's going to.