Description Cut-offs

Amethyst

Vinny, what program are you using the edit the Dex entries? As far as I can see, Notepad and and Word Doc Editor works. I'm worried that re-uploading this would be to no avail.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinny, what program are you using the edit the Dex entries? As far as I can see, Notepad and and Word Doc Editor works. I'm worried that re-uploading this would be to no avail.

I just use Notepad.

No avail huh? Hmm...

Gen 3 is done (252 through 386). I just don't have a way to post all of the new Dex entries. If I put them in a spoiler, would someone be able to transfer the new data over to the document? All of the moves, evolutions, and that extra stuff was untouched, so I can guarantee that Generation 3 now works.

I'd love to help but I'm a bit busy at the moment. If you still need anything done in 4 days time I'll pitch in but otherwise I'll leave it up to you guys.

• Administrators

Yeah, I took the link google gave me to share, not the URL

This worked just fine with the early projects I gave people, why does google not let anyone help anymore :c

So, we've got Gen 1 and 3 done. Has anyone else cropped Dex entries for 2, 4, 5, or 6?

@Jericho Ame handed the project off to us, so we're going by what she's told us. That is that we are fitting the Pokedex entries within the borders so that they don't cut-off text. Originally, we were reporting errors, but since we have the capabilities to input our work without Ame needing to focus completely on the issue, we're responsible for this getting done.

Just noticed something. Typhlosion's dex entry is longer than Togepi's but Typhlosion's fits in where Togepi's doesn't. My current reason for this is that Typhlosion's makes better use of the individual line spaces whereas Togepi's is always ending on a big word it can't fit in so there's a gap at the end of each line. Keep this in mind when shortening them, sometimes ones that are shorter than your limit will actually not fit.

Basically make sure you cut each entry off an acceptable margin below your limit.

Well, Generation 6 was easy. Slurpuff was the only one to be changed. This could be changed automatically to the following, or you could just add the new text in.

Pokedex=Its sense of smell is 100 million times better than a human’s. Even the faintest scent tells it about everything around. It can see with its nose.

If no one takes Gen 5, I can.

Just noticed something. Typhlosion's dex entry is longer than Togepi's but Typhlosion's fits in where Togepi's doesn't. My current reason for this is that Typhlosion's makes better use of the individual line spaces whereas Togepi's is always ending on a big word it can't fit in so there's a gap at the end of each line. Keep this in mind when shortening them, sometimes ones that are shorter than your limit will actually not fit.

Basically make sure you cut each entry off an acceptable margin below your limit.

I'm pretty sure i've noticed that with other entries as well. I'm not going to be surprised of 2 or 3 entries are still broken in Gen 1. But oh well...

I would try to help but it seems as if all the pokemon are good in the doc so idk if there is something I'm missing here or its just a coincidence >.>

Of course they're okay in the doc. Because that how they're supposed to look in game. But ig, some entries get cut off, and that's where the problem is.

If no one is up for it, i'll get Gen V.

Of course they're okay in the doc. Because that how they're supposed to look in game. But ig, some entries get cut off, and that's where the problem is.

Oh so you're shortening them. I wish I had realized that or I would have helped a while ago ._>

So we're just rewriting it in a way that it's shorter if it is in fact too long? I'll do Gen 5.

Ark you're more than welcome to double check me, but comparing it to that rewritten Slurpuff line, it appears all gen 5 Dex Entries are shorter than that.

Ark you're more than welcome to double check me, but comparing it to that rewritten Slurpuff line, it appears all gen 5 Dex Entries are shorter than that.

You're right. All the entries fit. The one issue was a typo in Druddigon's entry. The entry reads "It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. Then skin on its face is harder than a rock". I changed the "Then" to "The", but otherwise, Gen 5 can remain untouched. Thanks Jericho.

To conglomerate all the work into one post, here is what we have thus far.

Generation 1 confirmed by Vinny

Generation 2 confirmed by Sheep

Generation 3 confirmed by myself
Generation 4 confirmed by Tacps (Needs no edits)

Generation 5 confirmed by McMc

Generation 6 confirmed by myself

All of the Dex entries have not yet been put together into a similar Dex. So far, all the posts are only as complete as far as Vinny went into Generation 1 (on the Google Doc for Download. We confirmed Weedle to be updated, but Weedle only). After Gen 4 is completed, we can put them all into the same document/Text file. Or, if possible, upload them into a Google document.

Don't know why they're out of order, but they're there.

Edited by Arkhidon

So if we're waiting on Temp to get the gen 4 stuff done, can we move on to the moves then?

There are 608 moves and 4 of us so 152 each? If so I'll take the first batch.

Also I just noticed that megahorn is number one on the list. Where it should be. ^_^