Backup your saves!

Tempest

It is highly recommended that you keep backups of your saves as you progress through the game. There are some issues with the game that can corrupt files sot that they are unusable. You will have to start all over in this case. But a simple backup can be a life saver.

If you're inexperienced with this game you may be asking, "exactly where is my save file and how does one post it to the site"? Well, go to the folder your current game of Pokemon Reborn is in. In this folder there should be three things titled "Game". One of them is a Pokeball and is a RGSS player (click on it to launch the game), one is a "Configuration Settings" and the one is an rxdata. That rxdata is your save file.

So what I suggest you all do is make a separate folder and title it "Save Files" or something. Then, every once in a while, copy your current save file, paste it into that folder, and put a number after its name to distinguish itself from the others. Then, if your current save ever becomes corrupted, you can delete it, replace it with one of your extra save files, and take away the number at the end, leaving its name as simply "Game". Unless that save file ALSO suffers the same glitch as the previous one, loading the game with it should start you off normally, and you'll be able to continue the game from where that save left off. You'll lose whatever progress you've made between those two save files, but it will be much better than having to start the entire game over again. ESPECIALLY now that Magikarp was removed.

Edited by Eagleby18

• Administrators

It wasn't hijacked so much as they were put together because there were like three other topics about the same thing

Y'all are lifesavers. I saw this and backed up my save before opening Episode 12, and I got a corrupted map error, which I saw in Troubleshooting is unfixable. Thank you!

Edited by Rosesong

Actually, by backing it up, you should just copy it, so you have another copy. If you're doing encoding, you're either doing it wrong or making it too complicated.

I tried to copy the file, but when I clicked "Copy," my computer simply chose not to make a copy. So I had to improvise by opening Notepad and copy/pasting the contents of my Game.rxdata into a new document.

It should be game.rxdata (or game1 or game2 depending on how many backups you make. I remember I made 12 last time in ep 11 just because I was worried I'd get corrupt save file lol, and also because I wanted a modest ralts which I never got in the end x.x).

EDIT: Off topic...

Which basically means...

gg.

Dat simplicity doe. Much Epic, Many Simple, wow

Edited by Lynxiechan

If you have game.exe and.ini, (this is what I do) you need to search the entire computer for your Game.rxdata file, open the location it's in, and copy and paste it to another location. The game works with the file in that location you open up to, I believe it's called saved games but I'm not 100% sure

backing up actualy saved me from going crazy while ame was backing up the server as i got stuck on "that rock" that most ppl habe so far

Edited by sandy

• Veterans

No. It can happen randomly, to anyone. No matter what you do. Don't think you're exempt or you may regret it when your save corrupts.

I highly doubt that but already backuped my main save and a fw others

I always had backups of my saves, but this is the quote from Beba that made me make even more backups ^^

Well if the performance of an pc/latptop etc is too low,it could cause to lag in the game-which in the end leads to this.

For an example:

Between the time of saving script,like 1-5(whatever),it fails to save one event (from a map) and it tries to save it multiple times,everytime failing.

If you look the save file with somekind of edit programm (preferably which knows an universal languange,like hexadecimal),you would see the same event the script failed to save,lets say 30 times in a row.

Btw a save file can be corrupted even if it fails to save something simple,like a trainer card.

If this would happen only randomly,what are the chances of it not to happen in 150+ hours of game time? :)

Bam.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you're inexperienced with this game you may be asking, "exactly where is my save file and how does one post it to the site"? Well, go to the folder your current game of Pokemon Reborn is in. In this folder there should be three things titled "Game". One of them is a Pokeball and is a RGSS player (click on it to launch the game), one is a "Configuration Settings" and the one is an rxdata. That rxdata is your save file.

So what I suggest you all do is make a separate folder and title it "Save Files" or something. Then, every once in a while, copy your current save file, paste it into that folder, and put a number after its name to distinguish itself from the others. Then, if your current save ever becomes corrupted, you can delete it, replace it with one of your extra save files, and take away the number at the end, leaving its name as simply "Game". Unless that save file ALSO suffers the same glitch as the previous one, loading the game with it should start you off normally, and you'll be able to continue the game from where that save left off. You'll lose whatever progress you've made between those two save files, but it will be much better than having to start the entire game over again. ESPECIALLY now that Magikarp was removed.

Um I backup my file and put the copy in a different file but now when i start up my file is save file is gone did i do something wrong

• 2 weeks later...

In my case, I found my rxdata in a folder completely separate from the Pokemon Reborn folder used to launch the game. For me, it was in...

Desktop -> [Computer/User name] -> Saved Games -> another Pokemon Reborn folder containing all your screenshots and save file. You have to put your save file in this second folder in order to access it.

Edited by Alilatias