Backup your saves!

Tempest

If you need help finding it:

On a windows 7 or 8/vmware:

This PC>>Local drive C:>>Users>>(computer/user name)>>Saved games>>Pokemon reborn>>(There's your file, among the contents of that folder)

Putting the save file in the folder with the game.exe does nothing, it must be in the pokemon reborn folder in saved games in users.

On a mac with Wine:

Should be among the contents of the folder game.exe is in. If not, derp, I dunno, Ive only been using wine for the past two days.

• 1 month later...

On a mac with Wine:

Should be among the contents of the folder game.exe is in. If not, derp, I dunno, Ive only been using wine for the past two days.

Mine wasn't in the same folder- it was under "drive_c" in the wine prefix I was running the game from. So "drive_c/Users/[user]/Saved Games/Pokemon Reborn," starting from somewhere on my hard drive. The wine prefix is where wine is pulling files from, so for instance if you install a program via wine then it ends up in a "drive_c" folder under the prefix folder. The hard part is that it's often under a hidden folder and it seems to be in different locations depending on what computer I'm using, although this probably has to do with differing operating system versions.

Edited by erd

• 2 months later...

Hey everybody, so recently I got a new PC therefore I went through the tedious process of transferring various things over from my older, shittier PC which included Pokemon Reborn. When I start up Reborn on my new PC it forces me to start a new game, even though my Game.rxdata is in the folder? Anyone have any ideas as to why this happens?

• 3 weeks later...

I need to move my save file to a flash drive. However in the folder for Episode 14.1, the contents are:
(Folder) Audio

(Folder) Data

(Folder) Graphics

(Folder) Fonts

The Field Effect Manual (Text Document)

(Pokeball) Game

Game (Configuration Settings)

gif (DLL File)

Readme (Text Document)

RGSS102E (DLL File)

rubyscreen (DLL File)

Which of these is my save file and how do I copy it to a flash drive?

• 2 weeks later...

Your savefile shouldn't be in the Reborn folder. Search in the start menu for "game.rxdata". That is your file. Keep it safe. To copy it, right click it, copy, then paste it in your flashdrive.

Thanks! :D I was looking around in the Reborn folder and was all like "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wut"

Edited by BreezyPonie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I have already made a copy of my save file, which is the game.rxdata found in the Pokemon Reborn folder as of episode 14.6 I believe. Does the save file need to be copied into another place, for the backup to work?

Also, as I am using Wine on Mac to play reborn, I cannot open the save file. Is that going to be a problem? Am I supposed to be able to open the file?

As long as there's a copy of the save file it really doesn't matter where it is. Nothing will about the game will delete the parent folder

And no, not really. As long as the game could open the backup save if you renamed it, you're fine. Really the only way to open the save other than just the game is special editors which can actually display it. An .rxdata file isn't text based, it's actually binary, if I'm correct.

Long story short, you're fine.

This won't be necessary anymore once Episode 15 comes out due to a handy script that was written by Kurotsune that saves each of your saves as a new version in the Reborn Saves folder. The most recent will remain as Game.rxdata and then older saves will start at game0.rxdata and count up, with the higher number being more recent saves. This can be grabbed now by following this thread.

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13092

As long as there's a copy of the save file it really doesn't matter where it is. Nothing will about the game will delete the parent folder

And no, not really. As long as the game could open the backup save if you renamed it, you're fine. Really the only way to open the save other than just the game is special editors which can actually display it. An .rxdata file isn't text based, it's actually binary, if I'm correct.

Long story short, you're fine.

All right thanks a lot for your reply! One last thing, how to you check whether your game could open the backup save? Sorry not that experienced with these technicalities >: