What is the best new pokemon we can get in epi 12?

gutten_tag

It's a Gen IV-V breeding mechanic (And Gen III too, iirc). Basically, in Gen III and IV, TM's were one time use right? So, if you teach the TM move to a pokemon, the TM is gone. And you wouldn't be able to teach the move to any other poke again. That's what the mechanic was for: If the father (Or mother... i guess both) know a move that the baby can learn as a TM, then that move is going to be passed down. This mechanic became kinda useless in Gen V since TMs are infinite now, and it was removed completely in Gen VI.

However, on Reborn, the breeding mechanics are from Gen V. So yes, a Nidoran M can learn Ice Beam and Thunderbolt. Even more moves depending on the Smeargle...

only father can pass down moves for the egg. other than that, you're right :v :v. The flawless of this mechanic in Reborn game is even when we can't touch those good TMs like BoltBeamThrower or QuakeEdge combo, we still can breed it to the others in the same egg group (this is the most important part- like Smeargle can ONLY PASS DOWN moves for pkm in "field egg group" like him). And it's a part of the mechanic in game, so it's not hack. Enjoy it :v

EDIT:

This is strange, because neither Ice Beam nor Thunderbolt are egg moves for the Nidoran line in the "normal" games, so I'm assuming Reborn has its own breeding mechanics.

well i guess you don't use breeding much in main seri games. i figure that out since Diamond/ Pearl when i can pass down all TM moves for the baby through breeding from a father @@

EDIT: sorry for the double post, but i don't know how to mergle them become one :(

Done. by Vinny

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Guts + burn + 145 base attack + fighting gem = something is getting O Koed

Guts + Fighting Gem? Guts isn't a reliable ability unless you can activate it yourself.

Now I KNOW you ain't hating on my Stealth-Rock Destroyer. Braviary may not be the speed-demon that Staraptor is, but he can take a beating and dish it back.

Sheer Force Crush Claw hits like a truck with a Life Orb, which I don't know if we can get this time around but even without it, it's still a force to be reckoned with. I have won many a battle in Y because of my beloved Braviary. That's in the Metagame, btw.

I love my Defiant Choice Scarf Braviary. icon_kirakira.gif