Need a fire type.

Ukyn1993

Im setting up my team and in desperate need of a fire type. Why? Because i dont feel secure unless i have a fire type on my team to burn plants, melt ice, and singe feathers (because thats the kind of guy i am)

Heres my team (with the fire-type i was thinking) feel free to make a suggestion with JUST the fire type, moveset, nature, different one all together. Anything else, if it has a ???? there, make a suggestion (not sure what natures to get)

Atlas the Torterra

Impish Nature

Shell Armor Ability

- Wood Hammer

- Crunch

- Curse

- Earthquake

Venom the Ariados

Jolly Nature

Sniper Ability

- Poison Jab

- Shadow Sneak

- Sucker Punch

- Bug Bite

Drakkin the Noivern

???? Nature

Infiltraitor Ability

- Hurricane

- Boomburst

- Dragon Pulse

- Super Fang

Pridestalker the Pyroar

???? Nature

Moxie Ability

- Flamethrower

- Headbutt

- Crunch

- Hyper Beam

Alistair the Aggron

Adamant Nature

Rock Head Ability

- Head Smash

- Curse

- Iron Tail

- Take Down

(and yes, you can breed head smash and curse onto aggron)

Hoodie the Scrafty

???? Nature

Moxie Ability

- High Jump Kick

- Crunch

- Swagger

- Dragon Dance

Is pyroar a good fire-type? Could someone suggestion something to change it out with? maybe even a physical based fire-type, with pyroar as is special based substitution?

Edited by Ukyn1993

I'd say Pyroar is good, but not enough. It's a godsend early, especially for Corey, but it has very bad defenses. There's better ones, such as:

Arcanine

Nature:Naughty

Ability:Intimidate

Flare Blitz

Outrage

Thunder Fang

Extreme Speed

Great Speed and attacks, decent Defences and health.

Flare Blitz for amazing STAB, Outrage vs Dragon types, T.Fang to deal with Water types, and Extreme Speed for the priority

If you don't like recoil damage, use Heat Wave

OR

Ninetails

Nature: Modest

Ability: Drought

Nasty Plot

Heat Wave

Extrasensory

Shadow Ball

Nasty Plot is obvious, Heat Wave is better than Flamethrower IMO because it hits both foes in double battles at the cheap price of 5 less base power and 5% less accuracy. Extrasensory and Shadow Ball for some coverage.

...or if there's some way to breed Solar Beam onto it, do that instead of Shadow Ball/Extrasensory.

Pyroar is not bad I think, though some other good alternatives are houndoom who has the more useful dark typing, arcanine who can easily go mixed but will take a lot effort to get its best moves, chandelure beast special attack, and typhlosion which is kind of has a lacking movepool but once it gets lava plume its good.

so ninetails, arcanine, or houndoom? Im thinking houndoom cause i could use a dark type on my team. Any suggestions on how i should have him? nature, ability, moves?

my arcanine and ninetales have saved my ass a lot of times, if you are lazy to breed those are his movesets:

arcanine: adamant

Intimidate

fire blitz

extreme speed

outrage

crunch

ninetales: modest

Drought

Fire blast

extrasensory

will-o-wisp

confuse ray

Edited by Chacal

Houndoom's abilities suck, but the best to opt for is Flash Fire.

And... something like this, I guess?

Houndoom

Lonely/Naughty (you're kinda forced to run mixed unless you breed, so... I'd go for that Attack buff, but you can do +Speed with Hasty/Naive, too)

-Crunch/Foul Play (you can switch it with Dark Pulse when you get the TM, too)

-Flamethrower

-Thunder Fang

-Howl? Nasty Plot? Something else?

I've never actually used mixed Houndoom in Reborn, since I bred for mine... but something like this? There is a 70% chance I have no idea what I'm doing, it's only fair to warn you.

What the... I mean, no one suggested Darmanitan? NO ONE?

Look, if you want a fire type that's going to survive, then look elsewhere. But if you want a fire type that hits like a firetruck, then look here.

140 Base Attack + Sheer Force hurts my soul.

Darmanitan

Jolly (This is IG, so you don't need even more attack. Speed is better).

-Flare Blitz

-Rock Slide (Breed it with a Drilbur, it learns it at level 29).

-Superpower (Hit Rock Types that think they can just switch in).

-Fire Punch (Sheer Force bonus, and no recoil)/ Zen Headbutt (Coverage. Don't know if you can get Zen H. + Rock Slide though)/Bulldoze

This thing is going to die quickly. But it's going to take 4 pokes with it at least.

Will suggest something for the other stuff later. Will edit this post.

EDIT:

For your Noivern, Modest would be better. Noivern is the fastest Dragon type as of Gen 6, so yeah. Modest for the Sp.Atk boost.

I'd say Air Slash > Hurricane, but i say that cuz it's personal preference. Accuracy over Power.

For Scrafty, i don't know. Scrafty is not that fast to confuse the opponent as soon as it appears, so i don't know.

There's not a lot of option though, so keep it.

It can run either Jolly or Adamant, cuz Moxie/DDance fix whatever you're not running (Moxie fix Attack and DDance fix Speed and Attack).

Edited by Vinny953

The good ones have been mentioned already. I'm personally a fan of the fire dogs (vulpix, growlithe, houndoom) but if you want something more well-rounded I'd say raise a Tepig. It has some nice coverage, and gets a POWERFUL Head Smash at level 50.

• 2 weeks later...

Camerupt with magma armor

moves

Earthquake

lava plume, Flamethrower etc

rock slide

any other physical attack

great slow but earthquake destroys have a good defense only negative 4x weak against water but can be very useful as a tank and cover ground type

these are the best moveset for fire pokemon in-game:

1, Blaziken: sword dance-flare blitz- high jump kick- whatever u like (me: brave bird)

2, Arcanine: flare blitz (of course)- crunch (good)- CLOSE COMBAT (it is a "must", or else you can do NOTHING to rock type, very good coverage)- extreamespeed/ or whatever you like (kick outrage to another side dude. 120 base power, but mostly we can get so much better dragon to use like flygon and tyrantrum, even nasty plot lucario will be much more superior, and u got lock to a move that u got no STAB or super eff much in game)

3, darmatian: see from vinny. can't be aggree more.

4, Infernape: close combat and flare blitz- mach punch/ thunderpunch (coverage water) and anything you like. be sure to use iron fist ability.

5, chandelure: look at this: FIRE BLAST- ENERGY BALL (THE BEST FOR WATER TYPE)- SHADOW BALL- and whatever you like: will-o-wisp/ confuse ray/ substitue

6, ninetales: the only grass move you can get for him is energy ball right now. noway vulplix can learn solarbeam through breeding. so: fire blast/ extrasensorry/ energy ball/ will o wisp or nasty plot

(trust me, if you are not using a tanker ninetales, 2 status move for him is useless, and nasty plot isn't that good for him, bcz he die really quickly after one hit)

7, houndoom: this is the best moveset for him: SUNNY DAY/ SOLARBEAM/ FLAMETHROWER/ DARKPULSE. its just incredible. set up move like nasty plot??? my moveset can almost do EVERYTHING BETTER after one sunny day. can you set up in front of water type like sunny day??

stop telling me like "we don't have TM energy ball or solarbeam or sword dance...blah blah blah blah or thunder punch blah blah blah...", you CAN get these moves through breeding (gen V mechanic breeding for details), or i can post a picture of my own pokemons in-game and they got these move for you to see

Edited by gutten_tag