getting ready for ground gym

Chacal

Hello everybody!!! I notice that my team is not very effective against a full team of ground pokemons my feraligart maybe can kill 2 or 3 but i dont think he could handle all, so I decide to train another to help me with the future gym. Could somebody tell me which pokemon should I train to have it as a backup? Thanks

We might see some mountains in EP12, maybe you can get a strong Ice type Pokemon there. Or just go for a Mamoswine. Ice wrecks ground-types. You can also go to a Move Tutor to learn Feraligatr, and Manectric Ice Fang, if you so desire.

Edited by Nova

He will almost definitely have Gyrados type covered on every pokemon. A lot of his pokemon will also have sturdy, specifically so you can't just cut through him like that. I also expect some serious grass coverage, seeing as it is also double super effective. You could always train up a second Feraligator by breeding if you wanted. Perfect EVs and some good IVs would probably make it replace your starter if you bred for them, but I understand if you don't want two of the same pokemon.

My vote goes out to getting a Mudkip/Swampert. It's unlikely that many of his pokemon will have grass moves, and swampert is pretty bulky. Not to mention he'll have super effective stab moves for all of the pokemon. If you EV train it, that in conjunction with Feraligator should be able to put a nice dent in his team.

He will almost definitely have Gyrados type covered on every pokemon. A lot of his pokemon will also have sturdy, specifically so you can't just cut through him like that. I also expect some serious grass coverage, seeing as it is also double super effective. You could always train up a second Feraligator by breeding if you wanted. Perfect EVs and some good IVs would probably make it replace your starter if you bred for them, but I understand if you don't want two of the same pokemon.

My vote goes out to getting a Mudkip/Swampert. It's unlikely that many of his pokemon will have grass moves, and swampert is pretty bulky. Not to mention he'll have super effective stab moves for all of the pokemon. If you EV train it, that in conjunction with Feraligator should be able to put a nice dent in his team.

Yeah i though that gyrados could be taken with rock attacks or electric moves so i didnt take it as an option, I think I will train my mudkip as you say or maybe my bulbasaur. Thanks for the tips