SkyFrigate (Talonflame) @ Sky Plate
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Some of you remember this team, many not, and it got switched a bit, how it looks now?

I'd run Adamant over Jolly on Talonflame-it's fast enough that you don't need the extra speed for Flare Blitz.

Dragonite gets completely walled by Fairies. Swap Substitute for Extremespeed or something. Steel types such as Scizor will also survive vs. it.

I feel as though you team is severely limited since you are not running a mega pokemon.

you could go for mega scizor instead of empoleon since it can heal up and also defog and a strong priority user.

if you keep empoleon you should get rid of protect and give it knock off since you already have good prediction skills and getting rid of pokemon items hurt them a lot.

overall tho not to bad

in fact, fairies don't cripple nite so much. he can just PP stall many of them to death and then use them as setup bait. Scald's burns also help.

protect is the only way empoleon has to recover health, and turns aegislash into free-health-recovery. Stealth Rock is important and the only priority I really feel to need is maybe Mach Punch for those pesky mega-Gyarados.

For the mega, i have one in the team, all I need is the stone to be released...

Um...No. Faries can and will cripple him. Sylveon will 2HKO at worst (hyper voice ignores subs) and the rest get Moonblast, which will always outdamage roost by a large amount, and lower atk.

As for Mega Latios, don't hold your breath. It's extremely unlikely that it will be released for quite some time, if at all. Jyst because something is in the game code, doesn't mean it will ever get released ingame. Lock Capsule/the 4th gen Flute/Shadow Tag Chandy.

As for the damage, that's why Multiscale is for...

I don't worry about time, in fact, Specs with Trick work damn well.

Moonblast sattack and doesn't matter

Fairies are uncommon amyway.

As for Play Rough, and in a burn and you can go in without fear.

Thanks for the iideas, anyway.

And plz dont mention Chandelure again, his death was the cause of my dissapear.

Edited by SJMistery

Yeah, fairies are more common than you think, and it doesn't matter HOW bulky Dragonite is, it won't beat a fairy with only dragon attacks.

Dragonite won't beat the fairy, the fairy will beat itself by Struggle recoil XDXDXD. Heatran is far more common than fairies so Iron Head and Fire Punch aren't good ideas for a monoattack.

Sylveon only can win if his Hyper voice manages to crit and get a max Rnd, or if goes offensive in which case it won't survive talonflame's Brave Birds for long.

In any case I can always resort to burn them with Scald and simply sit down while they die.

And Jolly on Talonflame has a good reason to be, which is an oposing Talonflame; who otherwise oneshots half my team.

Edited by SJMistery

*headdesk*. You're not understanding. Dragonite WILL die against a fairy, EVERY time. There is no wya it can win against any of the commonly used fairies. Even without any boosts, they will hit you for over half your hp each time, and most of them carry calm mind etc. Sylveon can kill Dragonite easily. Base 150 (incl STAB) SE hyper voice that ignores Subs. even a Sylveon with almost no special attack, you're still dead in 3 turns. HYper Voice has 90PP, so you won't be stalling ANYTHING.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hyper_Voice_%28move%29

As seen here, hyper voice does bypass substitute and I put your stats into the calculator. WHich as Secundum said is a 3 hit ko. Granted it is not guarented it is still a 3HKO.

4 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 130-154 (33.6 - 39.8%) -- 24.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Now this wouldn't be as bad if you could actually hit it. But since you have nothing that can hit all you can do is just roost. Which is just s terrible idea in general because they can just set up calm minds on you which then turns into this next out come.

+1 4 SpA Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 195-229 (50.5 - 59.3%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

And that's just at plus one. Imagine if dragonite is your last poke and they still have their sylveon. THey can set up all over you and slowly kill you. Now before you bring up status, sylveon has access to heal bell via breeding so it can just heal up the next turn after it wishes. So I would suggest switching either roost or substitute with either earthquake (for power) or extremespeed (for priority). Simply due to the fact that while the idea for bulky dragonite is good in theory, this one would rather have something that would not leave it helpless against sylveon.

Or Florges. Earthquake would help you when switching in on Mawile as well. (Mawile can ohko multiscale Dragonite, and is bulky enough to take most physical hits).

Oh yeah, I forgot. Even if Dragonite isn't your last mon, you're essentially giving Azumarill a free Belly Drum.

Well, when you lose to a fairy because he only has a Dragon Attack...Don't say I didn't warn you. And as said, they're at least forcing a switch, and potentially allowing them to buff.

As said before, you need a mega, and also, if you're only running 4SA on Aegislash, don't run Shadow Ball. 252SA/4Atk is ok, due to priority, but not the other way round.

From your previous comments it seems like you would keep one in. :/

Talonflame needs a different nature with less speed evs since it outspeeds everything else anyway, plus it has priority so max speed is not necessary. Perhaps put some more evs into its defences or HP? Plus Talon really needs as much attack as it can get due to only having base 81; so go adamant. It gives flame that extra kick it needs.

Edited by Shadyserpent269

Yeah, Jolly won't help you against other Talonflames. Due to gale wings, a lot of them tend to run max hp and no speed EVs (as they should outspeed 99% of what they'd use flare blitz on). This will allow them to tank a hit then OHKO your talon.

I would say Empoleon based on the fact you're carrying rocks on him, plus the fact that the only common lead you need to maybe worry about is Infernape who will outspeed and beat the fuck out of you with CC. (I lead with Jolteon, who will also give you trouble, but that's fairly uncommon.)