Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

exp share?

darkwaters33

Question

can someone help me please. i am on the wasteland gym but her dragalge is destroying me. is there any way that i can get an exp share to level up some of my lower level pokemon for this fight? Also am i able to breed pokemon yet because the magikarp i bought early in the game has a nature that lowers its attack stat so i would like to breed another to get a better nature? thank you

12 answers to this question

There's no way to get EXP share at your point unless you get REALLY lucky at the lotto corner. As for the Breeding question, yes, you are able to breed pokemon so long as you have two of opposite genders in compatible egg groups and the daycare couple has been freed. Also, in the house across the street from the poke-center and daycare place is a girl willing to trade a ditto for a furret (Sentret can be caught in the grass in the obsidia park around morning and leveled up to evolve into it.)

I'd offer more help, but it's late where I am, soooo....

well you CAN get an EXP share, however that's not until pretty late in the game. And I think you should be able to breed another magikarp, but don't take my word for it cuz I'm noob at breeding.

Might I suggest you get a Magnezone, Donphan, or a good psychic type such as Ralts (though the fairy typing makes facing Aya questionable). You can get a magnemite/magneton in Shade's gym and train it one more level inside his gym to evolve magneton to magnezone. Find a Phanpy outside of Corey's gym in Beryl Ward/Cemetary at day time (pretty rare so be patient). And then give Donphan common candies (6)/Move Relearner and let it learn Magnitude

There's no way to get EXP share at your point unless you get REALLY lucky at the lotto corner. As for the Breeding question, yes, you are able to breed pokemon so long as you have two of opposite genders in compatible egg groups and the daycare couple has been freed. Also, in the house across the street from the poke-center and daycare place is a girl willing to trade a ditto for a furret (Sentret can be caught in the grass in the obsidia park around morning and leveled up to evolve into it.)

I'd offer more help, but it's late where I am, soooo....

Is it a Ditto? Last time i saw it it was a Castform...

It's a Castform.

Whoops... sorry bout that. I never actually went through with the trade with her, and so when she said she was willing to exchange a morphing pokemon, I took it at face Value and assumed she ment ditto ._. Though, now I realize that Castform also fits that description...

Ame should really change that so in the next Episode, so She actually states that she's willing to trade a castform, because it's just plain miss-leading when she says "Morphing pokemon" (Actually, Her father called it that, but still, she didn't say exactly what it was...)

Anyway, why not try a good steel type, as beleive someone above me said already, Magnezone should do (Or empoleon, if you chose Piplup as a starter.) aanother is a Strategy I call "Phoenix Sweep".

It's effective if your team is a bit underlevel, or you want to evolve something (Though, the pokemon in question should have decent defenses to survive combat) I suggest spending all your cash on medicinal items before starting though, as one of the key points of this is to lose... Repeatedly, And it would be a shame if you lost all your cash during this process because you didn't invest wisely...

Anyway, here is a basic rundown

1. Before the major battle (I used this strategy to eventually beat Corey after three or four tries), Switch the lead of your party with the pokemon you intend to level up/evolve. (Again, should have decent defenses, as things could go bad and it may be forced to fight it's way out of the battle)
  2. Initiate the major battle
  3. After your lead is thrown in (Pokemon to be leveled) Switch it out with a stronger pokemon (Ex. For Corey, I sent in my level27 Teddiursa against his Trubish, then switched Teddiursa out immediately for Braxien)
  4. Use said stronger pokemon that has been chosen to defeat the Foe.
  5. When prompted, send out the intended leveler again, repeat steps 3-5 as nessacary, throwing in other members of the party when strategically valuable (Ex. I sent in Pidgeotto to lower his Skunktank's Attack with Feather dance, lowering it's massive attack stat and making it safer for other's to come in and finish it off. Pidgeotto fainted in the process, but it's like I said before, lossing is key)
  6. Eventually, you'll be brought to your last stand if you aren't strong enough to finish the fight in your favor. You'll lose. Don't get discouraged, You barely lost any cash because you didn't have any if you followed my advice on buyig medicine. (Note: For steps 1-6, it is vital that you lose little to none healing products, as those should be saved for the real fight.) Get back in there and rematch. Lose again, but you still come out of the fight with some levels gained if you played your cards right. Keep on persevering until you feel your strong enough to stop this charade and actually fight seriously. (By the time I finished with this technique on Corey, Braxien, Emolga, And Teddiursa had gone up by about 3-4 levels, and Teddiursa evolved into urasing. We went in there and Crushed corey in five minutes the next time we fought him.)
  7. This should work just fine against any other leader/ Boss battle, some notes though:
  • since corey specialized in poison, I made sure that my ace (The one who was getting swaped in to handle the Foe.) had a good pyschic type move (Braxien had Psybeam, and actually learned psyshock thru gaining levels in the fight) Making taking the Enemy out much easier (Type effectivness is also quite important) Seeing as how Aya also specilizes in Poison, I suggest you get something that knows Either Psychic or Ground moves (Psychic is better, seeing as how her team is rather bulky and will better withstand Physical moves, as most Ground moves are)
  • Teddiursa got a big boost in power after evolving to urasing, which was my cue to crush the enemy at last.
  • As I said before, use the rest of your party as well, don't let them sit there. sent them out when they have moves that prove useful in a certain situation. If they faint, Good then. It will free up a share of the Exp for the others battling.
  • It's called phoenix sweep because you will fail time and time again, but eventually rise up from your ashes more powerful and wiser to the opposing side than you were when you started.
Edited by Legendaries tamer

Whoops... sorry bout that. I never actually went through with the trade with her, and so when she said she was willing to exchange a morphing pokemon, I took it at face Value and assumed she ment ditto ._. Though, now I realize that Castform also fits that description...

Ame should really change that so in the next Episode, She actually states that she's willing to trade a castform, because it's just plain miss-leading when she says "Morphing pokemon" (Actually, Her father called it that, but still, she didn't say exactly what it was...)

Just a quick thing before i read the rest of your post:

I think the father mentions something about weather. But i'd have to check it first.

EDIT: That's actually a good strategy for the start of the game, IMO. Do you think it would be worthy, for example, against Luna? I'm talking more about the money than the level up.

Against Luna... Hmmm...

Maybe so, but there's one of those regenaration star things right outside the chamber where her battle takes place, so if one were to just ignore after the fight with bennet, come back after healing at a center... Well no, because that star has no use in battle.

Anyways... I think that by luna's point, it probably would by worthy in terms of ensuring you don't lose money after losing the battle. As for whether it'll be as usefull in terms of leveling... I dont know, it'll probably depend on what one is using on their team, as Luna's team can be pretty merciless if you give them the chance... Making it near impossible in some situations to stick to the strategy instead of trying to fend them off. (Especially that Humpty-dumpty! Stonewalled me a bunch a times before I managed to lucky-shot it and crush luna)

I'd reccomend following the economic Advice before facing her, But as you said, It's a good strategy for the Beginning parts of the game. so it's probably not smart to try and use her for a Phoenix Sweep. At that point in the game, It'll be far safer to just take an underlevel pokemon to someplaces like beneath the grand stair and Route1 to train it up in leveled increments, instead of in quick burst in heated battles like the Phoenix Sweep does.

I dont know, it'll probably depend on what one is using on their team, as Luna's team can be pretty merciless if you give them the chance... Making it near impossible in some situations to stick to the strategy instead of trying to fend them off. (Especially that Humpty-dumpty! Stonewalled me a bunch a times before I managed to lucky-shot it and crush luna)

I'd reccomend following the economic Advice before facing her, But as you said, It's a good strategy for the Beginning parts of the game. so it's probably not smart to try and use her for a Phoenix Sweep. At that point in the game, It'll be far safer to just take an underlevel pokemon to someplaces like beneath the grand stair and Route1 to train it up in leveled increments, instead of in quick burst in heated battles like the Phoenix Sweep does.

Hmm. I'll start my second run of Reborn soon, and i'll try to use this tactic. It looks good.

I guess i can save, for example, before Luna and see how this tactic goes. Yeah, i guess i'll do that. Kudos to you Tamer, i like this tactic a lot.

Hmm. I'll start my second run of Reborn soon, and i'll try to use this tactic. It looks good.

I guess i can save, for example, before Luna and see how this tactic goes. Yeah, i guess i'll do that. Kudos to you Tamer, i like this tactic a lot.

Tamer, your tactic have sort of saved my ass from shade. restarted( field effects) the game and just got my 1st badge, I'll consider this tactic for my noibat.

Well, Glad that other people find my tactic useful as well :rolleyes: .

@ Omega, good luck with that Noibat, man... I tried raising one on my last play through. It was absolutely awful... The damn thing evolves at level48, which isn't uncommon for a dragon type... But that thing, it aint like other dragons. It will be 48 levels of pure hell; It's stats are horrible all around, making it virtually useless in the mid to late part of the games battles, You're going to spend a very long while babying that thing.

Even With the Tactic I proposed above, it will still be rather unsavory raising it, as by it's early thirties(IIC), the thing will need about 4500 exp to go up a level...

Just thought it fair to warn you. I myself ended up putting the thing in daycare, then leveling it up by one to see it evolve... Even as a Noivern, it still proved rather useless at that point in my playthrough. Now it rots in a storage PC box on my old playthrough file.

Please, my freind, save yourself the grief and frustration. Noibat... It is not like the deino-line, where you'll work your ass of getting it to it's final form, but will be more than happy with the pay off. You'll do alot of work, rest assured, but the payoff from this one will be poor enough to make you want to throw yourself off the Beryl Bridge in utter frustration.

Feel free to built your team how you want, however. That review sounds harsh, but it's how I think of Noibat after using it myself, it's Just my two cents. :Kappa: