Any other games as good as pokemon reborn?

MacJames

Oh yeah, I forgot: there are Inverted Red, Fire Red, Crystal and Emerald. Basically these games are just the same, with one small difference: everything is Inverted. Like in the battle mode Inverted, meaning Normal is super effective against Steel and Poison not very effective against Grass etc. And if you're going to play the Red one... Be prepared. It doesn't use the new type chart, but it turned around the terrible type chart of gen I. I say again: be prepared.

Pokemon ash grey is great but it has a lot of bugs, also glazed is really fun, zeta is nice but sooner or later you will have to start grinding :(, also super pokemon eevee is great but it isn't finished yet :( and pokemon my ass will make you lol a lot, but as everyone said there is not any game as good as reborn.

If you are looking for another Pokemon hack with a dark story and deep characters like Reborn, then you're going to have a hard time finding one.

Most hacks of Pokemon are of a humorous nature or keep the surface-level storytelling of the original games. Glazed, Zeta/Omicron and Snakewood are some of the more popular hacks of this nature.

Everyone has an opinion on that question. Some say no. Some say yes. Some say it is very hard to find one as good. In my opinion, of course there is! I loved playing Pokémon Brown (a hack of Red). Stuff by Koolboyman is good. Pokémon Orange is a good one too.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I played through Zeta and I liked it but it didn't stand out from the crowd as much as I thought it would. Some cool features like Secret Base and 120 level cap but I didn't love the story or the grinding. Wasn't as rewarding as Reborn grinding. As for other RPG maker ones, Pokemon Godra is the only other fan game that comes close to Reborn - it's choice driven, with a jobs and a relationship & good/evil system. I like it a lot! Also Pokemon Sage is worth a try. It's a game made by /vp/ on 4chan which means it's got a lot of talent and work going into it, but it's only in the first beta and goes up to the first gym. The entire dex is Fakemon, but good Fakemon. Another one with an entirely Fakemon dex is Solar Light/Lunar Dark which is an okay game (lots of grammatical errors) but the most incredible Fakemon I've ever seen in my life. Overall, Reborn and Godra are the best. Most ROM hacks I've played I'd say don't come even close to the RPG Maker games, but I've heard Glazed is good and I like Light Platinum, Flora Sky, and Ruby Destiny.

But to answer the OP, I honestly don't think any game out there is as good as Reborn

Edited by wowireallylovesweaters

As good as reborn?

I don´t think so ^^

Fun ones?

Sure, there are. You could try difficulty hacks, which might spice up the game if they´re done well. Blaze Black 2 and Firered Omega are two examples that were fun, the latter one being a bit easier though. Blaze Black 2 can be difficult though, if you play that with that hard mode (Gym-leaders with six pokemon ^^)

You could also try Dark Rising, Glazed and Flora Sky, those are pretty good hacks. Advanced adventure is also a hack that is good enough to play.

If you prefer retro-style, then try Pokemon Brown or Prism, those are good as well ;) They´re gbc hacks, with brown featuring a whole new region and prism has even newer pokemon in the style of g/s sprites ^^

(Prism is unfinished and work in progress, though...)

If none of those works, then either play reborn again or try "pokemon my ass" version (It really exists.. O_o)

Pokemon Adventure Red is a neat Romhack that follows the plot of the pokemon manga. Unfinished but one of the most interesting out of the romhacks I've played.

Zeta/Omnicron and Glazed are both okay, but sorta bland. Both well made games, but after playing so much pokemon just offering a lot of shit to fight and a large selection of pokemon ain't going to do it for me.

Reborn's daunting challenges make me feel like I'm 7 again. I know pokemon inside out and yet it still manages to kick my ass. That's a good feeling.

Don't see why people say Snakewood is good, though. Absolute garbage.

Edited by Ultra

• Support Squad

Zeta/Omicron, the game is hella long and took me 110 hours to complete. 2 regions and an amazing story line

I will say Zetacron was good, it was pretty innovative with the mechanics and was really developed, but that storyline was Ass,sorry, but it really was.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Support Squad

Hasn't anyone mentioned Pokémon Aegis and Pokémon Rejuvenation yet?

They're both inspired by Pokémon Reborn. Aegis is made by crashteamalphing and Rejuvenation is by SuperJanBro, if you wanna find either of them they're in the Pokémon Fan Club section but I don't know what either of them are like entirely right now because I've only played the first few moments of both of them (Because I'd asked both game-creators if I could start the very first online playthrough of Aegis and Rejuvenation on my Youtube and they said go for it so I wanna save the full experience for my videos~ This is my channel in case anyone wants to see what the games are like when I start uploading the playthroughs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXfENjir_s2Q9ORKsHQCKcA ) But both of them don't just sound good because they're made in the shadow of Reborn, but they both actually look pretty good:D

I wouldn't ask the game-creators if I could start playing it as my first pokémon game playthrough on Youtube if the games didn't look good :') So I think both games are at least worth a look at, whether you have a peek at them on the forums or on my channel when I start uploading the playthrough

I don't mean to insult the creators, but it's still too early to say anything imo. At this stage there hasn't been enough development or, in a way, commitment. I've known plenty of people who thought "Yeah, I'll make a pokemon game" And after 3 months they dropped it flat. Not sayin' that'll happen, but hey, shit happens.

So this is still alive? Okay then. Time to post something that isn't a real fan-made game, but yet another one of those hacks. Pokemon Sweet Version: a Fire Red hack. Google it, you won't be disappointed.

Or if you're lazy, here's a link: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=332437

Edited by Pineapple

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I'm not sure if I can suggest something "as good as" Reborn", but I can suggest some hacks/games. Also keep in mind, it's a matter of subjective judgement.

Right now I'm playing Emerald Omega. It's basically Emerald with Physical/Special split and some later gen moves/abilities. It's a nice challenge, because there's no ridiculous level curve, but the bosses have good movesets and teams. I think the latest version has Fairy type as well (I have the slightly older version so I'm not sure.) I've always loved Emerald so I was really excited about this.

Liquid Crystal has a lot to do. There's Kanto, Johto, and then Orange Islands and diving and dismembering criminal organizations and stuff. Arguably, the more interesting part starts after the Elite Four is beaten. You have a bunch of rivals, and some of them

become evil

and even worse,

try to steal your legendaries.

It's fun. If you want a more difficult version, there's Shiny Gold X, but it doesn't have Physical/Special split.

Also, I personally loved Blaze Black 2/Volt White 2, as well as Sacred Gold/Storm Silver. These are nds games. It's been a while since I played them so I can't really give a very good description but I remember being hooked to them for a time.

Edited by Amber132