Mafia's Squad

PerfectMafia

Hello all, I’m in need of advice as to which combination of my Pokémon will help me defeat Aya.

I can get through her Muk & Nidoqueen if they come out, Tentacruel I forget about until it Confuse Ray’s my team, whatever her mystery twosome is, and...Dragalge.....the evil one that has ruined each attempt.

This is my first playthrough, and Aya has been wiping out my last five teams [Gyarados, Blaziken, Garbodor, Mime Jr, Machamp, Weezing/Skorupi/Muk/Shedinja/Heatmor].

So...The list of every Pokémon I’ve caught follow here.

In Party

1. Mawile – Level 33 [Currently training]

2. Garbodor – Level 42

3. Gyarados – Level 45

4. Blaziken – Level 45

5. Growlithe – Level 28 [Just picked up from Day-Care Center]

6. Vulpix – Level 28 [Just picked up from Day-Care Center]

Box 1

Panpour – Level 3

Cleffa – Level 5

Whismur – Level 5

Hoothoot – Level 7

Pansear – Level 5

Azurill – Level 5

Glameow – Level 15

Carnivine – Level 18

Lotad – Level 15

Ditto – Level 5

Pidgey – Shiny Level 21

EGG – I don’t remember

Pansage – Level 24

Teddiursa – Level 21

Koffing – Level 16

Happiny – Level 10

Pachirisu – Level 10

Goldeen – Level 10

Ducklett – Level 1

Beautifly – Level 11

Poochyena – Level 12

Budew – Level 13

Zigzagoon – Level 15

Skitty – Level 15

Ekans – Level 15

Stunky – Level 15

Minun – Level 15

Box 2

Makuhita – Level 18

Kricketune – Level 29

Slugma – Shiny Level 32

EGG – I don’t remember

EGG – I don’t remember

Torkoal – Level 35

Beedrill – Level 18

Magcargo – Shiny Level 35

Cubone – Level 21

Herdier – Level 16

Espurr – Level 25

Box 3

Skorupi – Level 37

Muk – Level 35

Ninjask – Level 34

Shedinja – Level 34

Weezing – Level 38

Machamp – Level 36

Zubat – Level 35

Gallade – Level 29

Heatmor – Level 42

Mime Jr – Level 41

Right now, I’m thinking of keeping Mawile on my team when I try again after leveling it up to 40-42 because of it's immunity to poison...Gyarados sticks around because of his ability to one-shot Nidoqueen & remove half of Muk/Dragalge’s health with Ice Fang....Blaziken might be taken out if only because after helping to end Muk, he normally gets eliminated by Dragalge on its first turn.....Grabodor is sticking around tentatively, all it knows is Poison Moves though...Shedinja might be brought back to the line-up for another try, hopefully Dragalge doesn’t hit it with Shadow Ball straight away again.....

Yeah, I need help since I’ve been getting indecisive over who to bring with me to face Aya again, who to leave behind, and who to train up to face her.

Well, you should get a Venonat and train it to Venomoth. Then let it learn Quiver Dance. Also you should get Corey´s Croagunk with Dry Skin as abillity, Nasty Plot and Mud Bomb. Then put Muk to sleep (and mayby Leech Seed) and Proceed to Sweep her Team with Venomoth and Toxicroak. That´s how I did it. But only if you don´t mind catching 2 new Pokemon. also you need a Heart Scale for Quiver Dance.

To get Croagunk:

Get the Silver Ring from Corey´s Gym, then go to the cave at Shade´s Gym. There it is. If it doesn´t have Dry Skin --->Reset.

Edited by Yazmat

Get a Magneton by evolving it from Magnemite from Shade's gym, train it one more level to evolve it to Magnezone (inside Shade's gym only) for a worthy addition to your team.

You may also want to consider getting a Donphan. Phanpy's can be found in Beryl Ward/Cemetery grass (pretty rare though), evolve it at level 25 and use 6 common candies to lower its level so it learns Magnitude (because it destroys shit until Donphan learns earthquake). You can also go to Move Tutor and teach Donphan thunder/fire fang to cover a weakness or 2.

It's all up to you for consideration. Hope I helped

If Confuse Ray is giving you grief, you might want to catch something that can use Safeguard? Pretty sure it's a TM that's available rather early on, and it'll also do away with the odd poisoning you get from Sludge Wave. Pretty much any Psychic-type can learn it, so you probably have at least one thing that can.

Obligatory mention of Light Screen weakening Sludge Wave, too- that helped me a good deal in my most recent battle against her.

• Veterans

Try investing in training a camerupt that is what did the trick for me keep it away from dragalge, tentacruel and nidoqueen tough those things have nasty atttack that can hurt i badly enough to K.O it

Get a Magneton by evolving it from Magnemite from Shade's gym, train it one more level to evolve it to Magnezone (inside Shade's gym only) for a worthy addition to your team.

You may also want to consider getting a Donphan. Phanpy's can be found in Beryl Ward/Cemetery grass (pretty rare though), evolve it at level 25 and use 6 common candies to lower its level so it learns Magnitude (because it destroys shit until Donphan learns earthquake). You can also go to Move Tutor and teach Donphan thunder/fire fang to cover a weakness or 2.

It's all up to you for consideration. Hope I helped

Uh Ace Magnezone is since episode 10 only available (correct me if i am wrong but this is what happens to me) after you beat EL and his Arceusified Ditto.

You have to go to the Area where Saphira walks out of after Noel asks you to look for her and look for the YUREYU key and THEN go back to the good ole Plant

Edited by Azery123

Uh Ace Magnezone is since episode 10 only available (correct me if i am wrong but this is what happens to me) after you beat EL and his Arceusified Ditto.

You have to go to the Area where Saphira walks out of after Noel asks you to look for her and look for the YUREYU key and THEN go back to the good ole Plant

Right, but it's before the EL battle...

Pretty sure it's right after you beat the PULSE Abra and then beat Noel...

@Mafia Even if you already passed Aya, will see if i can recommend something for the future...

• Veterans

Right, but it's before the EL battle...

Pretty sure it's right after you beat the PULSE Abra and then beat Noel...

@Mafia Even if you already passed Aya, will see if i can recommend something for the future...

Huh icould swear i tried after noel it was just a normal rock after beating El and his Arceusfieed Ditto i could finally get magnezone

watch it yourself noel it is just a normal rock till you beat El

Edited by Azery123

Huh icould swear i tried after noel it was just a normal rock after beating El and his Arceusfieed Ditto i could finally get magnezone

watch it yourself noel it is just a normal rock till you beat El

Oh yeah, Ame's changing stuff in the game... That's because Saphira "opens the hole" after you beat Noel, so yeah...

I think the rock becomes a rock smash rock after you beat Radomus... I have to test it though...

If Confuse Ray is giving you grief, you might want to catch something that can use Safeguard? Pretty sure it's a TM that's available rather early on, and it'll also do away with the odd poisoning you get from Sludge Wave. Pretty much any Psychic-type can learn it, so you probably have at least one thing that can.

Obligatory mention of Light Screen weakening Sludge Wave, too- that helped me a good deal in my most recent battle against her.

I'm the kind of guy who tries to purely power-through every single opponent....so adopting the Safeguard/Light Screen method will be difficult for me, since I want to punish opponents....but screw it! I'll try anything with Reborn!!!

Try investing in training a camerupt that is what did the trick for me keep it away from dragalge, tentacruel and nidoqueen tough those things have nasty atttack that can hurt i badly enough to K.O it

Camerupt eh?....well, I'll go for it and add it to a squad I send on my next try at Aya!

Any future recommendations will be swell!

~

I have not gotten around to any suggestions so far because I wanted to have a second save started with Froakie....and so far, that game is going well enough to sustain interest.

Anyways, making short list here of the suggestions I'm gonna try:

• Venonaut -> Venomoth
  • Croagunk - .....I think I might have sold that ring for some money.....needed the money for more Pokeballs & Potions around the time of the volcano...
  • Magnemite -> Magneton
  • Phanpy -> Donphan
  • Psychic type w/ Safeguard
  • Numel -> Camerupt

It's been 3 days since the last post here by me...so I hope I'm allowed to post a follow-up to my last post.

I almost managed to beat Aya. UGH, her Gengar got lucky! My Blaziken was poisoned and had a sliver of health after getting hit by Gengar's Focus Blast...I thought Blaziken would connect with his Blaze Kick...but he missed and fainted due to poisoning.....

Anyways, my team for this attempt was:

1. Magneton - Level 35; focused mainly on riding field of Tentacruel; fainted due to a lucky confusion after Tentacruel fainted
  2. Mawile - Level 38; focused mainly on riding the field of Tentacruel, afterwards used Crunch/Shadow Ball as need be until fainting
  3. Gyarados - Level 45; brought out & wiped out Nidoqueen, Muk, and Dragalge! Actually ended Dragalge with ONE Ice Fang! Looks like 2 faintings power him up enough to end the major threat thanks to his Moxie ability, however a poisoning from Drapion caused him to faint the same turn he & Blaziken fainted Drapion
  4. Weezing - Level 38; Didn't do anything before getting fainted, NEEDS to be replaced
  5. Trubbish - Level 42; Extra body on the field, love Trubbish now-a-days but this gym is his match. Might need a replacement for his spot, preferably high health Pokemon who can take blows
  6. Blaziken - Level 45; Came out & tagged with Gyarados to end Drapion before falling to Gengar

This run helped more than it seems because I finally, FINALLY, found out all of her Pokemon [Last few times, I never got past seeing 4 of them...now I've got all 6 written down] and it showed what type might work & won't work on my next attempt.

~

Previous recommendations I'm gonna try as soon as I catch them:

• Phanpy/Donphan
  • Numel/Camerupt: Where may I find a Numel? Thinking it's the obvious answer of the Volcano, but doesn't hurt to ask! :D
  • Venonaut/Venomoth

• Veterans

It's been 3 days since the last post here by me...so I hope I'm allowed to post a follow-up to my last post.

I almost managed to beat Aya. UGH, her Gengar got lucky! My Blaziken was poisoned and had a sliver of health after getting hit by Gengar's Focus Blast...I thought Blaziken would connect with his Blaze Kick...but he missed and fainted due to poisoning.....

Anyways, my team for this attempt was:

1. Magneton - Level 35; focused mainly on riding field of Tentacruel; fainted due to a lucky confusion after Tentacruel fainted
  2. Mawile - Level 38; focused mainly on riding the field of Tentacruel, afterwards used Crunch/Shadow Ball as need be until fainting
  3. Gyarados - Level 45; brought out & wiped out Nidoqueen, Muk, and Dragalge! Actually ended Dragalge with ONE Ice Fang! Looks like 2 faintings power him up enough to end the major threat thanks to his Moxie ability, however a poisoning from Drapion caused him to faint the same turn he & Blaziken fainted Drapion
  4. Weezing - Level 38; Didn't do anything before getting fainted, NEEDS to be replaced
  5. Trubbish - Level 42; Extra body on the field, love Trubbish now-a-days but this gym is his match. Might need a replacement for his spot, preferably high health Pokemon who can take blows
  6. Blaziken - Level 45; Came out & tagged with Gyarados to end Drapion before falling to Gengar

This run helped more than it seems because I finally, FINALLY, found out all of her Pokemon [Last few times, I never got past seeing 4 of them...now I've got all 6 written down] and it showed what type might work & won't work on my next attempt.

~

Previous recommendations I'm gonna try as soon as I catch them:

• Phanpy/Donphan
  • Numel/Camerupt: Where may I find a Numel? Thinking it's the obvious answer of the Volcano, but doesn't hurt to ask! :D
  • Venonaut/Venomoth

Yup Numel can be found as a COmmon encounter in the Volcano its about lvl 32-35

• Phanpy/Donphan
  • Venonaut/Venomoth

Azery already told you about Numel, which is at the Pyrous Mountain/event in North Peridot. Phanpy can be found in the Beryl Cemetary and the area east of that. Lastly, Venonat can be found at the Rooftop Garden in Onyx.

about other option gastrodon, replace your trubbish with this bulky swamp tank. good to 4 of 6 aya's pokemon. shellos is at the island where you fight the duo for the 3rd time

Gastrodon? Never used one before.....alright, might put it into my planned team for the next time I challenge her. Right now, I'm grinding the decided upon slots on my team up to 40s.

Current Planned Team:

1. Magneton
  2. Mawile
  3. Gyarados - After leveling up to 47 for Hyper Beam and then Common Candying back to Level 44....
  4. Blaziken - After leveling up to 49 for Brave Bird and then Common Candying back to Level 44....MIGHT go for Sky Uppercut as well, tbh, if I'm going to over-level Blaziken....thank god my Teddiursa that languished in the Poke-Boxes has Pick-Up....
  5. Camerupt
  6. UNUSED SPOT - Gastrodon, Trubbish, Venomoth, Phanpy/Donphan, or Golbat [or Crobat if it levels up with enough happiness....]
Edited by PerfectMafia

LORD HAD MERCY!!!! :D :D :D

I did it finally! Thank God I found the miner who gives out Miner Kits...mined up a rock, lo and behold one of the keys to my victory...a Max Revive..... :)

Team that wiped Aya out consisted of:

• Mawile

Level 42 at Gym start...Level 43 at end.

Adamant nature, has Hyper Cutter ability.

Knows: Charge Beam, Crunch, Shadow Ball, and ViceGrip

• Magneton

Level 44 at Gym start & end.

Gentle nature, has Sturdy ability.

Knows: Mirror Shot, Flash Cannon, Electro Ball, and Spark

• Golbat

Level 45 at Gym start & end.

Bashful nature, has Inner Focus ability.

Knows: Poison Fang, Acrobatics, Swift, and Air Cutter

• Gyarados

Lonely nature, has Moxie ability.

Knows: Hyper Beam, Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail, and Ice Fang

• Blaziken

Quiet nature, has Speed Boost ability.

Knows: Blaze Kick, Brave Bird, Rock Smash, and Double Kick

• Camerupt

Level 35 at Gym start & end.

Bold nature, has Anger Point ability.

Knows: Rock Slide, Earth Power, Lava Plume, and Take Down.

~

Thank you all for suggestions, guys. Even though I didn't get to some like Venomoth or Gastrodon....the fact you guys gave suggestions make me happy and....worried about the future gym battles.....