Shade's Gym Spoils the Game

Timber Dragon

Anna's not schizophrenic. She's psychic!

She senses and sees things related to people's personalities, minds, and emotions. For instance, she repeatedly talks about burn scars on Charlotte's face, even though the other characters can confirm that she has nothing of the sort. What Anna is actually seeing are the scars on Charlotte's psyche. Ever since her parents perished in the house fire, Charlotte has been harboring a deep regret for accidentally causing the fire, which is reflected in the burn scars that Anna sees.

There's certainly no denying that Anna has some form of sixth sense, but I don't think it would attribute Nomos and Nostra the ability the speak. To further prove your point, Anna is the Psychic Gym Leader (in the League).

Regardless of it being a psychiatric matter or that of of the sixth sense, Shade probably doesn't have to change for Anna to find him appealing.

• Administrators

As a confirmation of sorts, Anna was diagnosed as Schizophrenic. Noel as having Asperger's, Laura is OCD, and Charlotte has Conduct Disorder.

Of course, these come from Sigmund, so feel free to disregard all of them.

As a confirmation of sorts, Anna was diagnosed as Schizophrenic. Noel as having Asperger's, Laura is OCD, and Charlotte has Conduct Disorder.

Of course, these come from Sigmund, so feel free to disregard all of them.

I actually kind of buy Laura as having OCD. Having sets of eight really seems important to her.

I wonder what Saphira was.

The "good" Doctor may not have the best methods when it comes to treatment, but you can't say he doesn't have skill at making a diagnosis. All four of those are very believable.

For instance, Noel is "losing" the ability to "hear" Nomos, and is often times trying to correct his sisters visionary or auditory ticks

Laura has the "ticks" of someone who would be diagnosed with OCD.

...Charlotte may be the patient Sigmund least understands, and thus might be the most debatable diagnosis present. Aforementioned was the episode where Anna mentions her "scars"... Her emotional psyche's that is. Charlotte could actually be in the "anger" stage of the Kubler-Ross cycle of guilt, or could justify her conduct by totally attributing it to her hatred of Sigmund. This leads me to Saphira...

Saphira might have Post-Traumatic Embitterment Disorder, which is modeled after PTSD. Remember when Charlotte burned the house down? That's one unfortunate event that probably had an effect on the entire family, and Saphira is no different. With her though, we know her by her famous quote. "Revenge is a dish best served...Now." and we know that even after killing half of Team Meteor's work detail that she isn't even remotely close to quenched when it comes to vengeance.

The only suggested form of "possible" treatment is "wisdom therapy", and I am willing to bet that while an orphan, Sigmund didn't go that route in the slightest, thus, heres what we must assume would remain with Saphira after she was released.

- a lust for Vengeance

- an attachment to what she still possesses (in this case, think Family)

- a resistance to change (this one is a stretch, but think of taking on the entirety of Team Meteor and killing people before moving out of the house.)

- a bitter demeanor (we can't really say Saphira is all roses.)

In a way, she's a lot like Charlotte, but seems more reserved. This is referred to as embitterment, as opposed to active rage. That's about as close as I could come up with though, so hopefully watching Dr. Hilda embarrass herself by providing a diagnosis entertained you all. :)

Going back to Shade being an all-knowing Messiah, I find the speculation of his entity to be rather fascinating. Perhaps he is like Mew: evasive, friendly, and simply there to have a good time- in his own warped sense. Though, why is it that he would reside in a power plant? I doubt it is solely because Rotom needs a place with electric charge. A better location would be an abandoned factory in Peridot, no? As one character in the game put it "No one goes in and no one ever comes out, but still the smoke rises", clearly suggesting the place is empty and deserted. In addition, if Shade is of malicious intent, then haunting people in a city who come in would be satiating to him. Rotom could easily find more appliances in a factory than a power plant.
Anywho, there are far too many holes in who he is to draw conclusions. Why did he convince Luna to run away? Why tend to only the dead? Why use Corey as a Pokemon (Is this to show the player that, yes, he knows all)? And the biggest question...

What's on his iPod?

There's nothing to suggest Shade -really- has that big of a role in the story. He's very restricted in dialogue, which doesn't help lorehounds in the slightest when it comes to pinpointing his purpose in the story.

What we do know is that he is the active custodian of death for the Reborn Region, as well as the acting Ghost gym leader for the region, and that he is pretty good at predicting future events. We know that he has a relationship with Luna and the twins that is seemingly positive, and that Corey is now one of his active Pokemon. Finally, we know that if the player character needs a favor of Shade *such as turning on the power so that the railnet door to the Yureyu building would open up* he would oblige.

Shade's role to the player character is to reveal the consequences of some action, it seems to me. Let's roll through the footage again.

Corey: The player character seemingly disagrees with Corey's ideals, and then defeats the Gym leader in battle. *Beginning a cycle of dismay* Then, Heather bursts in and announces that she is leaving Corey for good and takes off. This action combined with the feeling of defeat leads Corey to take his own life, leaving the player character partially responsible.

Kiki: Cain is unable to stop Team Meteor alone at the top of Mt. Pyrous, but is able to stall just long enough for the player and Victoria to reach the top of the Volcano. The player and Victoria then stall for more time enough for Kiki herself to make her way up to the top. This means that the Camerupt on the PULSE machine has lost valuable time to simply destroy Apophyll Beach. The player loses to (or bores, depending on the outcome) Solaris, and Kiki is forced to intervene. Cal is ordered to stop her Medicham from attacking the Camerupt, and as result Medicham is thrown into the volcano, followed by Solaris' Garchomp slaying Kiki. Because the player and Victoria arrived at the right time, Kiki was killed via Garchomp (don't feel too bad, she could have been one of the MANY dead on Apophyll via lava instead.)

There is no real way to know for sure what Shade's motives really are.

All I can say is that if Anna says she trusts someone, I'm going to feel very inclined to side with her.

Perhaps, when Anna encounters Radomus while we're around, we'll learn more of his true intentions.

Edited by Foamy

There's nothing to suggest Shade -really- has that big of a role in the story.

You may not know this, having only just joined the forums (don't worry, I'm quite new myself ^_^) but there have been a few hints around the place, from people I consider to be in the know, that Shade has a much larger role in the story than we currently know. There was an event in previous episodes which revealed certain things about the future of the game (which has been removed now 'cause there were too many spoilers) and one in particular that I remember pertains to Shade and Luna. I won't go into any detail 'cause it was removed for a reason but if you do some digging on the forums or find an older episode (episode 10 should do it) I'm sure you'll find the answers.

Maaaybe... yeah, that's what I mean. But seriously, apparently Shade has a pretty big role to play. Or people be trolling.

Edit: Oh wait, I just realized that this is the topic in which you would need to dig... don't mind me I'm just an idiot. :lol:

Edited by Sheep93