I started playing Pokemon Reborn a few weeks ago even though I downloaded it back in the summer, I watched Shofu's and Nickaboo92's playthroughs and they didn't seem to have a problem with battling Taka. I'm stuck at the point where you battle him in the Malchous Forest. His team consists of Lileep, Tangrowth, and Chatot. My team consists of a level 24 Kirlia (with Confusion, Double Team, Charge Beam, and Magical Leaf), a level 25 Frogadier (with Water Pulse, Lick, Grass Knot, and Quick Attack), a level 24 Swirlix (with Tackle, Round, Fairy Wind, and Fake Tears), a level 25 shiny Trubbish (with Pound, Stockpile, Acid Spray, and Toxic Spikes), and a level 25 Budew (with Mega Drain, Growth, Water Sport, and Stun Spore). The sixth member of my team is a level 10 Purrloin I use as a Cut slave, which I needed to get to where I am now. Of course after collecting the Light Shard and jumping the ledge, I saved before walking into the grass tile which triggers the event. Because of this, I am now stuck between a ledge and an unfair battle, where his damn Tangrowth has ThunderShock and Magnet Bomb for whatever reason, and his Chatot with its frail 76/45/42 defenses cannot be broken by Frogadier's Protean Water Pulse and Quick Attack or Trubbish's Acid Spray. I've done multiple strategies, including spamming Double Team and Charge Beam with Kirlia until I got to +6 in both Evasion and Special Attack to deal with that damn Chatot, but since Tangrowth has Magnet Bomb and doesn't get OHKO'd by a +6 Confusion, it didn't work. I can't even paralyze Chatot who although is 2 levels higher still outspeeds Frogadier, who is Bashful nature and has a good amount of Speed EVs, OHKOs Budew with Chatter. I refuse to restart the game from the beginning, since I worked hard to get to where I was. What do I do?

I'm pretty sure someone can recommend SOMETHING for you... I can't, because:

1 - Your facing them in episode 11, not 9 like i did .-.

2 - It was a "long" time ago, so i don't remember exactly what i did...

3 - I had nothing special, just my normal team...

Anyway, i don't think this belongs into the Troubleshooting section... Moving to the "Reborn City" section...

I'm pretty sure someone can recommend SOMETHING for you... I can't, because:

1 - Your facing them in episode 11, not 9 like i did .-.

2 - It was a "long" time ago, so i don't remember exactly what i did...

3 - I had nothing special, just my normal team...

Anyway, i don't think this belongs into the Troubleshooting section... Moving to the "Reborn City" section...

I appreciate you doing what you can to help

hmmm... what are your equipments?

My bag consists of 9 Potions, 2 Antidotes, a Common Candy, 5 Paralyze Heals, an Aspear Berry, an X Sp.Def, and an X Speed.

I'm going to think a bit before i try to help you, but on this case:

Maybe you should lose to battle... So at least, you can go back and train your pokemons or get new ones... After all, if you want me to recommend something, i'm going to recommend "Gyarados", but well...

I'm going to think a bit, then i'll answer this again...

Glad to hear the problem's resolved Lazer, but the reason that the Tangrowth had Thundershock and Magnet Bomb is because that Tangrowth is a PULSE, and part of that is that they always have expanded movesets with moves they can never normally learn

Based on that, your best best would be: Using Gyarados... I mean, you probably have Dragon Rage on it, so it's a clean 2HKO...

I suppose you don't have any berries right? Hmm...

Also, here's a question: Did you save just before battling him, or you can go back?

Chatot was always a problem for me, no matter what. Even a Crobat can fail you if that thing sets up a nasty plot. And I also don't think the battle is any different from Episode 9. Regardless, I find those types of battles to be just a difficult as a gym battle.

I also had a similar occurrence to you, but my problem was that I forgot to save prior to the battle, and couldn't remember when I last saved. That being said, I just took the loss. Sure you lose a bit of cash, but you get some experience in defeating a few of his Pokes am i right?

Electric types are your savior against Chatot (and really everything in this game. Save one for Crobat later... and then a Thunderwave for Gengar after that...). If you can get a Thunderwave on one that early, all you need do is pray you don't fail your confusion check.

...and Kriketune is unfair until you reach Chatot. Spam that Fury Cutter all day~

Edited by Matanui3

Hey so I'm having a problem with Taka at Azurine island. I have in my team the following pokemon and am training a few more..

So which should i use?? that damn chatot is killing my team..

Trained

Greninja lvl44

Gyarados lvl44

Flygon lvl45

Toxicroak lvl44

roselia lvl44

mr. mime lvl44

In Training

smoochum lvl22

growlithe lvl25

luxray lvl35

pansear lvl39

helioptile lvl33

trubbish lvl30

i have with me a fire stone and a shiny stone to evolve my growlithe after training till lvl43 and thinking if i should evolve roselia.. Can i get a shiny stone again?

Greninja should be able to outspeed that Chatot... So, if you can do at least some damage with a pokemon first, then just send in Greninja and Water Pulse...

You can evolve Roselia if you want, but i think it's going to take a while to get another Shiny Stone (I had 2, i used 1 on my Minccino... the thing is that i don't remember where i found the other Shiny Stone .-.)

the place with the unowns?? i think its where i found mine but not toooo sure.. where else do you find it?? and thanks for the tips... have smack down on greninja.. will try using that and flygon..

Ok, I'm having ANOTHER problem with that fuckhead Taka and this time it's the Double Battle with him and ZEL. I reset a few times to get Growlithe as Adamant natured just to deal with ZEL's goddamn Glaceon. Why the hell does she have 3 Eeveelutions this early in the game? My first try, I dealt with ZEL's Pokes first and still got wrecked by that Chatot.

I don't exactly know how to get that Magikarp that the guy stole. I actually do want the Gyarados for when I face Solaris or whatever the heck his name is and that damn Garchomp

EDIT: I BEAT THEM FINALLY! I set up Toxic Spikes and then focused on ZEL's Pokemon first so I can isolate the Chatot and take it out with Diggersby.

Back when I fought them in Episode 10, I remember them giving me a lot of trouble too. At least, they did until I got Gardevoir. She kinda destroyed Taka quicker than I would've expected her to :P

hey lazer if you want that magikarp just go to the end of the peridot ward rail tracks.. there is a house near the big gate.. the thief will be there.. he will ask you to pay 5000 and then still not give you the fish.. you have to have a double battle with him and the fisherman... they are easy.. level 11 pokemon.. they will give it to you then..