Are we growing more apathetic?

Naphiro

I doubt it because the front page has a post of two people about to get married and a lot of people commented on it and showed their gratitude. But I for one care about things. I care about money, power, social status, myself, accolades, and my possessions and how to get more and leave none for anyone else. If people really do stop caring then that means more stuff for me.

Edited by Greed_Demon

Seems that as the world turns more and more each day, we just care less and less about each other and about ourselves.

We've all been as apathetic as the first humans. It's literally based on the person and whether he/she wants to care or not.

Edited by Magikarpkiller

I doubt it because the front page has a post of two people about to get married and a lot of people commented on it and showed their gratitude. But I for one care about things. I care about money, power, social status, myself, accolades, and my possessions and how to get more and leave none for anyone else. If people really do stop caring then that means more stuff for me.

The first part is great; the second part is irritating.

Anyways, I disagree. In fact in my own experiences, we've been becoming less apathetic. Personally, I care much more about the people around me and myself then I did three months ago, even. Although to be fair, that's about when I joined Reborn and this place might be making me go insane as evident by the complete emotional turmoil I'm going through for absolutely zero reason. But I digress. While it's a longer period of time, look at, at least the USA's foreign policy. In the early 1800's, it was to stay out of everyone's business. Now today, the majority of the USA wants for the country to get involved in foreign affairs.

• 2 weeks later...

At the risk of necroposting i want to say there is usually complex reasoning behind most morally ambiguous actions. The greediest of men are typically putting food on the plate for more then one and enjoy spoiling there loved ones. Our actions can be morally flawed but perspective will almost always show complex reasoning. I disagree that everyone is caring less about each other but a rather when we break lines we do care, it's just a matter of perspective.
If you want an anime reference I guess you could say it's the curse of hatred (Uchiha curse), heartbreak leading men to believe destroying and rebuilding the world is for the better.

Don't let what you see on the news get you down. Stay positive and try show understanding, not negativity!

only in America!

It really varies from demographic to demographic. It would be too broad and presumptuous to say humanity as a whole is becoming more apathetic.

Edited by Legendaries tamer

I fear that I agree with Naphiro at this point. Not only am I seeing that people around me are slowly becoming more and more apathetic, I also found out that I am one of them too. I think that once was the primary reason I joined Reborn...to get away from the apathetic world that I call my life.