Poison Monotype Challenge

Yazmat

So, I decided to do also a topic about my Monotype Challenge. So far I beat Julia which wasn´t really so bad because Acid Spray is OP at the moment. Even so I think I could have outstall her with Oscar, Blommer and PepéLePew and Toxic would have killed her.

My Team so far:

ekans.gif

Plisken (Ekans)

Level 15

Lonely

Unnerve

Wrap

Glare

Poison Sting

Bite

trubbish.gif

Oscar (Trubbish)

Level 17

Brave

Stench

Pound

Poison Gas

Acid Spray

Toxic Spikes

ivysaur.gif

Bloomer (Ivysaur)

Level 17

Bold

Chlorophyll

Take Down

Sleep Powder

Leech Seed

Vine Whip

stunky.gif

PepéLePew (Stunky)

Level 15

Mild

Stench

Scratch

Smoke Screen

Poison Gas

Screech

For some reason I thought you can get Grimer before Julia but there isn´t any water where you can use your Old Rod.

Btw: Where do I ge those 3d Pictures of my Pokemon and put them in my post?

Edited by Yazmat

I actually considered doing a poison monotype challenge, but thought it was doomed to fail, but hey, that's me, so good luck on your challenge. Personally, I would use an Intimidate Ekans, since I don't find Unnerve useful. And Zubat. Crobat seems like an invaluable member to a poison team. Not sure where to get him after the update though, it might have changed :s

Thanks, but yeah I also thought it would be doomd to fail and I still think it is until I beat Corey and even then there is Aya. I would also like an Intimidate Ekans but it was so rare I just catched the first one I got. And Zubat got definitely moved. You can see it in the Pokedex. And Steeltypes are my bane until I got a Croagunk/Toxicroak or PepéLePew learns Flamethrower.

Edited by Yazmat

You can get the XY 3D sprites from poképaraiso, it's in spanish but it isn't hard to understand.

http://www.pkparaiso.com/xy/sprites_pokemon.php

You can get a easy Crobat from 10.1, recommend you to get that version (I cheated like that to get myself a Starly), and sorry, I have no idea about Grimer.

Good luck, your challenge seems a lot easier than mine.

Until the Steel and Psychic leader...

Nha, by the time he get to Radomus he will have Skuntank, Drapion, and another 4 pokemon with STAB to destroy de Gossip Gardevoir

Also, at least Poison got a decent STAB hitting something for SE damage, normal don't get anything, no resistances, no SE damage, and it's only inmunity is countered as that type is inmune to my STAB.

Edited by Hinaru-Sama

Just beat Florinia. Was harder than expected but still manage to beat her first try.

Got also 2 new Poke in my Team:

grimer.gif

Cookiemon (Grimer)

Level 22

Naive

Stench

Minimize

Mud Bomb

Disable

Sludge

venonat.gif

Mothra (Venonat)

Level 21

Sassy

Compoundeyes

Leech Life

Supersonic

Confusion

Poison Powder

Rest of my Team:

trubbish.gif

Oscar

Level 21

Brave Stench

Pound

Poison Gas

Toxic Spikes

Acid Spray

arbok.gif

Plisken (now Arbok)

Level 24

Lonely

Unnerve

Crunch

Glare

Acid

Bite

stunky.gif

PepéLePew

Level 21

Mild

Stench

Cut

Smoke Screen

Poison Gas

Screech

ivysaur.gif

Bloomer

Level 22

Bold

Chlorophyll

Take Down

Sleep Powder

Razor Leaf

Leech Seed

Oscar was really useless. Setting up Toxic Spike didn´t do anything to her because of her stupid Foongus. Mothra was also useless because it died to her Foongus Rollout (wanted to use it against her Breloom). Plisken was my Star at this battle and took out 3 of her Pokemon and crippled Cradily with Glare.

Now I need some recommendations for my next Pokemon. I think I go with with Venipede and switch it with Oscar. The only Problem i have, it leaves me with a huge fire weakness.

Also thanks Hinaru-sama for the Sprites. And no, Im not going to cheat for Zubat.

Edited by Yazmat

• Administrators

For some reason I thought you can get Grimer before Julia but there isn´t any water where you can use your Old Rod.

Sorry about that; the water became unfishable as of the 9.5 update and no one caught it until a few days ago. It's been fixed for 11

I don't think theres anything you can do for the fire weakness until you can grab a nido but yeah try to get a speed boost venipede it should help a lot. Also if you can move relearn quiver dance on to mothra when it evolves at 31.

Alright, then I must think of something for Cal

Edit:

Sunny Day isnt avaible as TM at the moment am I right? Could be really helpful for my Bloomer and PepéLePew after it learns Flamethrower

Edited by Yazmat

Won against Corey which was surprisingly easy besides his Crobat who killed 3 of my Pokemon. And his Grimer took me like 10 minutes or more to kill because of Minimize and Superpotion. Atleast I could set up Leech Seed against 4 of his Pokemon.

Also got a new Team Member:

budew.gif

Rosemary (Budew)

Level 25

Adamant

Poison Point

Stun Spore

Mega Drain

Grass Knot

Growth

If I would have known before I could get Rose Incense after i battled some random Girl I could atleast have a Roselia by now. He is the one who replaced Oscar.

Rest of my Team:

ivysaur.gif

Bloomer

Rose Incense

Level 27

Bold

Chlorophyll

Take Down

Razor Leaf

Sleep Powder

Leech Seed

arbok.gif

Plisken

Level 27

Lonely

Unnerve

Crunch

Stockpile

Glare

Acid

grimer.gif

Cookiemon

Level 27

Naive

Stench

Sludge Bomb

Disable

Minimize

Mud Bomb

stunky.gif

PepéLePew

Level 27

Mild

Stench

Cut

Slash

Toxic

Screech

venonat.gif

Mothra

Level 26

Sassy

Compoundeyes

Leech Life

Psybeam

Super Sonic

Poison Powder

In Box:

trubbish.gif

Oscar

Level 21

My hardest battle was the Double Battle against ZEL and Taka because of ZEL´s Glaceon and Espeon. I think I only managed to beat them because it was Sunny and Bloomer could bring Glaceon to sleep and use Leech Seed before it could use Icy Wind. Cookiemon did also disable Icy Wind in case Glaceon woke up and I must send in Bloomer. Against Espeon Grimer used Mud Bomb to sink his accuracy and Plisken killed it with Crunsh. After that it was only a matter of time until I won. Tooke me 3-4 tries.

Btw: Am I allowed to catch Luvdisc for Heart Scales?

Edited by Yazmat

Btw: Am I allowed to catch Luvdisc for Heart Scales?

No poison type learns Covet/Thief?

In case they don't... do it, just release them after taking their Scales.

EDIT: Also, you seem to have forgotten about Koffing, wich was catcheable before Florinia and Levitate may help you.

Edited by Hinaru-Sama

Didn´t forget about it. I just never saw one and thought it appears only at the Wasteland.

Appears in the only alleway in South Obsidia, going down from the Pokemon Center.

You can get one in level 15-18, if you want.

I don´t think Venipide is catchable before Corey because the Pokedex say´s Area Unknwon. Also I have already 2 Grass/Poison Types and I thought they wouldn´t contribute to my team but i think I´m going to catch them. Could be really helpful against Watertypes and Sigmunds Pokemon.

Edited by Yazmat

Managed to beat Shelly with relative ease. Would probably a Solo with PepéLePew if her Yanmega wouldn´t have managed to kill it. Atleast it managed to get a burn on Yanmega.

My Team:

skuntank.gif

PepéLePew (Skuntank)

Level 34

Mild

Stench

Slash

Toxic

Flamethrower

Acid Spray

grimer.gif

Cookiemon

Level 31

Naive

Stench

Sludge Bomb

Disable

Minimize

Mud Bomb

koffing.gif

Deathstar (Koffing)

Level 31

Timid

Levitate

Gyro Ball

Assurance

Clear Smog

Haze

venusaur.16.gif

Bloomer (Venusaur)

Level 33

Bold

Chlorophyll

Double Edge

Sleep Powder

Leech Seed

Petal Dance

venomoth.gif

Mothra (Venomoth)

Level 32

Sassy

Shield Dust

Leech Life

Quiver Dance

Psybeam

Sleep Powder

arbok.gif

Plisken

Level 32

Lonely

Unnerve

Crunsh

Stockpile

Acid Spray

Glare

Box:

trubbish.gif

Oscar

Level 21

roselia.gif

Rosemary (Roselia)

Level 31

beedrill.gif

Beekini (Beedrill)

Level 19

bellsprout.gif

James (Bellsprout)

Level 22

bellsprout.gif

Jamesjr.

Level 1

oddish.gif

Raddish (Oddish)

Level 23

Now I need to catch another Stunky and use it as HM Slave.

Edited by Yazmat

Go and catch Croagunk... now.

Also, when you beat Aya and release the Ghastly, your team will be OP.

Get one of the Nido's also (For dat Ground type) and pop = awesome team

Also, you can have a Dragon in the distant future (But Dragalge is not really that great...) and dat Mega Gengar in the super mega distant future = OP

There's also the always bulky yet hit strong Tentacruel, the fast Crobat, Dragalge isn't that bad hitting with a respectable 97 Base SpA (And get cool things like Dragon Pulse, Sludge Bomb, Hydro Pump, TBolt, Focus Miss and FREAKING ADAPTABILITY).

Yup, if you survive the derp pokemon until you beat Aya, this mono can be OP.

AME RELEASE THE MEGAKANGHY NOW, SO THE NORMAL MONOTYPE IS NOT UP ANYMORE.