Paragon Vs. Renegade

v_14_when

You are always by default in the paragon route. In order to even being able to choose the renegade route you need to do certain things like:

Spoiler

Not saving rift garbodor, pessuring Florin to use his powers, leting Karen and Karina die, having negative karma and negative relationship point with characters, etc.

But once you actually reach a certain point in the game, if you have met the requirements to choose the renegade route the game will leave it somewhat clear that you are choosing it and that you can choose to simply continue the paragon route even after all you did.

34 minutes ago, Nox Omen said:

You are always by default in the paragon route. In order to even being able to choose the renegade route you need to do certain things like:

Hide contents

Not saving rift garbodor, pessuring Florin to use his powers, leting Karen and Karina die, having negative karma and negative relationship point with characters, etc.

But once you actually reach a certain point in the game, if you have met the requirements to choose the renegade route the game will leave it somewhat clear that you are choosing it and that you can choose to simply continue the paragon route even after all you did.

Re: Florin:

Spoiler

HE HAS WHAT NOW?????!???????????????

1 hour ago, vampirevulpix said:

Re: Florin:

Hide contents

HE HAS WHAT NOW?????!???????????????

Darchlight cave has been revamped and...

Spoiler

People and Pokemon who fall down change forms and gain new abilities while in the cave. He only has powers while he is there.

3 hours ago, Nox Omen said:

Reveal hidden contents

Regarding Florin and Karrina in Renegade:

Spoiler

Whether you choose to have Florin and/or Karrina dead or alive affects how some parts in Renegade will play out. One whole segment will not be available if Karrina dies and one boss fight will play out differently depending on Florin's status by then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAF said:

Regarding Florin and Karrina in Renegade:

Hide contents

Whether you choose to have Florin and/or Karrina dead or alive affects how some parts in Renegade will play out. One whole segment will not be available if Karrina dies and one boss fight will play out differently depending on Florin's status by then.

I have played through the Paragon route but I'm still playing through the Renegade route (Got to Grand dream city today) so I don't know the intricacies about the former yet. But I heard that keeping Karina alive might be useful and I heard that 

Spoiler

Diancie and Genesect are obtainable in Renegade route, and since Diancie belonged to Karen, and was formerly stolen by Karina before she killed her, I assume keeping Karina alive amd letting Karen die is the key to being able to obtain it.

I also know that Talon has a rift form battle (couldn't avoid this information, Axiom Waltz was to much of a banger for me to ingore till I got there) and Florin is with him at the time of the battle so Florin being dead necessarily influences that moment even if not much.

No idea about genesect tho

Is it possible for Karen and Florin to be dead in Paragon and if so, how does it affect the events of that route, Karen's event in particular since

Spoiler

it's the legendary dog event?

I want to see this

Spoiler

and the Talon fight in renegade with Florin dead. 

On 11/21/2023 at 5:08 PM, Nox Omen said:

I have played through the Paragon route but I'm still playing through the Renegade route (Got to Grand dream city today) so I don't know the intricacies about the former yet. But I heard that keeping Karina alive might be useful and I heard that 

Hide contents

Diancie and Genesect are obtainable in Renegade route, and since Diancie belonged to Karen, and was formerly stolen by Karina before she killed her, I assume keeping Karina alive amd letting Karen die is the key to being able to obtain it.

I also know that Talon has a rift form battle (couldn't avoid this information, Axiom Waltz was to much of a banger for me to ingore till I got there) and Florin is with him at the time of the battle so Florin being dead necessarily influences that moment even if not much.

No idea about genesect tho

Re Genesect:

Spoiler

The bare minimum as not to spoil major plot points, is that there is an event in which Ren's robo avatar somehow becomes a sentient artificial lifeform separate from him and defeating it awards Genesect. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Is it possible for Karen and Florin to be dead in Paragon and if so, how does it affect the events of that route, Karen's event in particular since

Reveal hidden contents

it's the legendary dog event?

I want to see this

Reveal hidden contents

and the Talon fight in renegade with Florin dead. 

Spoiler

I could make a copy of my Renegade run save file and refusing to side with Clear and Kieran just to see what happens to the Karen event and then come back here.

About Florin, Dred has a vídeo showing the Talon fight depending on if Florin is dead or alive but I didn't watch it since I want to get through the whole route first.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2023 at 4:36 AM, Nox Omen said:
Spoiler

I could make a copy of my Renegade run save file and refusing to side with Clear and Kieran just to see what happens to the Karen event and then come back here.

That' d be dope if you're cool with it. 

On 11/23/2023 at 4:36 AM, Nox Omen said:
Spoiler

About Florin, Dred has a vídeo showing the Talon fight depending on if Florin is dead or alive but I didn't watch it since I want to get through the whole route first.

Oh, I saw the thumbnail for that. I need to watch that. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2023 at 6:28 AM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

That' d be dope if you're cool with it. 

Oh, I saw the thumbnail for that. I need to watch that. 

I ended up forgeting about this but Dred just released a video showing the difference. Alexandra actually has somewhat intresting dialog if Karen is dead.