Shadow pokemon heart gauge

Calentz

Was there an additional requirement to lower the heart gauge on shadow pokemon added in 13.5?  Before you just needed to have them in your party as you walk/battle and I've had that first meowth in my party for a while and it hasn't gone down at all.

They changed it so that the only really reasonable way to open a mons heart now is through the scents that Cairo sells - everything else that I've seen at least is obnoxiously slow and not worth the effort. It's possible the automated purification system has been pushed back for later in the game but otherwise you need to wait til chapter 5 if you don't like grinding wild mons, since walking either doesn't work any more or is so slow hatching a single egg progressed faster than the heart gauge lowering any. Even letting them soak experience passively seems to have been disabled.

10 hours ago, Tsungi said:

They changed it so that the only really reasonable way to open a mons heart now is through the scents that Cairo sells - everything else that I've seen at least is obnoxiously slow and not worth the effort. It's possible the automated purification system has been pushed back for later in the game but otherwise you need to wait til chapter 5 if you don't like grinding wild mons, since walking either doesn't work any more or is so slow hatching a single egg progressed faster than the heart gauge lowering any. Even letting them soak experience passively seems to have been disabled.

Not quite, you can totally de-shadow-ify pokemon without needing Cairo's scents!

You just gotta battle with the shadow pokemons and Call them whenever they enter Hyper Mode. Best to fight weaker pokemons as to not risk the shadow mon fainting.

This worked like a charm for me, I de-shadow-ified two 'mons already.

Yeah you can pretty much spam them vs the Fletchling in in the very beginning area. Just turn on a video or something to watch and spam A. Shadow moves have no PP and they faint instantly so you dont need to worry about hyper mode. That said, the scents work way better than anything else.

That just seems like a silly change to make it unnecessarily tedious compared to how it worked before imo, especially since shadow pokemon aren't exactly integral to the game like, say, Colosseum or XD since they kind of drop off the radar in the later half of this game.  

I mean its made entirely trivial once you get to Cairo anyways as you can just buy a pack of scents and they'll be good to go immediately. They come with fairly good moves, so they're usually at least worth looking at.