Email validation?

Amethyst

• Administrators

Question to more-recent memebers here (like joined in last 2-3 weeks)

...Is the email validation working or not?

In the past couple days I've gotten a huge spike of requests for me to validate people but we haven't had admin validation turned on on the forum for a while now, so that shouldn't be necessary. A couple people, I guess, just missed the emails and then it worked, but others say that even the email validation didn't work so like...

...what's the read on this?

Well, I validated my e-mail about 5 times over, but it said every time that it was waiting on an administrator's approval. It was only solved when Edge validated my account. I'd been retrying over the course of 5 days before he/she finally did it for me. I'm not really sure what the beef with it is, all I know is that someone had to manually validate me for me to actually do ANYTHING with my account lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I validated my e-mail about 5 times over, but it said every time that it was waiting on an administrator's approval. It was only solved when Edge validated my account. I'd been retrying over the course of 5 days before he/she finally did it for me. I'm not really sure what the beef with it is, all I know is that someone had to manually validate me for me to actually do ANYTHING with my account lol.

I had the same problem he did. First I didn't even get an email validation. Then I found the link to resend it, so I clicked that and got my email. Then I followed the link the email gave me and it said I already completed my part of the registration process and had to wait to be approved by an administrator. I waited over a week and wasn't approved, but I couldn't post or PM anyone for help. I got someone I know in real life who had an account on here that was made much earlier to ask someone to approve me. And that's how I'm able to post here now.

So yeah this needs to be fixed. I've seen a couple people asking to be approved on status updates...wish I'd thought to try that when I was having my problem.

When i register my YAHOO email here needs a validation from an admin and can't post, so i tried resending the my activation for that account( about 5 tries), the mail appears with the link for activation and the same result. (needs validation from an admin)

when i register my GMAIL account here it has this validation and went into my mail >>> validation then everything was in order..

dunno if it was luck or i finally got it right. (i'm guessing this one lol)

but hey it works for me, not sure if this is accurate.

When i register my YAHOO email here needs a validation from an admin and can't post, so i tried resending the my activation for that account( about 5 tries), the mail appears with the link for activation and the same result. (needs validation from an admin)

when i register my GMAIL account here it has this validation and went into my mail >>> validation then everything was in order..

dunno if it was luck or i finally got it right. (i'm guessing this one lol)

but hey it works for me, not sure if this is accurate.

I had to wait for validation by an administrator when I was using Gmail though, so I don't think the type of email account you have matters. I'm honestly not sure what you did different that made it finally work, but at least you got it to work eventually. I wasn't so lucky. :(