Pokémon Armistice

Tusraki

Pokémon Armistice v2.2

Program: Rpg Maker XP

Introduction:

Hi I'm Tusraki, and this is my first ever Pokémon game.
This game aims to emulate the Pokémon Reborn playstyle of facing challenging bosses with limited Pokémon options.
No tedious puzzles, no long boring button-mashing dialogue. No grinding necessary.
This is a world ridden by calamities & multiple enemy factions, with the Gym Leaders playing an integral role in the story.

Features:

o Play with the Johto Starters*, each with a new typing and unique buff to abilities!
*Option of starting instead with the latest Gen 9 Starters from the Paldea Region
o Prepare for the school tournament!
o Learn about this region's greatest threat: The Calamities... and battle one in a unique Gym
o Multiple enemy factions. Learn of their motivations and history in the region
o Face numerous mid-level bosses, each with an unfair advantage over you
o Environmental Storytelling. The game's story tries to draw you in as successfully as its challenging enemies
o Non-profit fangame created by a fan, for fans.

Screenshots:
Spoiler

Play with Johto Starters, each with a new typing & twist to abilities

Promo1.thumb.png.705947d6cd5180b2ed3487698fcdd1e0.png

Or play instead with Paldea Region's latest Gen 9 Starters

Promo2.thumb.png.b0a39467b7f79aa5d759121ee570d530.png

In a region beset by calamities...

Promo4.thumb.png.39b21a6e63cb4a8bd38a2ac612a02b97.png

Choose from six different protagonists
Promo3.thumb.png.fcd8f345bf02e496ddadbb961dda7ebb.png

Prepare for the school tournament

Promo4.thumb.png.39b21a6e63cb4a8bd38a2ac612a02b97.png

Catch & train the new Paldean Pokemon

Promo5.thumb.png.4c622f64b7c507a22ffd0cd499872378.png

Uncover multiple enemy factions

Promo6.png.8ba2f36c4d16772fdd72fdadb7cdc048.png

Face challenging mid-chapter bosses

Promo7.thumb.png.c45a1bbc15ca6d0d8d87a57dd9ea9f33.png

Face two widely different sorts of Gyms

Promo8.thumb.png.d8843c4357e3f7522cf3616f812bc662.png

v2.0 comes with updated graphics and a massive new city!

Promo9.thumb.png.443f7689c04be7ec7fb85771d2c73e62.png

Don't fall for the lies in the big city... Hidden quests, enemies and Pokémon galore.

Promo10.thumb.png.e617250b11c01365f4fd336372b90aa2.png

Notes:
Planned features include a complete story with 18 Gym Bosses.
Current v2.2 contains 2 Gym Boss. Estimated game time: 10 hours.
If bored with the game, please at least play until the Kimonogirl Mid-boss. I really enjoyed playtesting that one!

Download the game here: 
https://pixeldrain.com/u/1rc7gpxr

Credits:
Flameguru, and many others from the Internet. Please view the opening credits for more details

Recruitment:
Anyone & Everyone, except for the storytelling aspect. I hope that you become interested in this world that I have created.
Main job openings are gaming developers and all sorts of graphic artists.

Game & Story by:
Tusraki
Contact me either at this forum, or DM me at tusraki@protonmail.com
I would love to hear everyone's thoughts about this game.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 10/5/2023 at 6:11 PM, maor80 said:

Hi I think I tried to run this game but it didn't worked if you were offended  by me in anyway I am sorry again I am sorry and I didn't meant this  it's most likley the pc which can't run it  again I didn't meant to offend 

Erm no offence taken. You seem to have a problem running alot of the fangames here. 

On 10/10/2023 at 9:38 AM, Blue_Lightning said:

Using a protein i gotten from a locker crash the game since it seem to think its a tera shard.

Right, there seems to be a bug where using the last remaining item of a kind of consumable in your bag just crashes the game. This may be due to the "Bag Screen with interactable Party" plugin that I had installed, as I didn't change any of Essentials' default item settings. 

Sorry about that, should have tested the items in the game more. For more details about any other bugs, you can check out the forum at https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=497774
Will be sure to fix any bugs reported before I release the next chapter of the game.

• 4 months later...

Hey, v2.0 is out!! Here's a FAQ:

• Can I use my previous save from v1.0?

Nope. v2.0 uses Pokémon Essentials v21.1, instead of the previous v20.1. But after seven more months of experience and everyone's reviews, I've thoroughly overhauled Chapter One as well. Lots of graphics has been updated and most importantly, bugs with the game's bosses has been fixed!!

• What's changed?

Basically everything has been updated from v1.0. While the art may not be fantastic, you won't see any shoddy ones. Now that I got the hang of making this game, I won't expect much further changes to these first two chapters for a while. Most of the bugs found by others above this comment has been fixed already!

• These graphics & audio are a little familiar.

I've based this game on Pokémon Reborn for two reasons: It's challenging but fun gameplay, and amazing soundtrack. Lots of the battle themes you will hear are from Reborn. I've also had to take two tilesets from the game. NONE of the graphics & audio are mine!! I've used Photoshop to edit some freely shared graphics, contact me if you wish to take them down.

• Best part of this game?

Alot of the mid-game bosses come with fun and surprising twists, especially the ones after each chapter's "turning point". Was hilarious facing them, hope you enjoy.
P.S. There's an optional mid-game boss in Chapter 2 with a really high level. Feel free to skip him for now, it's super tough with the current level cap.

Hi, sorry but something wrong. When i met trainers on the route 400 and the victory road, the games crash with an error message. This is a major bug because it prevent me to progress in the game.

Here what it did when i met a trainer i didn't battle yet.

Capturedecran2024-02-18a19_02_25.thumb.png.9e9264757d15f12933e523c43d45aef4.png

Sorry about that, looks like Game.exe causes new trainer types to crash because of no Trainer intro sounds.
Everyone, please download v2.2 of the game instead (header updated)! I've removed all Trainer intro sounds, which I didn't use in the first place. None of the trainers should crash now.
Weird that I didn't have this problem in v1.0.