Guide to Gym Leaders? (Added new question)

Slicster

Gym Leader Guide  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a guide to Gym Leaders?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should I add miscellaneous details?(Gym Badges, TMs, etc.)

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Even if some Gym Leaders become replaced should I add them regardless?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Rainbow Dash's guide already has info on the gym leaders, however the topic is crowded due to it being a guide to the entire game. Should there be a separate guide for the gym leaders?

• Yes
    • No

I came with a quick solution on people asking about Gym Leaders, and what Pokemon they should use against them.

Basically its like those Pokemon guide books, and it'll all be on this topic.

The thing is, its gonna be difficult doing it alone, and Arceus knows what Amethyst is doing with the future updates. Another thing is that some people won't approve of it, because spoilers. So as of now, I won't post any of the Gym Leaders, or their Pokemon, until I get confirmation from the Reborn Community(a.k.a. all you people), and if it passes, I'd highly appriciate it if other people can assist me.

Edited by Slicster

I guess this would be good for new players, although I'd much rather just watch them suffer since so many people don't know how to use the damn search feature which by name alone is self explanatory.

• 6 months later...

I actually misspoke of this, it was only to show what the gym leaders would use and field effects. There was going to be some advice on what types to use best against them. I'm still thinking through with this.

Edited by Slicster

So I stumbled across this right here-

And figured I'd make a seperate post within the Reborn Guide for this as well.

Don't get me wrong, but the idea has been floating in this twisted head of mine to make it in seperate posts for the following things;

- Event-only Pokémon

- Obtainable starter Pokémon

- Gym Leaders (seperated so no reading is required)

- Dept. Store sticker "quests"

And probably a bunch more things I can't think of from the top of my head.

I'm not discouraging you to not make your own version or anything, I'm just saying that I should probably start on making small touch-ups on the guide whilst (hopefully) continuing to write the rest of the guide.

I vote yes because like everyone else, less clutter. I'd rather people suffer like me though.

Frickin shade wrecking my team 14 times in a row until I finally beat him.

Edited by pandaemang

I said yes because some players probably have no clue anything about hidden abilities and attacks because they don't bother looking it up, making gym leaders hard (for example) because they have no idea what "curse" not on a ghost type does or why a Cinccinno always hits five times with multiple hit moves. I would like to see them suffer buuuuut I guess they might ragequit if they keep losing a gym battle.

Voted yes as well but i still think that people should try themselves. Personally i go yolo against every gym leader for the first timz and then i just prepare a team and wreck them

Does Dash's guide not suffice? There doesn't seem to be as large of a need now.

Pretty much. There is also a lot of information scattered along the forums, I also find it fun to add our individual pieces of strategy; it feels good when you beat the gym leader with some of your own tricks.

Does Dash's guide not suffice? There doesn't seem to be as large of a need now.

^Exactly.

I was going to vote "yes", but then i realized that Dash's guide already has that inside of it. The thing is: It's "clustered" in the middle of everything. After all, that's not a guide for the gym leaders, it's a guide for the entire game.

What you can do is help Dash. I'm pretty sure he know his way through the game, but if he forgot something, or didn't recommend something, you could remind him of other stuff that he can use.

voted no :I

^Exactly.

I was going to vote "yes", but then i realized that Dash's guide already has that inside of it. The thing is: It's "clustered" in the middle of everything. After all, that's not a guide for the gym leaders, it's a guide for the entire game.

What you can do is help Dash. I'm pretty sure he know his way through the game, but if he forgot something, or didn't recommend something, you could remind him of other stuff that he can use.

voted no :I

Already on fixing that "issue" on things being cluttered by making a seperate area a few posts under the guide itself, with explanation given on how to get there easier. :x

• 2 weeks later...

So I thought about it, and I've come to the conclusion that I'll put this on hold until there's a outbreak on how to defeat which gym leader, or a variety of people complaining about Dashie's guide, new chapter leaders I will not precisely count.