Suggestion for improving Renegade route and making it natural

Cyphre

So, first how i came to this. Paragon route is very straightforward, you are a good guy, you help people, you get liked more, friendship wins. All good. It works in Rejuvenation context because we progressively and naturally do that anyway. 

The issue with Renegade route is currently that all you can do is to be kinda rude towards people, while still working towards common goal, then you pretty much flip a switch and go on what i assume murderhobo genocide mode with Kieran and Clear after you take them on their offer. It's a jarring change which previous 100+ hours of your playthrough simply does not support emotionally, narratively and gameplay-wise. 

Thankfully there is a mechanic in the game that, in my opinion, can kinda change it: Help Centers. I fully understand it is a ton of work in writing, scripting and polishing to not make it some spaghetti code, but there can be an option to corrupt/sabotage/whatever you wanna call it Help Requests, and maybe this can extend to major and minor sidequests and other events. 

Example: you meet team anti-assist, and instead of fighting against them you are getting into their share and gradually take over their organisation and projects (whatever they are).
Another example: you can have an option to send orphans to a different place (maybe we can have an earlier Isha encounter) instead of their home and reap another form of benefits instead. 
Another example: Make another Sylvally form, fully corrupted when he evolves with 255 hatred on him. You already make fantastic alternate Aevian forms, one more shouldnt be an issue. 

A lot of quests can be rewritten/added to have another route to them, and making our character repeatedly and consistently seeking further power and gains at the cost of everyone around him during 100+ hour playthrough would smoothly introduce us to Renegade route instead of however it starts now. 

I remember Jan saying that he is especially proud of his Renegade route, and i think to fully agree with it entire game need to be able to fit a Renegade player mindset and playstyle along with narrative flavor. 

Once again, i understand this is a gargantuan amount of work, but hey, tis only a suggestion and i wish only the best for the game.

• Like 5