Jinx Scent Issue

Hymdall

So I first noticed this in the EV Caverns, but despite changing the Jinx Scent in and outside of them to be anywhere from 0100 to 9999 no encounters are happening at all.  I haven't gone full test on this and checked every area but multiple areas with encounters are just...not having any.  I'll edit this post when I test more areas with more updates.

• Global Mods
3 hours ago, Hymdall said:

So I first noticed this in the EV Caverns, but despite changing the Jinx Scent in and outside of them to be anywhere from 0100 to 9999 no encounters are happening at all.  I haven't gone full test on this and checked every area but multiple areas with encounters are just...not having any.  I'll edit this post when I test more areas with more updates.

Can you send your save file? 

19 hours ago, Dred said:

Can you send your save file? 

Yeah absolutely!  Here's my file attached.  Of note this is a completed E5 file going into E6.  Hope that helps!  Sorry for forgetting to attach it earlier.  I can also add that Old Woodland and a couple of other assorted areas are having the same issue.  Adjusting it up or down doesn't help.

EDIT: It's acting like a repel, which either is the intended way or I literally cannot read, so if that's the case I apologize.  First step into any grass with a pokemon lower level than the area is an encounter.  If that's intended, please lock and dispose of this thread

Game_2.rxdata

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Hymdall said:

Yeah absolutely!  Here's my file attached.  Of note this is a completed E5 file going into E6.  Hope that helps!  Sorry for forgetting to attach it earlier.  I can also add that Old Woodland and a couple of other assorted areas are having the same issue.  Adjusting it up or down doesn't help.

EDIT: It's acting like a repel, which either is the intended way or I literally cannot read, so if that's the case I apologize.  First step into any grass with a pokemon lower level than the area is an encounter.  If that's intended, please lock and dispose of this thread

Game_2.rxdata 204.08 kB · 2 downloads

Hello! So firstly your save should be fixed. A question for you would be well, do you remember if you had a repel active before you updated to E6? The Jinx Scent was working as intended, however due to "Repels" being valuables now in Desolation, we removed the Repel step counter, so whatever happened with your save file, there was a Repel active but was never decreasing in steps.

Game_2.rxdata

On 1/30/2023 at 12:56 PM, Posty said:

Hello! So firstly your save should be fixed. A question for you would be well, do you remember if you had a repel active before you updated to E6? The Jinx Scent was working as intended, however due to "Repels" being valuables now in Desolation, we removed the Repel step counter, so whatever happened with your save file, there was a Repel active but was never decreasing in steps.

Game_2.rxdata 204.15 kB · 0 downloads

Yeah that fixed it!  Can 100% confirm I had a repel active before updating.  I pretty much always did since I did a lot of backtracking.  Thanks!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi! I know it's a post from a year ago but I'm having the same issue with the jinx scent. No encounters at all. Is there a fix? Here's my save. 

Edit: nvm it works now!

Edited by Oreat
Problem solved