Pokemon Violet Bug Mono Run

J-Awesome_One

So I'm going to attempted to play through these games 18 times with 18 different types and the 1st type I'm doing is Bug. I'm also gonna do this in the order from the easiest badge up to the hardest badge. This right here is Lizzie but you rarely hear people call her that since most people call her Bizzie since her favorite type is the Bug Type. She sees the beauty in all Bug Types so she likes to try to resemble her make up color with Bugs. She even wears color contacts. She aims to be the strongest Bug Type trainer in the Paldea Region.

0vWSyb4.jpg

As she goes heads to school, Bizzie catches as many Bug Types as she can. She catches almost all before reaching the school but sadly, a wild Combee flees, leaving her not able to find another 1.

do4cXuV.jpg

While the Bug Types she does have with her at the time are great companions, she doesn't feel a real connection with them. Except... with that Combee. She vows to someday capture 1. Until then, she's gonna have to get by with the Bugs she has now.

Just a quick change to how I'm gonna do this, I'm going to pretend I'm the person I'm playing as. It just seems better to do it that way. Anyways, let's get on with the next update.

Been at the Academy for a while now & today is the day of the treasure hunt. I guess we can go out & choose what we wanna do? I don't know but I know I have a lot that I'm gonna be doing. Taking on the Gym League Challenge, taking on these Titan Pokemon for Arven & trying to take down Team Star. I was recommended to go to Cortondo to take on the Bug Gym Leader Katy. Kind of funny how my 1st challenge is a Bug user. Guess it'll be a test to see who's the better Bug Type user. I ventured out to go to this place & came across 2 more Pokemon. Kricketot, which I trained to evolve into a Kricketune, and... a Combee. There were a lot of Combee in this 1 area. It was actually quite close to Cortondo. Took me a while to find a female 1 but I finally did. This little bee  will definitely be part of my actual team. Although... it doesn't seem all that into having me as its trainer but I'm determined to not only make friends with it but train it to be the very best that it can be. During this time, I was also able to evolve my Scatterbug into Spewpa and then Spewpa into Vivillon. My little Bug team had been starting to grow & get stronger. Funny little story. I decided to have a picnic near Cortondo before going for my 1st Gym Battle. As me & my Pokemon were eating, I noticed a Pokemon egg in my basket I had placed on the ground. I was shocked & tried to figure out how it got there in the 1st place. With no luck searching who had placed it there, I decided to take care of it til it hatched. And I am sure glad I did. When the egg hatched, I was looking at a baby Nymble. My guess is that somehow either my Kricketune or Vivillon had found a female Nymble and the 2 uhh... well you don't need to know the full details. This little Nymble though is really affectionate towards ne though & I kind of like the little guy too... Err, girl I mean. After training it & the rest of my team up for a couple of days, I was ready for my 1st Gym Battle.

b5hqRR2.jpg

Nemona was inside the Gym building. Really happy that I was there taking on the challenge. Although I was a little annoyed I had to do this weird Gym Challenge to where I had to push this giant olive into a big basket... I don't get it but after I finished the test, I was able to take on Katy. As part of taking on the Gym Challenge however, I was only allowed to take 3 Pokemon with me to make it an even 3-on-3 match up. My 1st 2 spots I knew exactly who I was taking. My Combee & Nymble. After thinking about it, I decided to bring my Vivillon with me since it's Flying Type had an advantage over her Bugs.

4zDttyh.jpg

I was taken to her Battle Arena. It was a pretty nice arena to be honest. When I met Katy for the 1st time, I could tell that she had a love for Bug Types. I really respected her for that. Although her style... well it's not for me but it fits her. How she got into being a Bakery person though, I don't know how. Although, isn't that some kind of health hazard for having bugs being so close to food? Getting off track there. Anyways, we both started off with our little Nymbles. Both of our Pokemon seemed to be evenly matched but maybe because of my Nymble's affection towards me was able to just pull ahead & hand me the 1st win. Her 2nd Pokemon was Tarountula & boy, do I know how had those things are to train up. I sent out my Combee against it. While her Pokemon hit mine decently hard, with the type advantage, my Combee was able to knock out her Tarountula. She was down to her 1 Pokemon while I still had all 3 of mine. Although, 2 of them were exhausted. I sent out my Vivillon and she sent out her... Teddiursa? I was a little confused on why she sent out a Normal Type but then she brought our her Tera Orb & things suddenly made sense. She could turn her Teddiursa into a Bug Type thanks to that little mechanic. My Vivillon hit her Teddiursa for super effective damage but the little bear would hit back with huge damage. Luckily for me though, Vivillon came out on top. Thus, handing me my 1st Gym Battle victory. Also showing everyone that witnessed it that I was the better Gym Trainer there between the 1 of us. Later on in the day, after she baked me a congratulatory cake, she handed me her badge. My 1st Gym Badge was on my person.

GKQP6gh.jpg

Before leaving, Arven called me saying that he heard there was a Titan Pokemon in the direction he went. Before I could hang up though, I had to get through Arven asking me why it took so long to even get over there. After telling him that I went to train my Pokemon & took on my 1st Gym Battle, I could tell he was upset by this but he instead said that taking the Gyms on probably wasn't a bad idea since it could help me get stronger to help fight off the Titan Pokemon. Even though I could tell he was saying that to just be nice, I couldn't disagree. It was time to make my way back to the Academy and leave the other direction.

After I made it back to the Academy, I decided to take a break from my adventure & hung out in my room with all my Bug Types. I did my make up to try to resemble my Nymble which absolutely loved it. Who then in turn wanted me to do its make up. I never did make up on a Pokemon before... Hopefully I get better at it but it was not easy to look at when I 1st did it. When I tried to doing make up that resembled my Combee, it didn't seem interested in it. We fell asleep and when we woke up in the morning, I made breakfast for myself & my Pokemon & then left as soon as I could. As I walked through the mountain path, I was able to get in some minor training with my Pokemon. But it was enough training for my Tarountula as it evolved into Spidops. As I started to walk deeper into the mountains, I noticed these Pokemon called Klawf. Weird Pokemon with weird cries. Not 1 of my favorite Pokemon. Arven called me to remind me about the Stony Cliff Titan. As soon as he finished saying that last word, I looked up towards 1 of the mountain sides & saw the biggest Klawf I've ever seen in my life.

ZKqkSj7.jpg

The huge Pokemon jumped down from the side of the mountain & I was forced to engage in battle with it. To my surprise, I was doing pretty well against the beast. When it looked like I had it beat however, it stopped & ran off. I gave chase and caught it facing a mountain. It knocked some rocks out of the way & started to eat this weird glowing stuff. Arven came running up beside me and shouted that the beast had to be eating some of the Herba Mystica. I had to believe him because the Titan seemed to not only heal but get some kind of buff. Luckily, Arven was there this time & the 2 of us battled it down to Submission. After it ran off, Arven & I ran into the cave to look for this Herba Mystica. There wasn't a lot left but there was enough to put on a sandwich & WOW! Arven can cook! This stuff really does taste good. Arven decided to give me a badge of sorts since I helped him take down the Titan. Alright. Maybe Arven isn't THAT bad. That was nice of him to do.

qzjm9tG.jpg

We were quite worn out so the 2 of us decided to stay the night inside the cave. The next day, we packed up and exited the cave. He decided to do some more research on some other Titans. He advised me to go to a town called Artazon where there would be another Gym Leader. Luckily, it wasn't far from where we were. We said our good byes and split off. About 2 hours later & I finally made it to Artazon Town. I looked for the Gym building & headed on in. Of course, Nemona was there but I enjoyed her company. When it came to this Gym's puzzle, it was a lot better than the previous' Gym Challenge. I just had to collect 10 Sunfloras & bring them back to a gated area. This would be another 3-on-3 battle. I still decided to take Nymble & Combee and decided to take Kricketune this time around.

vd9xDUx.jpg

I thought for sure that this Gym Battle would be a piece of cake since I had the Type advantage. I was taken to the Battle Arena and an artist jumped down from a freaking windmill to introduce himself to me. His name was Brassius. I could tell that he was very passionate about art. We took our positions & the battle started. I started out with Kricketune while he started with Petilil. I used Fury Cutter twice and the Pokemon went down. He then sent out Smoliv but was quickly brought down with another Fury Cutter. He then sent out his last Pokemon which was a Sudowoodo, or as he called it... Truleewoodo. With his Tera Orb, his Sudowoodo was now a Grass Type. I used Fury Cutter again but this time, it missed. A Trailblaze & 3 Rock Throw's later &... I was defeated. He congratulated me on a hard fought battle & told me I could rematch him whenever I wanted to. It was late so I decided to go into the inn that was in town. As I tried to sleep, I couldn't stop thinking how I had a Grass Type user defeat someone who uses Bug Types. I then remembered about Terastallization. I never really used it but I decided that I would use it in my rematch. The next day, I got ready for the day & headed back to the Gym place. Luckily, Brassius was there. He greeted me as he was painting some Grass Type Pokemon. I told him I wanted a rematch right now. He accepted & we headed back to the Battle Arena and the rematch started. This time, I chose Nymble to go against his Petilil. I was able to defeat it very easily. He then chose to send out his Smoliv & I swapped Nymble in for Kricketune. This time, I used my Tera Orb & my Kricketune's moves became a lot stronger. Not only did I take out Smoliv with only 2 Fury Cutters but I also took out his Terestallized Sudowoodo with 2 Fury Cutters. I had secured my 2nd Gym Badge.

SZiyYx1.jpg

As I was heading back to the PokeCenter, Arven gave me a call, asking if I was able to get my 2nd Gym Badge. I proudly showed off the badge to him. He congratulated me. I thanked him & asked him what he needed. He told me that he figured out where another Titan Pokemon could be. It was called the Open Sky Titan & that he needed help in finding it. I smiled & told him to tell me where to go.

Rdfxjr7.jpg

After spending a night at an inn in Artazon, I headed out to find this Open Sky Titan. With Arven putting a location spot on my Map App, I was on my way. I had to go back through the Academy area & through Cortondo & then up a mountain. It was quite a tiring journey. I decided to set up tent & camp outside & start bright and early to go up the rest of the mountain to find the Titan Pokemon. CRASH! BOOM! I shot upright hearing a loud, thunderous sound. I looked out my tent & could see boulders rolling down the mountain. I could see a couple of people running away from the boulders. 1 of them saw me & ran over to me. I asked what was going on & was told that apparently this big Pokemon was dropping boulders from the sky onto the mountain. It had been going on for a while now. I packed up my tent & decided to hike up the rest of the mountain to see if I could find & stop this Pokemon. It was a dangerous trek up the mountain. I was dodging boulders left & right. Sometimes, I was barely able to maneuver myself away from them. After a while though, I was able to get up all the way the mountain. I looked around but couldn't see anything. I then looked up in the sky & could see a giant bird. The Flying Pokemon looked down & shrieked loudly.

apeUbKu.jpg

Having a good look at the Pokemon, I could tell it was a Bombirdier. It flew down to me & shrieked at me once again. It was way bigger than a normal Bombirdier. I had a feeling that it was the Titan Pokemon Arven was talking about. This would be a difficult Pokemon as all I used was Bug Types. If it wasn't for my Spidops Silk Trap, I might not have been able to weaken down the Bombirdier. Before I was able to finish it off, it smashed a big side of a stone wall and started to eat something. It had to be Herba Mystica. Just like with the Klawf, it had healed up & gotten some kind of buff. Luckily, I could see Arven come running up the mountain and stand by my side. He sent out a Nacli & we were able to defeat the Bombirdier. Honestly, if he hadn't come along, I don't know if I would have been able to defeat the Titan Pokemon by myself. Arven & I went into the cave that the Titan Pokemon had made & we looked for the Herba Mystica. We were able to find it & Arven started to get to cooking with it. The smell was... not good. But somehow the taste was exquisite. He reached into his Pokemon & handed me another badge.

pS0qhkD.jpg

After a while of eating, I could see Arven seemed a bit sad. He also hadn't touched some of his sandwich. He must have noticed me & tried to change his facial expression. I told him that he didn't seemed alright & asked him if everything was ok. He sighed & came clean. The reason he was trying to get all of these Herba Mysticas was so he could heal a friend of his. He took out 1 of his PokeBalls, stared at it & then called out his Mabosstiff.

H19SY8u.jpg

The thing laid out on the ground but it looked like it was in pretty rough shape. Arven didn't tell me what happened to it but what he said is that it got hurt pretty bad. Not even PokeCenters or Potions or anything of the sort would work. He read that these Herbs could fix anything. That's why he's so desperate to collect them & asked me to help. I felt a wave of sadness hearing this story. He bent down & fed Mabosstiff some of the sandwich which it slowly chewed and then swallowed. The dog Pokemon then opened its eyes which got Arven extremely excited & tearing up. I can't lie. I was tearing up as well. I was glad that I decided to help Arven with his quest. Now I knew I was doing it for a really good reason. The sunlight was starting to shine into the cave. Arven returned his Pokemon back into its ball. We both walked outside, took in the view & then started to go our separate ways.

FabFLtA.jpg

So I've kind of gotten burnt out with the whole "story aspect" with this so I'll just say what was hard or easy and do it that way from now on. Since the last update (which wasn't that long ago) I've caught a Pineco, Scyther, Rellor, Venonat & Rellor. I've evolved Rellor into Rabsca & Combee into Vespiquen. I've come to really like Rellor/Rabsca. Going to take on the Dark Type Leader of Team Star was this team.

LOcEqeL.jpg

So the reason I started off with Nymble was because it has Double Kick & I know Giacomo starts with a Pawniard. So I thought I'd be able to strike 1st & knock it out with that. Not only did I not attack 1st BUT Nymble wasn't able to knock out the Pawniard with Double Kick. Plus Pawniard had Aerial Ace so that was a triple unfortunate scene of events. Luckily, Larvesta was able to finish it off. Then came in the Revavroom. This thing was somewhat of a headache. Took the combined efforts of Larvesta, Rabsca & Vespiquen to knock it out. & thus, Giacomo gave me the Dark Type Badge of Team Star.

pKGoKB5.jpg

Btw, if it's not obvious, I'm also limiting myself on these challenges. Every major badge fight, I must be either on the level of that current leader or below. When it comes to Gym Leaders, I must use to the same amount of Pokemon as they do. So the next Gym I think uses 4 Pokemon. & luckily, the next Gym is Iono which means I get to use 4 Pokemon. Which means I get to use the 4 official Pokemon I wanna use throughout the whole game. Who are they? Well you'll just have to wait until the next update.

So before I continue with the update, I thought I'd update you all on Bizzie's new look.

tHZR63g.jpg

I changed her hair style as I feel she would like to change her hair style once in a while. The hat kind of looks like a bugs net so I got those. And the shoes kind of resemble a bugs color. Went a little different with the socks & got more of a darker green color. And the gloves are again more bug colored. But yea. This is Bizzie's new look for now.

SlZtPSy.jpg

This is the team I used to take on Iono. These are also gonna be the Pokemon that are permanent on the team. I originally was gonna use Vespiquen instead of Scizor but then I realized there's a reddit for Scarlet/Violet & asked someone to trade with me so I can get Scizor. So that went well. Good thing this place also sells the Metal Coat. Anyways, my plan for this fight was to use Larvesta to take on Wattrel & then do as much damage as it could to Bellibolt before fainting. And it went exactly like that. It even worked a little bit better because I got to burn Bellibolt with Flame Wheel. I then took out Scizor, had it Fury Cutter Bellibolt to finish it. The plan here then was to just keep spamming Fury Cutter til I won. And then Luxio came out & got off an Intimidate & paralyzed it. I was still able to take it down. 3V1 now. Mismagius comes out. Knocks out Scizor right away. I bring out Rabsca & wittle it down with Struggle Bug & Psybeam. & then when it finished off Rabsca, I brought in Lokix to finish it off with Lunge.

wqSvJIp.jpg

This was a surprisingly tough battle. But only because the 2nd half of the battle didn't exactly go in my favor. Although, if it wasn't for Rabsca & Struggle Bug, I'm pretty sure I would have lost here. Next part will be the Fire Type Team Star Boss!

I took on Mela, the Fire Type user of Team Star. After a lot of different teams, this is the 1 I used to finally defeat her.

iMp7Kb6.jpg

I wanna say it took me at least 20 battles to beat her. I tried to just brute force my way through her team but obviously that didn't work out. My next idea was to teach Venonat Poison Powder, Endure & Protect & widdle down Revavroom. Unfortunately, I forgot that that Pokemon was Poison/Steel type. So that idea went right out the window. So I had to think of another strategy. And it hit me. I had to get rid of Torkoal's Drought. So I got the TM for Rain Dance, taught it to Vespiquen, also taught Rabsca Trick Room & this strategy is what led to Mela's defeat.

Rpxe8Gs.jpg

Obviously because I'm using Bug Types, this was a difficult battle. I also didn't go to level 27 which is her Pokemon's highest level. I finally feel like I had a difficult challenge though & it was pretty fun. Next up, the Steel Type Titan Pokemon.

Here's the next update! The Steel Type Titan! This 1 is gonna be a quick update since nothing huge happened. 1st, here's the tream I used to take on the Steel Titan.

2bvKSJ7.jpg

Led with Frosmoth, used Feather Dance & then switched into Larvesta & Flame Wheeled it until it left. & then I repeated the same attack formula on the 2nd stage of the battle. And Orthworm was defeated. Next update is the Water Type Gym.

wJ04RQf.jpg

Btw...

SYZ8jWt.jpg

NQjY8bg.jpg

What the fuck? xD This thing makes me laugh anytime I see it.

The next update is here & it's against the Water Gym Leader Kufo! This is the team that I chose to go up against his team.

rMNvzhm.jpg

AND... I only needed Scizor. It 1 shot every Pokemon he had with Fury Cutter.

zh4tgiT.jpg

Short Gym Battle with a short update. Next 1 will be against the Poison Boss of Team Star. Can't wait to start rocking out to Team Star Grunts rocking theme btw.