EV Training Bug?

scotgaymer

Hi All.

Decided to restart my rejuv game recently for fun and decided cos I earned AP pretty quickly (not even met Venam yet) buy some of the cards for the EV training rooms and go train. Specifically HP, Attack, and Defence. And I think I am finding some bugs with it? Maybe?

HP EV training went fine for all 6 of my pokemon using the Power Weight. Attack Training went fine with the Power Bracer mostly though for some reason I can't max out EVs on two of my pokemon My starter (Fennekin) only goes as high as 232 and my pachirisu only goes up to 250. Not a huge deal but a bit weird. The big issue came when I got to defence training. I can't get any of my mons to gain Def EVs. At all. I spent a good half hour or so rotating the Power Belt around my pokemon and battling the Meltan and nothing moved on any of them. I thought maybe I was killing them too fast and needed to take hits or something so I spent time (another 30/45 mins or so) using non damaging moves with various mons and still nothing.

Out of the EV training rooms I do seem to gain EVs for def with my mons during normal battles but just not in the training room specifically for it.

So yeah.

Not sure if theres a problem there or not.

Thanks.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, scotgaymer said:

Hi All.

Decided to restart my rejuv game recently for fun and decided cos I earned AP pretty quickly (not even met Venam yet) buy some of the cards for the EV training rooms and go train. Specifically HP, Attack, and Defence. And I think I am finding some bugs with it? Maybe?

HP EV training went fine for all 6 of my pokemon using the Power Weight. Attack Training went fine with the Power Bracer mostly though for some reason I can't max out EVs on two of my pokemon My starter (Fennekin) only goes as high as 232 and my pachirisu only goes up to 250. Not a huge deal but a bit weird. The big issue came when I got to defence training. I can't get any of my mons to gain Def EVs. At all. I spent a good half hour or so rotating the Power Belt around my pokemon and battling the Meltan and nothing moved on any of them. I thought maybe I was killing them too fast and needed to take hits or something so I spent time (another 30/45 mins or so) using non damaging moves with various mons and still nothing.

Out of the EV training rooms I do seem to gain EVs for def with my mons during normal battles but just not in the training room specifically for it.

So yeah.

Thanks.

Could you send a screenshot of your EVs, or a copy of the savefile?

7 hours ago, scotgaymer said:

Hi All.

So yeah.

Thanks.

"Out of the EV training rooms I do seem to gain EVs for def with my mons during normal battles but just not in the training room specifically for it." Is this true for the exact pokemon you used in the EV training room, or just a general observation you made at some point?

I assume you know, but it can't hurt to make sure: EVs cap out at 510 - meaning each pokemon can have a max total of 510 EVs spread out over all six stats, which each stat having a max of 252. Once you reach 510, your pokemon won't gain any EVs until you reduce the existing ones (with berries and stuff).

Regarding your other point: it doesn't matter how fast you beat the pokemon or if you take hits in the process. All that matters is that you beat them and gain experience (either directly or via the exp share)