The Case of Angie’s Mamoswine

Alice Bell

So I’ve finally (playing on and off) made it to chapter 15 and upon playing the Diamond Route I noticed something incredibly odd; Angie’s Mamoswine is, for some reason, ungodly fast. I know its seed gives it a speed boost, but that still doesn’t account for my experiments. I didn’t do the exact math but I’m pretty certain it shouldn’t be able to outspeed a max speed jolly Cinderace, even with a speed boost.

and maybe I used the wrong seed, but even when I used the same seed it used, it STILL outsped me. I managed a win via crest Feraligatr (because I had to use a berry to soften the Earthquake on Cinderace, and that made HJK too RNG-heavy to rely on.

this chapter in general seems to be fond of rather bullshit fights what with Melia (won via Crest Bastiodon cheese) and that stupid training match against Ren…

• Global Mods
28 minutes ago, Alice Bell said:

So I’ve finally (playing on and off) made it to chapter 15 and upon playing the Diamond Route I noticed something incredibly odd; Angie’s Mamoswine is, for some reason, ungodly fast. I know its seed gives it a speed boost, but that still doesn’t account for my experiments. I didn’t do the exact math but I’m pretty certain it shouldn’t be able to outspeed a max speed jolly Cinderace, even with a speed boost.

and maybe I used the wrong seed, but even when I used the same seed it used, it STILL outsped me. I managed a win via crest Feraligatr (because I had to use a berry to soften the Earthquake on Cinderace, and that made HJK too RNG-heavy to rely on.

this chapter in general seems to be fond of rather bullshit fights what with Melia (won via Crest Bastiodon cheese) and that stupid training match against Ren…

What difficulty are you on?