Cinccino's crest error

Motorteo

Hi, i noticed that the damage done by moves like return under crest is inferior than a normal tail slap and i checked that the happiness is at max so why is that? the same goes for moves like seed bomb/bullet seed.

It's more of a different playstyle. There are definitely some crests (such as Cinccino's) that function better when there's a different ability. Skill link for example is the required ability to have for this crest, since it makes all moves like tail slap (and every single move under the crest) hit 5 times.

Always 5 hits means more super effective damage and always 5 hits means that there are 5 more chances for a critical hit (though only the first two hits will trigger a secondary effect). So it's a different playstyle that requires a certain ability.

However to make it more balanced, they lower the power of the moves to somewhere around 30 percent of the base power of the move (the 35% part of the crest is a typo, so it's actually 30%).

Using Technician makes it so that each of those moves under 200 base power work, equaling stronger multihits, in exchange for less consistant damage output.

So your choices are either always hit 5 times, but low power, or have a Technician boost, but have not as many hits.

Edited by VMeemes
Further clairifiation for the crest.

Ok, I use it skill link anyway but considering even a 30% of the damage and not 35: return become 30 base power(102*30%), 30*5=150, tail slap 25*5=125. So the damage should still be higher in this case, but i tried on the same pokemon of the same trainer and the output damage was higher in the tail slap case.