Help on Mono Ice run

Silver Boy

6 hours ago, Silver Boy said:

Hello guys, it's been ages since last time I write anything here. Anyway, here's question: can somebody help with Charlotte Gym on Ice Mono Run? Her team is devastating for my type, so I'll be glad for any help)

Skill Link Cloyster with rock blast, shell smash and focus sash can do wonders o/

• Like 1

The field is especially stacked against you here. I don't think you'll have access to Aurorus or Rotom, which would both help. Or anything with a tailwind.

A Masmoswine if you have one might be able to clear some of her team with earthquakes, IF you can outspeed her. Tailwind will help, though the only mon that would technically count for that is a castform, which is only an ice type in one weather, so won't count for a mono run. No Ice pokemon that have sticky web either, which is a lifesaver in doubles. 
Masmoswine with rockslide and earthquake might be your best bet here, apart from water/ice types that might be able to tank a heat wave or two. Cloyster's SpDef is quite low so you'll need to make sure you cover it somehow so it can shell smash and not get wrecked on the first round. 

• Like 1

Shellder actually isn't regularly available at this point, but if you do trade for one a special set with Shell Smash and Surf might be better since the physical set can't hit both opponents at once.

With the Pokemon available at this point your best bet is probably Trick Room Jynx and then hit hard with whatever slow Ice types you can find. Mamoswine, Walrein, Avalugg and Aurorus come to mind.

Avalugg gets Wide Guard from the move relearner which you can use to cover the set up turn but it'll probably only work for that first turn.

• Like 2

Actually, I simply crushed her Gym with Mamoswine and Sandslash. I used Elemental Seeds, their which boosted speed and attack after she burned her field with Heat Wave (Aurora Veil from A-Ninetales is also really helpful). But thanks for all of your tips!