Team Recommendations? Agate City

Desmond_DTD

Hello, I am Pre Route 3 and was looking for three pokemon to fill out my team. Suggestions are appreciated! 

Arcanine: (Intimidate)

Extreme Speed

Crunch 

Flare Blitz 

Close Combat

Hariyama: (Thick Fat)

Fake Out 

Knock Off 

Close Combat 

Bullet Punch 

Amoonguss: (Regenerator)

Spore

Hidden Power 

Clear Smog 

Giga Drain 

Edited by Desmond_DTD

If you mean route 3 before Charlotte, I would recommend lycanroc (dusk/ midday), accelerock helps with her fire gym. Splintered stormshards helps a lot in the late game to clear fields as well. I also like using whimsicott (route 4) as support for tailwind/weather etc., but it might be personal preference XD

2 hours ago, Axelyx said:

If you mean route 3 before Charlotte, I would recommend lycanroc (dusk/ midday), accelerock helps with her fire gym. Splintered stormshards helps a lot in the late game to clear fields as well. I also like using whimsicott (route 4) as support for tailwind/weather etc., but it might be personal preference XD

Those are good options. I like the idea of a lycanroc I will test it out for sure.

I'm used to swapping my team in and out, though depending on where you are in the game, you may not be able to get some of the pokemon I recommend. The last time I did charlotte's gym, I had a Tyrantrum with Earthquake and Rock Slide, an Archeops may fit your team nicely too, with typing and tailwind/stealthrock support. That said if you're already at Agate Circus, then you can't go back to revive a Tyrantrum, since that requires going to Spinel Town. Tyrantrum at least provides some heavy hitting, although you'd need to pull off some breeding shenanigans to get one with Dragon Dance. 

If fossil pokemon are currently unavailable though, Lycanroc can help. You can near the Fiore mansion use fishing to get a Horsea which you can evolve into Kingdra for additional type coverage, and also you will need a surf-compatible mon soon enough. (Hope you picked up the Good Rod though, you'll need it to get the Kingdra.)

8 hours ago, The1Kobra said:

I'm used to swapping my team in and out, though depending on where you are in the game, you may not be able to get some of the pokemon I recommend. The last time I did charlotte's gym, I had a Tyrantrum with Earthquake and Rock Slide, an Archeops may fit your team nicely too, with typing and tailwind/stealthrock support. That said if you're already at Agate Circus, then you can't go back to revive a Tyrantrum, since that requires going to Spinel Town. Tyrantrum at least provides some heavy hitting, although you'd need to pull off some breeding shenanigans to get one with Dragon Dance. 

If fossil pokemon are currently unavailable though, Lycanroc can help. You can near the Fiore mansion use fishing to get a Horsea which you can evolve into Kingdra for additional type coverage, and also you will need a surf-compatible mon soon enough. (Hope you picked up the Good Rod though, you'll need it to get the Kingdra.)

Yeah, I may be trying to much to have a main team at this stage of the game. Thanks for the suggestions!

Well, I do try to have a decent team set up before going to Agate City for the first time, main reason is once you go there, you can't go back, which means a lot of pokemon that you could have caught become unavailable until you get the Fly machine. I get the impression it might be too late for backtracking, hence you won't be able to get a Tyrantrum unless you have an old save, but you might not want to go back that far. 

I liked having a Cincinno, myself, but I don't think you can backtrack to the location needed to grab one, alas. 

I found that a Cincinno (with good IVs, naturally) was one of my favorite mons. King's rock, skill link, plus tail slap, bullet seed, and rock blast make for a very versatile attacker (those 3 can be taught with a move relearner). Tickle makes for a surprisingly useful debuff too. I'd recommend adding the Cincinno to the party, mine proved very useful. (Too bad I don't think Reborn has Triple Axel for ice attacks, because that would be awesome)

If you're preparing for Charlotte then I suggest changing Arcanine's ability to Flash Fire just for her gym and Flare Blitz your way through it. It doesn't matter if it's resistant when it gets all these boosts from the field and its ability, and the sun. Just make sure to take out Darmanitan quickly and I recall no other mon she has has a super effective move on the Arcanine.

I suggest using Arcanine or Flygon, if you got it from the Mystery Egg. I got lucky and that mon helped me for Charlotte's entire team, with even Aggron by my side. Darmanitan is a problem with Rock Slide, pay attention. If you were lucky, I guess Tyrantrum and Archeops do their work, especially with one of her mons in particular, but I didn't test that.