Mega ring jigglypuff

MoonTigress

So I'm trying to do the mega ring sidequest and I got to the part where you have to trade jigglypuff but it says not able?  I accidentally traded the original jigglypuff but I breed and evolved another one but it still won't take it?  Can I still complete this quest? 

2 minutes ago, MoonTigress said:

So I'm trying to do the mega ring sidequest and I got to the part where you have to trade jigglypuff but it says not able?  I accidentally traded the original jigglypuff but I breed and evolved another one but it still won't take it?  Can I still complete this quest? 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it checks the original trainer. So your only option seems to be to ask someone for one

1 hour ago, LilyX said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it checks the original trainer. So your only option seems to be to ask someone for one

Oh that's awful lol.  Guess I'll be waiting on the megaring for a lil bit.

I do wish those pokemon that were meant to be given away were locked from trading or from being released.  I faced a similar issue, and someone assisted by trading me their pokemon with the same name as the original OT, and that worked. I think that Jigglypuff's owner is Santiago if I recall. 

1 hour ago, NeoBolt said:

I do wish those pokemon that were meant to be given away were locked from trading or from being released.  I faced a similar issue, and someone assisted by trading me their pokemon with the same name as the original OT, and that worked. I think that Jigglypuff's owner is Santiago if I recall. 

Precisely what I was thinking lol.  Especially if it's a pokemon you need to get the megaring of all things...

Someone said to try hatching it on 7th street but that didn't work either

If nothing changed from EP18 on that quest, then yes, you absolutely need to have the right Pokémon that righfully belong to their respective owners.

If you want to complete this quest, you have 2 options:

1.) Ask for someone to trade you the right Pokémon, or

2.) Create a second safe file, play up to the point where you can get the mons and use the shared PC mod to trade them between save files.

The latter one of course takes some time, but if you are very lucky, you may also have an older backup from before you traded Jigglypuff. If so, you can rename it and run that one as a second save file and use Shared PC mod.

• Like 2