Tips for the Elite 4?

lilskittle

Hi all. I managed to get up to the Elite 4 and I was wondering if there is anything I should know about/look out for before heading in?

This is the team I've used all the way up to this point (Mawile was recently added/only IV trained) and I would like to keep using them if possible.
(TeamInReborn).png.020e2352d91a1d93af1959570d56d6dd.png

I also have the "litemode" password enabled since I heard that makes Reborn kind of have an Easy Mode. (And in extreme cases ((or that I just suck)), I also use the "leveloffset" password if I can't win a battle with whatever Pokemon team I have. Is it okay to use this password? I only put it around -5/10 and I feel kind of bad for using it. I do turn it off after the specific battle though.)

Well that's all I wanted to ask about. If any of you have tips, I greatly appreciate it. :) (PS: I'm mostly a casual player if that has any importance? I just like to see the story and not want to get stressed over the battles. Though I am guessing these up-coming fights will be stressful lol, but it's end-game! Don't have to worry as much.)

• Veterans
3 hours ago, lilskittle said:

Hi all. I managed to get up to the Elite 4 and I was wondering if there is anything I should know about/look out for before heading in?

This is the team I've used all the way up to this point (Mawile was recently added/only IV trained) and I would like to keep using them if possible.

I also have the "litemode" password enabled since I heard that makes Reborn kind of have an Easy Mode. (And in extreme cases ((or that I just suck)), I also use the "leveloffset" password if I can't win a battle with whatever Pokemon team I have. Is it okay to use this password? I only put it around -5/10 and I feel kind of bad for using it. I do turn it off after the specific battle though.)

Well that's all I wanted to ask about. If any of you have tips, I greatly appreciate it. :) (PS: I'm mostly a casual player if that has any importance? I just like to see the story and not want to get stressed over the battles. Though I am guessing these up-coming fights will be stressful lol, but it's end-game! Don't have to worry as much.)

passwords exist to be used; there's no shame in using them if you believe it'll make the experience more enjoyable.

for a more casual player; i would suggest stocking up on items if need be and making sure that you have the field readouts for the following on hand to look to if you're needing to strategize;

Spoiler

Mountain, Snowy Mountain, Flower Garden, Burning Field, Rainbow Field, Holy Field, Psychic Terrain, Starlight Arena, New World

as they are the most likely natural variations of fields that will pop up during your Elite Four challenge.

Beyond that; make sure to have any tutor moves you think you'll need on your pokemon as you enter, as you will not be able to go back to reteach them once you enter the Pokemon League. Same goes for relearnable moves; Fake Out on Persian or Meowstic for example can be invaluable to have.

Hope that helps some!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, lilskittle said:

adding to what Azeria had said, it can be worth it to change the field effect by concealing it temporarily with a terrain move if need be or if you can setup a chance, with an attack changing the field itself naturally as half the E4's strength is how dominant their types are on their chosen field and expect it will take a number of retries. But yeah simply put, take advantage of whatever the field will offer or figuratively...or literally burn it to the ground and figure out when you have a chance to setup as it's invaluable as an opportunity if you find an E4's mon can't threaten you much, in which case ya might enjoy using battle items (X items) if ya dont have setup buffs like swords dance

• Thanks 1