[E19] Reborn Debug Mod

aegif

As the title suggests, this "mod" lets you to use debug features. 

To install, download the file, then copy paste it to: YourRebornFolder\Data\Mods . (Make a Mods folder inside the Data folder if there isn't one). Let me know if for some reason you cannot download/access the file.

As a disclaimer, the developers are not responsible if you corrupt your savefile(s) using debug features and neither am I.

I hate sappy stuff but just to get it off my chest: Reborn has been a big part of my life for quite some time, I cannot be thankful enough for all the fun times I've had playing and keeping up with it. Ame, Cass and everyone involved in making this amazing game, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

Have fun breaking playing the game.

Download:

Debug.rb

• Like 5

Just now, The Shady Dealer said:

First, thank you. Second, you're awesome.  Third, It doesn't work for me. I have this problem:

34234586_(108).png.750eadf2ad3a257c6ac730c5cd9c83ea.png

Is there a problem on my end?

False alarm, the file was empty when I downloaded it for some reason. I downloaded it again and it works.

I think placing a new script under Data/Mods is better than modifying an existing game script, because the patches will likely overwrite them.

Basically just a .rb script with a single line

$DEBUG = true

Also, a PSA, ruby scripts can potentially kill your machine (unless mkxp does some form of sandboxing?), the fault is also yours if you end up installing malware. Not that this mod is evil, you can do a diff between this and the original to check.

please don't use mods or debug with e19. please. if you come to me with an error and it's related to either of those things, i hate you just a little bit. there is no apologizing for what you've done. i'll see you in hell.

For some reason, I never had trouble abooosing debug. Though, I am mindful of not triggering events in the wrong order.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nullspace said:

I think placing a new script under Data/Mods is better than modifying an existing game script, because the patches will likely overwrite them.

Basically just a .rb script with a single line

$DEBUG = true

Also, a PSA, ruby scripts can potentially kill your machine (unless mkxp does some form of sandboxing?), the fault is also yours if you end up installing malware. Not that this mod is evil, you can do a diff between this and the original to check.

please don't use mods or debug with e19. please. if you come to me with an error and it's related to either of those things, i hate you just a little bit. there is no apologizing for what you've done. i'll see you in hell.

For some reason, I never had trouble abooosing debug. Though, I am mindful of not triggering events in the wrong order.

The problem with the Mods approach as far as I can tell is that $DEBUG = true makes the game run in debug state, which bypasses the intro scene and boots straight to loading the savefile. By putting the line in "pokemonload" you can mitigate it such that: only when you soft reset (F12) it loads directly into loading your savefile (which is the point of soft-resetting, saving time). There is probably a better implementation, but this was the one that worked for me. Thanks for the feedback :)

EDIT: Maybe this works?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Aegif said:

The problem with the Mods approach as far as I can tell is that $DEBUG = true makes the game run in debug state, which bypasses the intro scene and boots straight to loading the savefile. By putting the line in "pokemonload" you can mitigate it such that: only when you soft reset (F12) it loads directly into loading your savefile (which is the point of soft-resetting, saving time). There is probably a better implementation, but this was the one that worked for me. Thanks for the feedback :)

EDIT: Maybe this works?

Oh, I was making the same thing. Welp, its basically the same mod you did, but I rename and call the original method, in the unlikely case initialize is modified.

class PokemonLoad
    alias_method :true_initialize, :initialize
    def initialize(scene)
        $DEBUG = true;
        true_initialize(scene);
    end
end

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 6:33 AM, Aegif said:

To install, download the file, then copy paste it to: YourRebornFolder\Data\Mods . (Make a Mods folder inside the Data folder if there isn't one). Let me know if for some reason you cannot download/access the file.

As a disclaimer, the developers are not responsible if you corrupt your savefile(s) using debug features and neither am I.

"please don't use mods or debug with e19. please. if you come to me with an error and it's related to either of those things, i hate you just a little bit. there is no apologizing for what you've done. i'll see you in hell." - Cass, 2022

I hate sappy stuff but just to get it off my chest: Reborn has been a big part of my life for quite some time, I cannot be thankful enough for all the fun times I've had playing and keeping up with it. Ame, Cass and everyone involved in making this amazing game, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

Have fun breaking playing e19.

Download:

Debug.rb 88 B · 71 downloads

Thank you so much now I'm ready for v19 <3

On 4/21/2022 at 6:33 AM, Aegif said:

"please don't use mods or debug with e19. please. if you come to me with an error and it's related to either of those things, i hate you just a little bit. there is no apologizing for what you've done. i'll see you in hell." - Cass, 2022

Have fun breaking playing e19.

Download:

Debug.rb 88 B · 71 downloads

Thank you so much now I'm ready for v19 <3

5 hours ago, Dustpan said:

I downloaded it but its not working. I even made a mods folder and everything. Please help

It should be placed in the folder Data/Mods/; if it is still not working, uh, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Also if your game is running, you need to close it and start it again, F12 is not enough.

4 hours ago, Nullspace said:

It should be placed in the folder Data/Mods/; if it is still not working, uh, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Also if your game is running, you need to close it and start it again, F12 is not enough.

How would I know if its working? Is there an Npc I have to talk to? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/21/2022 at 10:00 PM, Nullspace said:

Oh, I was making the same thing. Welp, its basically the same mod you did, but I rename and call the original method, in the unlikely case initialize is modified.

class PokemonLoad
    alias_method :true_initialize, :initialize
    def initialize(scene)
        $DEBUG = true;
        true_initialize(scene);
    end
end

Can you try fixing a problem with my save file? I used run through wall to get 5 spirits i missed and somehow my char ended locked in the position facing forward. It means I cannot talk with any npc facing anywhere than up unless i use walk through wall and place myself behind them. I tried reinstalling the game but save file creates the same situation regardless of debug being in or not.  Regardless do i turn left, right or down, player icon is always facing up. I went through all puzzles in victory road already without the mod, (have saved recording) saved after solving crystal keys-door and whole victory road finished is now, ended with locked character.  

Screenshot_3.jpg

10 hours ago, Tina said:

Can you try fixing a problem with my save file? I used run through wall to get 5 spirits i missed and somehow my char ended locked in the position facing forward. It means I cannot talk with any npc facing anywhere than up unless i use walk through wall and place myself behind them. I tried reinstalling the game but save file creates the same situation regardless of debug being in or not.  Regardless do i turn left, right or down, player icon is always facing up. I went through all puzzles in victory road already without the mod, (have saved recording) saved after solving crystal keys-door and whole victory road finished is now, ended with locked character.  

Screenshot_3.jpg

The times this happened to me was because I Ctrl-walked through stairs/vines(the kind that you go up and down within the same map). Stairs have events when you enter and exit them, if you skip the exit this happens. The way I fixed it was just to use any stair again (properly).

5 hours ago, Nullspace said:

The times this happened to me was because I Ctrl-walked through stairs/vines(the kind that you go up and down within the same map). Stairs have events when you enter and exit them, if you skip the exit this happens. The way I fixed it was just to use any stair again (properly).

I walked up a vine and it worked! Thanks a lot. :)

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...